Love it or Hate it?

TLK3: Love it or hate it?

Love it! Funny as hell!
37%
Hate it. It's an insult, can we please burn every copy?
29%
Not taking sides!
29%
How dare you make this thread, Snowy, you're starting drama.
4%

Total votes : 78

Re: Love it or Hate it?

Postby Carl » July 14th, 2012, 1:41 am

[quote="Misiziri"]I like it. It's not a masterpiece of anything, but it's entertaining and heartfelt. Although it was probably only made to milk any more money out of TLK it could. I remember really enjoying this as a kid, watching it with my former best friend we had a blast and were laughing the whole way through. And that's the whole point, in a way: make the younger audience laugh. And that's exactly what it did for me.[/quote]

This is pretty much how I feel about TLK 1.5. Only thing I can say that's different for me from that post is that I was watching it with my siblings instead of a friend, which is irrelevant. The movie was good the way it was, and while I agree that it could've had the lions in it more, it was still a nice little movie, and it amused me greatly as a kid.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Tora » July 14th, 2012, 6:14 am

Now I don't love the movie, nor do I hate it. I like a few parts in it such as the ones of Simba being a brat with Timon. ;) I also loved the part where Timon's mother says "Everything the light touches, belongs to someone else." and also "Ooo that violate so many laws of nature." by Shenzai. Overall I think it leaves a few plot holes, and I can honestly say this movie is meant for the young generation and not so much for the older fans of the original Lion King.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Ultra Fox » July 14th, 2012, 8:19 am

Meh. I don't care for either TLK sequel. I don't hate either, but I also don't like either.

So... yeah.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby HellmotherEva » July 18th, 2012, 4:34 pm

I love it more than TLK 2 and really think it's funny and I just think that some people take it to serious ;D Hm... I even think it's way better than TLK 2 (animation ect.)
HellmotherEva
I'm a greedy hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hate me, I don't want to argue

Nickname(s): Eva
Pride Points: 4

Postby Queen Elsa » July 20th, 2012, 1:59 pm

I like the back-story in it. I find it really funny as well. :)
Signature made by Marizzle.

I'm feeling...
ImageImageImage
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Your father, your tribe, your best friend

Nickname(s): Elsa, NKL, NalaKiaraLuver, QE, QI, Bulma
Pride Points: 57

Postby Kitty » July 29th, 2012, 11:01 pm

I don't hate it as such, however, I strongly dislike this movie.

Reason? I am not a big fan of Timon or Pumba. So watching a whole movie based on their history kind of bores me a little.

What makes me most cross, is the fact Simba barely had ANY screen time! Timon and Pumba already had a TV series based purely around them, and then they get a film. Don't get me wrong I don't hate them, however, it would of been nice if they had used the title 'The Lion King 3' as a true sequel from where it ended and either stuck to the title 'The Lion King 1 1/2' in all countries or used something along the lines of Timon and Pumba's beginning, for this movie. I find considering this another sequel with the '3' in the title, an insult. Personally, if they were planning to do a sequel like this it would have proven more popular to be based around the lion's. Mufasa/Sarabi/Scar's beginning, a more in-depth story of how Simba grew up in the jungle (not just 5 minutes). Hell, even this movie would have been alright if they would have given Simba more air time, there just sadly, wasn't enough Simba for my liking : (

Banner by SophieCub :3
Kitty

Pride Points: 4

Postby Timon the great » August 1st, 2012, 6:58 am

Overall, I liked it a lot. So I voted for "Love it! Funny as hell!" selection.

Now before anyone assumes this is because of my liking for Timon, I will say that I didn't like every single thing about the movie. So I'll go ahead and list a couple of my pros and cons on it, from most to least important.

Pros:

1) Timon's life!

Unlike the Timon & Pumbaa show (which I don't see much of anything canon about the series, at least for Timon, and especially that episode titled "Once Upon a Timon"), I fully consider TLK 3, canon about him. And I loved every single minute of it. It was much more realistic and to the point. So I can't imagine any Timon fan/supporter not liking anything of him in this TLK movie.

2)

It seriously wasn't just funny. It relatively shares the same emotion and feeling of TLK 1. It was heart-warming, lively, hopeful, had a few touching/memorable moments, and a good deal of spirit. And from what I've seen outside of MLK about this movie, it is generally accepted for what it is.

3)

It was different than from what Disney is typically makes out of original film works like TLK 1. Here, I don't give a lot of credit to Disney itself. But to the original TLK staff. If it weren't for them, then this movie would've not been made possible.

Cons:

1)

Not everything of Timon's life was shown. *TLK 1.5/3 Deleted Scenes confirm this. Where he was also and Actually younger too (in what appeared to be his teenage years)*

2)

It was originally meant to be a TLK 1 parody. *on a good note, it's safe to say that it didn't completely pan out like this*

3)

The scenes of Timon and Pumbaa in the theater and all the Disney character silhouette appearances at the very end. Both of all these scenes ruined some parts of the movie being "in-the-moment".

4)

In the sense that this is Timon's film, I strongly feel that it was Not made to be all that it could've been.

"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » August 7th, 2012, 10:24 am

Umm... i don't really know what i think about it. I was gonna select dont like it, but than somone told be the good things about it, so i don't really know.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby Meerkat » August 11th, 2012, 8:07 am

I really enjoyed this movie when it first came out, and I still love watching it about as much as I watch SP. It's a silly, lighthearted jab at the original that doesn't make sense and doesn't really need to.

The animation was very nice for a three-quel, and the songs were fun to listen to. It was a nice break from the emotional turmoil of the first and second films, which is probably why they centered it around comic relief characters rather than doing a main character backstory.

I never got to watch the Timon and Pumbaa spinoff because our local providers did not carry the channel, so this was a nice reintroduction to a few of my favorite characters.
Meerkat

Pride Points: 1

Postby Tabby » September 3rd, 2012, 9:09 pm

I surely don't love it nor hate it, the first time i watched it I must confess I laughed a lot, I mean like parodys, but nowadays I ONLY watch 15 minutes of it, and you possibly know which part I'm talking about x), I mean, Simba's so cute around there :B

The movie is funny, for a first time to watch, then it becomes somehow stupid if you're a fan who's watched tlk a thousand times and has gone through the whole fandom and read fanfics, wrote stuff, blablabla...

I preffer it over SP, It was clever and it got me entretained, so I say it's not as bad as everybody claims it to be.

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies