new Disney Store TLK plush??

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

Re: new Disney Store TLK plush??

Postby KiovuLove » July 6th, 2017, 7:56 pm

[quote="Rollo"]My three just arrived this morning. I was still in bed when the delivery driver dropped them off. I have to admit, I was pretty surprised by how small they actually are! I knew that they weren't as big as the Adult Simba or Nala from the Diamond Edition range, but I didn't expect them to be this tiny. I suspected them to be around the same height as the UK version of the Scar plush, and what I know to be a 'medium' plush from the Disney Store. I haven't measured them but Mufasa and Scar can't be taller than 12" or 13", and Rafiki is probably around 10" or 11". I just can't understand why they made them this small, but I must say that they've grown on me tremendously since they got here.

new plushies.jpg

I wouldn't mind having a full cast of characters who were this size. I think the smallness allows for more detail. Mufasa is a really stunning plush, he looks far better than the 2011 Adult Simba. I love his big pink nose! Scar is also a massive improvement from his 2011 counterpart, and I never had a Rafiki before but I think he looks just the same as his other plush. He's adorable though.

Here's a comparison of the 2011 UK version of Scar, the smaller one of the two, and the brand new Scar (2011 on the left, new Scar on the right.)

scar comparison.jpg

It might just be me, and it could be down to Scar's age, but I think the new Scar looks miles better than the 2011 version. His face in particular is so well detailed and vibrant. The old Scar has a more movie accurate fur colour, but the new Scar looks better with this lighter shade. I dunno, it could be down to the newness but I think they've done an excellent job with the design of him. And this Mufasa is a massive improvement from the Jumbo version, which, while adorable, looks nothing like Mufasa imo. I love the expression on his face. It's full of warmth and super cute.

It's a shame they've got to be this small, but I'm very pleased with this new range and I'm looking forward to seeing if they'll bring out anybody else. I'll certainly be purchasing them.[/quote]

Idk why I seem to feel differently but I think they're decently sized. I saw the other plushes in the disney store next to them and they're pretty much about the same size. I agree that the new scar looks better. He's more proportional. He had a swollen head in 2011 literally :lol: don't get me wrong, the 2011 version was a goal of mine for awhile but I love my new one and I don't feel like I need to get the old one anymore. I don't find the the old one is THAT much bigger, he's a tiny bit taller and more bulky. Scar isn't even a bulky lion. I'm happy with them and would love to see more <3 with the new movie coming out in 2 years I can only hope we get more
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Rollo » July 6th, 2017, 8:08 pm

[quote="KiovuLove"]Idk why I seem to feel differently but I think they're decently sized. I saw the other plushes in the disney store next to them and they're pretty much about the same size. I agree that the new scar looks better. He's more proportional. He had a swollen head in 2011 literally :lol: don't get me wrong, the 2011 version was a goal of mine for awhile but I love my new one and I don't feel like I need to get the old one anymore. I don't find the the old one is THAT much bigger, he's a tiny bit taller and more bulky. Scar isn't even a bulky lion. I'm happy with them and would love to see more <3 with the new movie coming out in 2 years I can only hope we get more[/quote]

Probably just a matter of personal preference! I've always preferred bigger plushies, and I was even considering selling this Rafiki to get the 2011 version, which is slightly bigger, but like I said these guys have grown on me. The 2011 UK version of Scar is definitely only slightly bigger - maybe two or three inches? But the American version is... well, when I put them side by side it makes me laugh. The American version is like 20" and this guy is teensy compared to him.

I'd love to get the hyenas and an Adult Simba and Nala that are this size. Cub Simba and Nala would be nice but I've never really liked the Disney Store's designs for them that much. Nala looks the nicest out of the two, I feel like Simba's too off colour. Sarabi too of course, but Disney probably don't think she'll sell as well as Nala would (would most people even be able to tell the difference though?) Then again, I didn't think they had much faith in Mufasa when it came to selling toys. They really surprised me with this one. Even though I'm very 'eh' toward Simba's Pride, it'd be cool if they released a Kiara and Kovu. Especially since this Signature Collection applies to ALL the movies, not just the original. They're all getting re-released. I think? That's the impression I've gotten anyway.

Ooh, the Disney Store will definitely milk the live action movie. I think that's a guarantee. Look what they did for BatB. TLK is one of their big sellers. I'm expecting them to go all out for it. I can't wait.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby KiovuLove » July 7th, 2017, 12:30 am

[quote="Rollo"]
I'd love to get the hyenas and an Adult Simba and Nala that are this size. Cub Simba and Nala would be nice but I've never really liked the Disney Store's designs for them that much. Nala looks the nicest out of the two, I feel like Simba's too off colour. Sarabi too of course, but Disney probably don't think she'll sell as well as Nala would (would most people even be able to tell the difference though?) Then again, I didn't think they had much faith in Mufasa when it came to selling toys. They really surprised me with this one. Even though I'm very 'eh' toward Simba's Pride, it'd be cool if they released a Kiara and Kovu. Especially since this Signature Collection applies to ALL the movies, not just the original. They're all getting re-released. I think? That's the impression I've gotten anyway.

Ooh, the Disney Store will definitely milk the live action movie. I think that's a guarantee. Look what they did for BatB. TLK is one of their big sellers. I'm expecting them to go all out for it. I can't wait.[/quote]

I'm not holding my breath for a kovu or kiara, but I seriously wish they would. I love them so much, maybe even more than simba and Nala, but that might be because we saw more of their relationship than we do nala and simba. If we get anything kovu and kiara, it'd most likely be afterthoughts in the lion guard merchandise. We are already getting a kovu figure and I think a new kiara as well. I do wish though that with the re-release that they would release something new of them based off of the lion king merch line instead though :/

In my opinion, I could see them releasing more nala and simba the most (since they're a pretty big part of the movie) but I could also see them releasing more hyenas. A lot of Scar merch includes the hyenas and it seems that disney is kind of recognizing that the villains may be villains but they're well loved. The hyenas were kind of scars minions but they played a big part so they deserve more.

I'm beyond excited for the new movie merch but I'm afraid they'll turn out to be like the jungle book stuff and just look like normal animals....
But you'll see every day

We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Postby HasiraKali » July 7th, 2017, 10:12 pm

Several Disney Store CMs have said that there are hyenas and more on the way. We shall see. I only got Scar and Mufasa this time. I have so many Simbas, Nalas, and Timon, and Pumbaas. But I only have a few Scars and Mufasas. :p
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby KiovuLove » July 7th, 2017, 10:17 pm

[quote="HasiraKali"]Several Disney Store CMs have said that there are hyenas and more on the way. We shall see. [/quote]

Wow really? Where was this said? I hope it's true!!!
But you'll see every day

We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Postby nathalie » July 8th, 2017, 12:42 pm

I'm waiting for the new Pixar tsums to come on the 18th, I'm not gonna pay shipping endless amounts of times, lol, so hopefully they'll still have both plush left, including the new ones.
Though, I have a feeling they might only arrive when sales are done.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Rollo » July 8th, 2017, 1:31 pm

[quote="nathalie"]Though, I have a feeling they might only arrive when sales are done.[/quote]

Yeah, I think that's right. Getting rid of old stock before they release everything else they've got planned. I went on Instagram last week where someone had put up a picture of the new reusable bag, and someone had commented saying that they were lucky to find it because the merch was not due out until the end of July. So I think it's the end of this month that the rest of the 2017 line will be released. Fingers crossed!
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 8th, 2017, 4:31 pm

I really wish I had a Scar plush but, im all about detail and doing it right, I dont like how they did scars nose, its way off, and his nose is one of the key features that I like they could have done a better job with the nose, it just looks deformed, im not pleased about it, but I will get Mufasa
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby nathalie » July 8th, 2017, 10:00 pm

[quote="Rollo"][quote="nathalie"]Though, I have a feeling they might only arrive when sales are done.[/quote]

Yeah, I think that's right. Getting rid of old stock before they release everything else they've got planned. I went on Instagram last week where someone had put up a picture of the new reusable bag, and someone had commented saying that they were lucky to find it because the merch was not due out until the end of July. So I think it's the end of this month that the rest of the 2017 line will be released. Fingers crossed![/quote]

Which is strange, 'cause it's been on the US website for at least over a week.
I ordered it there.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Heeey-Kion » July 9th, 2017, 9:51 pm

[quote="HasiraKali"]Several Disney Store CMs have said that there are hyenas and more on the way. We shall see.[/quote]
Now that is excellent news. I hope it's true!
Heeey-Kion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Marketplace