new Disney Store TLK plush??

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

Re: new Disney Store TLK plush??

Postby Gaze » July 10th, 2017, 5:38 am

[quote="HasiraKali"]Several Disney Store CMs have said that there are hyenas and more on the way. We shall see.[/quote]
so excited to see what the "and more" will be.... keeping my fingers crossed for Sarabi even though it's so unlikely!

my Mufasa and Scar are due to arrive tomorrow and I'm pumped
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Gaze » July 11th, 2017, 12:53 am

sorry to double-post, but they're here! yay

gotta say I agree with Rollo. I was surprised at how small they are! I guess I'm just used to looking at my big Disney Store adult Simbas, so I was subconsciously expecting something closer to that. not disappointed though, just happy to have them! I think Scar in particular looks amazing. never could justify grabbing one of the 2011 Scars off ebay, so this guy will definitely do for now.
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby nathalie » July 11th, 2017, 10:23 am

Is the Scar much different from the 2011 version?
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Rollo » July 11th, 2017, 12:59 pm

[quote="nathalie"]Is the Scar much different from the 2011 version?[/quote]

I posted a comparison a few pages back Nathalie. I would say that yes, there's enough changes in this new plush to qualify it as being "different". Aside from the size differences, his face has been redesigned. The eyebrows/black lining around his eyes are more prominent, and he has a little white pupil in his eye now that the 2011 version lacks. I really like this change because I think he looks more like his animated self.

There's a bend/crease in his tail that I think was supposed to be part of the original 2011 design, but it was taken out and you only see it in prototypes of the Diamond Edition Scar plush, so that's included now, which is cool.

Aside from that he's very similar to the 2011 plush, but because he's smaller he looks a lot neater. It's a tidier design, and definitely a step up from the Diamond Edition Scar.

If he was the same size as the 2011 plushies I'd consider him to be the best Scar plush they've ever made. They've done an excellent job with him.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby nathalie » July 11th, 2017, 5:27 pm

Woops, missed that picture, sorry.
That's the UK 2011 Scar you have? As the US version was slightly bigger too -_-

As I was thinking of only getting Mufasa now, and not Scar, because to me "he does kind of look the same" apart from the size.
Price wise I think it's about the same as back then? I think I payed 25 € for my Scar in the Belgian Disney Store. 20 £ basically is 25 €. And that bothers me too a little, same prize, smaller plush, hehe.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rollo » July 11th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Yeah, that's the UK version in my pictures. Sold him last week actually. I own the even larger US version too, but I didn't have him near me when I was taking the pictures. The size comparison is even more obvious with that guy.

I did think that the size would put people off purchasing him, to be honest. Not many people, but I'm sure there's a few who don't think it's worth it because of how little he is! That being said, I do think he makes up for it in detail. He's got a much nicer design than the old Scar.

Was the original 2011 Scar only £20? I can't believe that when you consider how pricey he is these days. I think I remember seeing Adult Simba on the UK Disney Store website months ago and they were charging £40 for him. I managed to get him for £20 Christmas of 2015 because they had a sale on. Don't think I'll ever get that lucky again with the Disney Store lol.

Ooh, I'm getting excited to see what else they sell this year! Hopefully this current sale ends soon :P
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nathalie » July 11th, 2017, 8:44 pm

I had a look at my inventory (lol), and it says 26 €. Taken in consideration, that I probably used my Disneyland Paris AP to get 10 % discount, he could have been a bit more, so somewhere between 26 € and 30 €. I don't have him here with me at my own place, he's at my parents somewhere (though, couldn't find him -_- ) I know the price tag is still on there, lol.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Postby Solar » July 13th, 2017, 12:01 am

I've been looking for a good Scar plush for FOREVER because I wanted to buy one for my friend. His birthday isn't until November but maybe I should snag it now while I can :think:
Solar
He Lives In You

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He Lives In Me

Nickname(s): Solar, Molly
Pride Points: 4

Postby Squashed_Banana » July 16th, 2017, 1:00 am

Mufasa.jpg
Mufasa.jpg (80.74 KiB) Viewed 3977 times

Got a Mufasa plush today local Disney Store! Local being about 40 minutes away, lol. I live in CT and the Disney Store I went to didn't have Rafiki and only had 1 Scar left. They were also very low on the reusable bag. I didn't see any on display and had to ask if they had any more. The cast member said she wasn't sure, but she checked one of the cabinets behind her and luckily found one :D

I plan on going back again before I leave for my senior year of college. Hopefully I'll be able to buy the Scar plush then and bring him, along with Mufasa, with me to my Lion King/Lion Guard themed dorm room :lol:
"Zira had a plot, and I was part of it, but I don't want to be... because... it's because I love you."
||Signature by me||The Lion King: Harvest Moon Edition||
Squashed_Banana
Hey, look...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

... We are one.

Pride Points: 1

Postby Rollo » July 18th, 2017, 1:31 pm

So I believe the Signature Collection release is due for mid/late August? Hopefully we start seeing more merchandise in the next couple of weeks! :D
Rollo

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Marketplace