my WDW Sarabi plush arrived!

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

my WDW Sarabi plush arrived!

Postby Gaze » January 12th, 2017, 8:47 am

I apologize in advance that this is a very self indulgent thread, but I'm so happy to finally have my 'holy grail' item! it's been a years-long search. to celebrate the occasion, my girlfriend and I decided to have a little party. originally we planned not to invite anyone else because we thought a two-person party would be funnier, but I ended up inviting a friend who asked if I'd received Sarabi yet, which then led to me deciding to just extend the invitation to all my roommates (there are 8 of them). it ended up being a pleasant tiny gathering.

and now, some photo documentation of the evening.
the kitchen table, set up and ready to go. festive beverages, TLG party city decor, a cake for Sarabi, and the lioness of the hour - still inside her package fresh from the UK, waiting to be opened, resting atop a marble tray

a close-up of the cake. very ugly, but made with love!!! and of course, made using applesauce in place of eggs, resulting in a vegan alternative for my vegan GF & vegan roomie

after I give a speech explaining Sarabi's significance and finally slice open the package, my roomie pops the champagne and pours everyone a Lion Guard paper cup as TLK songs play off another roomie's phone. TLG temporary tattoos were applied by everyone soon after

Sarabi looks on as the cake gets eaten and a candle burns in her honor. she spent the remainder of the night being passed around and admired, meeting small dogs who wanted to eat her, and having her portrait taken many times on 35mm film.

I'll have to get some shots of her hanging out with my Disney Store Sarabi + baby Simba!

well, thank you all for joining me on this day of celebration....but I really don't want this thread to be all about me. so please feel free to share stories/anecdotes about your own personal journeys obtaining (or trying to obtain) your own 'holy grail' TLK items!!
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Re: my WDW Sarabi plush arrived!

Postby mewtwo » January 12th, 2017, 10:16 am

Awesome, so is sarabi rare? Cause i got her in Disney world back in 04. This is epic.
mewtwo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby LittleRolox3 » January 12th, 2017, 3:27 pm

haha thats the best thing ive seen today congrats!
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Nala
Pride Points: 19

Postby Heeey-Kion » January 12th, 2017, 9:26 pm

Single tear
Heeey-Kion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Gaze » January 15th, 2017, 7:22 am

thanks for the support, guys! haha

[quote="mewtwo"]Awesome, so is sarabi rare? Cause i got her in Disney world back in 04.[/quote]
yep, she seems to be pretty rare judging by the fact that I spent years just trying to spot one for sale, and another one of them sold on ebay for over $300 just a few days ago!!
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Postby Nilla » January 15th, 2017, 7:39 am

I cannot stop smiling at this, I want the world to be like this always. You actually threw a small party and invited friends! That's so pure! I love everything about it! And I want in on your friend group, they must be awesome! This is so silly but life's silly and we shouldn't take it so seriously
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Gaze » January 15th, 2017, 8:10 am

[quote="Nilla"]I cannot stop smiling at this, I want the world to be like this always. You actually threw a small party and invited friends! That's so pure! I love everything about it! And I want in on your friend group, they must be awesome! This is so silly but life's silly and we shouldn't take it so seriously[/quote]
awwhh, this has me all smiley too!! I actually don't know any of my roommates very well at all, but I was extremely touched and moved by their enthusiasm and sincerity during the celebration. I love making small/mundane things into fun events and I'm very grateful for anyone who joins in, haha :cheese:
Gaze
TLK collector

and bad poster

Return to Lion King Marketplace