What did you just buy?

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

Re: What did you just buy?

Postby Marizzle » November 4th, 2016, 11:32 pm

[quote="Nilla"]do you have these exact ones? not these with the embroidered eyes?
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/ ... 4u66ua.jpg

If so aww... :( I was under the impression that they were actual prototypes used in preproduction. I purchased these from someone who got them in a factory in hong kong on ebay for $12.20, but I probably would have payed more.[/quote]
^I believe so. I'll have to double-check, but I believe the eyes aren't embroidered. :think: But, even if they are, thanks again. I truly didn't know where this Kiara had come from, so either it being a prototype or not, I finally know more about it. :lol:

And I see. Sounds like a reasonable price. I might look around and try to get a Kovu, so that I can have both. Thanks, again! :D
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Nilla » November 4th, 2016, 11:37 pm

I would love to see yours! I'm super curious if there are more of these guys hanging around. I've never seen another pic of them. The seller didn't seem super sure about what they were anyway. They are from Nestle France by the way!
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Rollo » June 26th, 2017, 7:30 pm

Old thread but I'm so excited I had to share it. Just managed to score the WDW Sarabi plush for £75. Total bargain when you consider she went for over £300 a few months back. Also finally managed to get the larger American version of the Disney Store Scar plush - completely broke now but it's worth it :D

If anyone in the UK is interested, I am currently selling my UK Disney Store Scar plush. He is the smaller version of the two. It's a bidding listing starting at £25. UK shipping only, though: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122565278601? ... 1555.l2649

Apologies for the absolute state of my room but it's getting redecorated at the moment. If anyone would like to purchase him as a Buy-It-Now, I'm looking for £100. I'll throw in free postage too. Thanks guys.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby KiovuLove » June 28th, 2017, 5:41 am

This is my loot from today! Went to toys r us, party city, and disney store. I was really sad that toys r us didn't have the lion guard family (+ rafiki) set, but I'm pretty content with this :)
Attachments
20170628_001155.jpg
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Gaze » June 28th, 2017, 7:27 am

[quote="Rollo"]Just managed to score the WDW Sarabi plush for £75. Total bargain when you consider she went for over £300 a few months back. [/quote]
omg, congratulations!! did you find her on ebay?
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Rollo » June 28th, 2017, 12:15 pm

[quote="Gaze"]omg, congratulations!! did you find her on ebay?[/quote]

Thank you! And yes I did! I actually bought her from the same seller who sold me the American Scar plush. They're a UK seller who always has rare TLK merch in stock which is a blessing since buying from the US is becoming increasingly pricey, and it was never cheap to begin with. They had a set with Sarabi and the WDW Simba and I asked them if they'd sell me Sarabi separately. I think £75 is an amazing price considering how rare she is. It's just under $100. Feeling very lucky.

This Mufasa plush is so stunning. I'm still a wee bit disappointed with his size, but he really makes up for it in detail. I might just have to buy the Scar to go with him. And the Rafiki, been meaning to get him for ages so I'm glad he's being sold at retail price again. Same for the hyenas. This is an awesome opportunity for the people who missed out on buying these guys in their original 2011 release :)
Rollo

Postby KiovuLove » June 28th, 2017, 6:31 pm

[quote="Rollo"]
This Mufasa plush is so stunning. I'm still a wee bit disappointed with his size, but he really makes up for it in detail. I might just have to buy the Scar to go with him. And the Rafiki, been meaning to get him for ages so I'm glad he's being sold at retail price again. Same for the hyenas. This is an awesome opportunity for the people who missed out on buying these guys in their original 2011 release :)[/quote]

I was one of those people who missed out on him :/ I could hardly contain my excitement when the lady told me that they had them in stock :heart: The size isn't too bad if you ask me (mostly because I'm running out of space :unsure:). My mufasa is right next to my adult simba and the simba is only slightly larger. Well it's only a couple inches taller, but has a bigger face and is more bulky. I'm definitely not complaining :grouphug:
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Rollo » June 29th, 2017, 12:11 pm

The new Mufasa and Scar plushies (as well as Rafiki and Timon) went for sale on the UK Disney Store website this morning. I had been browsing the Instagram tags when people started to post pictures and panicked as many were commenting saying that they were already out of stock - I wasn't at all surprised but a bit disappointed as I was really looking forward to getting my hands on a Muffy :sad:

But, whadda ya know! They were in stock when I checked the website and I've just purchased myself a Mufasa, Scar and Rafiki. I think the website was crashing earlier due to all the orders. I'm amazed I managed to get them, but so thankful I did as I think Mufasa's going to go for big bucks on eBAY when he actually does go out of stock. Same for Scar. For once I managed to get these guys at retail price :lol: Hallelujah.

My bank account is really suffering through. I've spent over £200 in like, two days. I'm really hoping there's a break before the hyenas go on sale, that'll be another £60 down. I think I might see a decline in interest in the Scar plushie I'm selling thanks to this but oh well :P Glad we're finally getting more original movie merch!
Rollo

Postby mamaprince » July 28th, 2019, 7:06 am

I've gotten a lot of goodies lately, but last night I bought the 2019 Just Play Young Simba and Nala blindbags. I am honestly disappointed with a lot of the new merchandise as it is frankly just recolors of the TLG blind bags and figure sets smh.
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby Gaze » July 28th, 2019, 5:29 pm

I had a pretty awesome Goodwill trip last night. I'm at a point in my collecting where I never find TLK toys at thrift stores that I don't already have, but last night I grabbed the Disney Store adult Nala for $1.99 and a kinda goofy-looking WDW Scar I didn't have yet for 99 cents! so excited about the Nala.

[quote="mamaprince"]I've gotten a lot of goodies lately, but last night I bought the 2019 Just Play Young Simba and Nala blindbags. I am honestly disappointed with a lot of the new merchandise as it is frankly just recolors of the TLG blind bags and figure sets smh.[/quote]
I know, I noticed that last time I went to Wal-Mart and I was so disappointed!! I expected a lot more, better merchandise to come out with the release of the remake. I'm always so surprised when Disney doesn't take every opportunity to cash in on one of their most successful franchises ever....
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Marketplace