Disney Store Servey

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

Re: Disney Store Servey

Postby Elton John » June 18th, 2015, 5:09 am

There will be a ton of new merchandice when the lion guard comes out. Also don't forget that the lion king was the first to get a 'legacy collection' cd set, has its own funko pop set, had the first three movies re-released on blu ray in the uk late last year, and was the first disney animated movie to be referenced in the marvel cinematic universe.

Don't believe me? Rewatch the battle for new york in the avengers. In the scene right before captain america talks to the cops when you see the cops talking to each other there's a poster for the lion king broadway musical in the background. Since this was a digitally recreated nyc it totally counts.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KiovuLove » June 18th, 2015, 1:09 pm

Well the Broadway show is a huge new York show. It's almost always showing. I believe I've also seen a marvel comic of the lion king but i dont really know if it was real.

Yea it still gets some attention but you're kind of doomed to eventually not be on shelves unless you're a disney princess which i find pretty ridiculous. Even snow white (which was yes the first film disney ever made and also the first full length film in color or something) but no kid really is a huge fan of her, yet there's still always stuff of her out. Lion king still sells. Heck forever 21 had a clothing line and I really wanted it but didn't have money at the time. Once I did, all the stuff I wanted was sold out and never came back. Seriously. I don't know why disney hasn't gotten that
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » June 18th, 2015, 1:32 pm

There is a marvel comic of the lion king. I own it. I still own it.

But like I said, the avengers had a digital recreation of nyc. It was almost all green screens not actually filmed in new york so it had to be intentional
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 18th, 2015, 3:34 pm

No offense to any Frozen fans, but I really hate that its still taking over the spotlight, I really cant help but think that Frozen won over TLK, I mean I work at Party City Now and I am on Cash register and I see more and more Frozen merchandise bought every time I have to work, I'm just so sick of it, it just makes me.... :furious4:

So over all I blame Frozen.

let me tell you about a joke one of my co-worker told me, I tell him, Im so sick how overrated frozen is, and his response-Let it Go......which made me want to :bigteethnala:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » June 18th, 2015, 3:44 pm

Frozen is the new big thing, but the real question is will it have the popularity the lion king has right now 20+ years after its release?
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbaPrescott » June 18th, 2015, 4:07 pm

Eh, Frozen. A good movie that's just far too overrated.

Disney aren't the best when it comes to marketing certain franchises - Scar merchandise, for instance, sells out so fast that within just a few months his RRP triples in value. Despite that, they rarely bother to do Scar stuff. When it comes to villains, they usually do human villains (or just the female human villains).
And don't get me started on how poorly they handled Wreck-it Ralph - The UK Disney Store received about 3 Ralph plush per store. And when the movie was released on DVD, they never restocked (did the same thing with Up, actually).

I'm just hoping they're planning to release a load of Lion Guard merch, hence the slow releases right now.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby KiovuLove » June 19th, 2015, 2:01 am

I honestly hate the Frozen franchise too. It's unfair to compare the two anyway. Back then, the media wasn't as big as it is now. Lion King got it's popularity from just being great. Plus the whole "sisterly love" theme in Frozen was probably what helped it raise it's popularity. But it is ridiculous. I cant stand Let It Go. I work at Toys R Us Express...like...the mall I work at sometimes plays it and of course all the little kids, boy and girl, have to sing along. It just...I mean yea I thought it was cute at first, but then all of a sudden it was really popular and I was like "whoa. hold on a second". I think the whole thing that it's a disney princess movie too is why it's so big. One of Disney's highest pedestals is the Disney Princess line. I honestly think that its possible that the new disney infinity, they threw in Olaf just to try to make sure the new version sells. All the others arent exciting enough to purchase (in my opinion of course. I mean I love Mulan, but not enough to buy a whole new game like that...).

Meh. They recognize LK is a winner or else they wouldnt have made this new show. Thats how I feel. They may just release more especially if the show does great.
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Previous

Return to Lion King Marketplace