RunDisney

RunDisney

Postby FlipMode » January 12th, 2016, 1:40 am

I know we have a running thread but I thought maybe this should have its own separate thread and plus the other is dead anyway.
So I just wandered if anyone here is participating in RunDisney next year or has done previous years?
I've already started training for it and I'm getting to know other runners who are also going to be attending. So yeah, long shot but wandered if anyone here had ran a marathon via RunDisney.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: RunDisney

Postby DGFone » January 29th, 2016, 8:39 pm

How many marathons have I run? Lost count. Most likely will do another one in a month. And the one after that.

How many I have done with RunDisney? 0.

Strictly speaking, I am not a fan of running on streets, so I doubt I will ever do one of these. Not to mention that joining one is rather pricey, but at the end of the day, would I rather run in LA, where the air is bad, around Disneland? Or rather pay my sister a visit and cross the same distance on our patented Point Reyes Marathon?

Spoiler: show
We don't actually have a patent on our run. It's most likely not even 26.2 miles, but it's so close to that distance that we don't care, and when you add the fact that it's not flat, "Eh, close enough."
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » February 13th, 2016, 10:47 am

But did you do it dressed as Tinkerbell while running through sleeping beauty's castle?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » February 14th, 2016, 12:43 am

No, but guess what I get to do tomorrow. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Tsuki » February 14th, 2016, 12:47 am

I was really tempted to give it a go this year. Well walk it anyway as I've been advised not to run. But I think my chest isn't that great to do it this year :(. But I may look into it in the future :). So doing it dressed as the Cheshire Cat if I do do it though :P.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby FlipMode » February 18th, 2016, 11:08 am

[quote="DGFone"]No, but guess what I get to do tomorrow. :P[/quote]

I don't know? Lol

[quote="Tsuki"]I was really tempted to give it a go this year. Well walk it anyway as I've been advised not to run. But I think my chest isn't that great to do it this year :(. But I may look into it in the future :). So doing it dressed as the Cheshire Cat if I do do it though :P.[/quote]

Yeah I believe it's 16 min/mile for the half and full, I don't think the 5K or 10K are timed.
Aw well hope you will get to do it in the future and a full recovery to you.
FlipMode

Return to The Den