Horse Riding

Re: Horse Riding

Postby Ninaroja » December 21st, 2016, 2:49 am

[quote="GeminiGemelo"][quote="Ninaroja"]^YNK - University of Southampton has a riding stables that anyone can pay a little money (presumably amounts a student could afford, since it's tied to the University) to ride. I think I might avail of this opportunity at least once when I'm there - like I told you before my friend Catherine loved horses with her entire being - it would be a tribute to her in a way to do it also :) Plus, I'd get to be around animals again :D[/quote]

That sounds great. :) Did you ever get to try it?

[/quote]

Only three weeks late, but no, never did. Not in Southampton, anyway. I did go horseriding in Spain in summer 2015, though, which was awesome :D
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Re: Horse Riding

Postby Gemini » December 21st, 2016, 4:41 am

[quote="Ninaroja"][quote="GeminiGemelo"][quote="Ninaroja"]^YNK - University of Southampton has a riding stables that anyone can pay a little money (presumably amounts a student could afford, since it's tied to the University) to ride. I think I might avail of this opportunity at least once when I'm there - like I told you before my friend Catherine loved horses with her entire being - it would be a tribute to her in a way to do it also :) Plus, I'd get to be around animals again :D[/quote]

That sounds great. :) Did you ever get to try it?

[/quote]

Only three weeks late, but no, never did. Not in Southampton, anyway. I did go horseriding in Spain in summer 2015, though, which was awesome :D[/quote]

That sounds awesome! Must've been a lovely experience. :)

Little known fact about me - one of my most cherished dreams is to be able to one day do the horseback tour of Iceland. I've already started poking around looking at it and trying to see how feasible it would be. I've wanted to do it since I was about 11 or 12 and I'm hoping that it might be doable as a trip after I graduate from my undergrad (so, summer 2019). It looks absolutely wonderful.

In any case - update on my horse riding dreams here - I'm currently trying to get on the dressage team and I may just have my hands on a suitable lease! The horse I'm looking at is a 20 year-old flea-bitten Oldenburg gelding named Sylvester. He's very handsome and seemed patient and forgiving when I met him on Sunday. His owner shared a major with me (Animal Science - Equine specialization! Wooooooo!) and we got along pretty well, I think. Took him for a test ride and he was great. He's trained in dressage, mostly, which is why I think he'd be a great horse for me to learn off of. :)

Screenshot_2016-12-14-22-58-19.png

Screenshot_2016-12-14-22-58-08.png

Screenshot_2016-12-14-22-58-00.png

(I'm not the one riding, unfortunately - pretty sure that's his owner - but of course if I ever get any pics of me on him, I will update)

He's on the older side but still sound, seemed to have a good head on him and no major health problems. If I leased him, that would start in January. In the meantime - still trying to figure things out, but I'm hoping this is a go, as it's something I have wanted to do for about five years now. I'm super excited!
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Previous

Return to The Den