Media & Entertainment

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Media & Entertainment

Postby FlipMode » July 10th, 2010, 10:32 am

I propose a seperate forum in The Lounge or Sub Forum in The Den, for discussion of other films, games, music etc. Because if we take for example the "What movies have you watched recently" thread or "What song are you listening to?" these get replies daily and the more serious topics where members have told the community about whatever is happening in their life and seek advice / support (presumably) are floating down to the bottom and disappearing from the first page altogether. So yeah, I just think it would make "The Den" slightly less cluttered, penny for your thoughts?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Media & Entertainment

Postby Panda-chan » July 10th, 2010, 4:13 pm

Personally, I have to agree with Flip. I don't know if anyone else thinks the same but the Den is pretty much a jumble of all sorts of random topics now. There are 30+ pages of stuff that takes a while to sift through if you're trying to find something in particular. I think it would help if it was a bit more organized, similar to what it was like before the update. :innocent:
*hooray for speaking out* 8D
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby WildSimba » July 10th, 2010, 7:13 pm

I have to agree, the Den is a little bit cluttered, and I think this can help to organize it a little better.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby PrincessKiara » July 10th, 2010, 7:15 pm

I think that’s a good idea, I would love to see the Den more organized.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby RayCat » July 11th, 2010, 3:46 am

As much as I appreiciate Moka pulling all the topics into one category to keep stuff organised, I have to say it seems to be getting the opposite effect :P sorry! It might help if we had one or two other catergories for certain topics, things would be a lot easier then ^^
and I also agree with what Flip says about the member announcements- some could be really important, but end up getting pushed lower and lower so nobody gives a hoot. Well, that's my complaining done, thank you for reading =D
My graphics thread
And where the journey may lead you
Let this prayer be your guide
Though it may take you so far away
Always remember your pride
RayCat

The lion sleeps no more

Pride Points: 55

Postby SnowyCheetah » July 11th, 2010, 5:59 am

I've got to agree here :\ the den seems very disorganized to me, and it's really hard to find something meaningful amongst all the threads where people post regularly.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Mike » July 11th, 2010, 6:08 am

Last time this was discussed we agreed that the Den should be consolidated into what's basically an "other" forum, allowing the focus of the forums to be on TLK as intended, and not providing any special framework for other areas because... well... that's not what MLK is for ^.^ For the same reason, non TLK post count was disabled.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Azdgari » July 11th, 2010, 4:18 pm

I agree with that on a principle level, Mike, but on a practical level, I'm not sure the 'one forum does all' approach works quite so well. It's exactly what Flip said. Because there are so many topics and posts, any topic you post that's not 'hot' as they say (xP) will be 2 pages deep in the den in a matter of days. It's so cluttered that I would say a majority of topics just don't really get any attention at all, which just leads to people posting more topics. Separating topics on stuff like Media and Entertainment from all the other support/announcement topics would go a long way towards organization. I wouldn't say that adding one more subforum for a total of two off-topic discussion forums is exactly shifting the focus of the board. Then again, as always, it is the staff's decision, so if you guys feel that's one step too far, then that's that. =]
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby YFWE » July 13th, 2010, 4:43 am

I don't have a problem with the idea. Yes, this is a TLK forum and TLK should be emphasized, but I also believe in the notion of forums being all-encompassing as well. You can have an emphasis on a certain aspect of something but still have plenty of other reasons for someone to visit a forum. Heck, in some regards, one might not even have to leave a forum and go off to others if everything they'd need to talk about can be orderly talked about here. It might keep more people here and increase forum activity in general.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby SnowyCheetah » July 13th, 2010, 4:55 am

I'd also like to add that on-topic discussions are still encouraged by virtue of the face that post counts are enabled only in on-topic areas.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Return to Feedback & How-To