Can anyone tell me what pride points are?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Can anyone tell me what pride points are?

Postby rachel » April 1st, 2019, 6:16 pm

Are they the amount of months someone has been here?
a ranking system?
or somthing for a role play?
Currency for commissions?

I see some people with hundreds of them, and others with a few or none. So what are they used for because it looks like they just sit around doing nothing. Is it a good thing to get them? or a bad thing to get them?
MAGA
rachel
MAGA

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Proud to say that Jesus is my Lord and Saivor

Nickname(s): Rachel, Lamb, Lamb the cat
Telegram: Don't have telegram
Pride Points: 1

Re: Can anyone tell me what pride points are?

Postby DGFone » April 1st, 2019, 7:00 pm

Pride Points are completely meaningless. The +/- signs next to the pride point amount are how you add or take away them. Give a pride point to someone for posting something you like, remove a pride point if it's something you dislike. But the numerical value, even if negative, doesn't mean anything and doesn't do anything either.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » April 2nd, 2019, 3:54 am

Pride Points function as a reputation system on MLK. While they do not have any effect on your (i.e. having a large number versus a negative number does not technically affect your account), your total may affect the way some members think about your posts. However, for lots of people, it's just a number without too much attachment.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby rachel » April 2nd, 2019, 12:20 pm

Oh. Ok. Thanks.
MAGA
rachel
MAGA

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Proud to say that Jesus is my Lord and Saivor

Nickname(s): Rachel, Lamb, Lamb the cat
Telegram: Don't have telegram
Pride Points: 1

Return to Feedback & How-To