[Feedback] Forum Reorganization

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Forum Reorganization

Postby Elton John » March 31st, 2018, 7:39 pm

things that could be added to the forum to make it awesome-er and stuff

-a water slide!
-an arcade with double dragon, pac man, and street fighter 2: the world warriors
-an ice cream bar
-a room with a coffee machine and sensible yet elegant decor
-the real simba
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Azdgari » April 2nd, 2018, 6:46 pm

Hi all. I've taken the first pass at consolidating the forum based on the draft earlier in this topic. This is a bit of a living, breathing transition, so please reach out with, most importantly, your feedback and input, but also to let me know if you have questions about where things should now be posted, or have found topics you believe are sorted incorrectly.

There is also now an archive of currently-dormant forums, 'The Elephant Graveyard', which is visible to members (not guests) but is locked to new posts. These are forums that generally had no activity for an extended amount of time. The exception is the birthday subforum; I think happy birthdays can now just be posted in the member lounge. Should demand for these forums resurge, we can bring them back into the forum (looking at you, Silly!)

If anything isn't working properly, please let me know so I can run away, cowering, from my mistakes!
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Panda-chan » April 2nd, 2018, 6:46 pm

Ew I hate it. I'm leaving this forum forever now, bye :cry:
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Re: [Feedback] Forum Reorganization

Postby FlipMode » April 3rd, 2018, 12:43 am

I like it. I can log in and see all the forums without even needing to scroll down.

For me it's just going to take a little bit of getting used to because we had the old layout for so long.
But I do prefer this new streamlined layout though.

On another note: I'm glad that others wanted to keep Personal issues board. I originally put the idea of the board to Moka as a dedicated place members can go and just type out personal stuff that's going on in their life. Some times even just getting stuff out of your head and written can help so I'm glad it's a thing people wanted to keep. :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » April 3rd, 2018, 12:45 am

The lack of scrolling through MLK is off-putting. :P

The only thing that I think needs to be done is to take the Community section and place it above the Kingdom. While I agree that on-topic discussions need to be high up, things like news/announcements and new member topics should be the first thing on the forums.

Or to think of it this way: Currently, the forum is organized with an off-topic, albeit important, section being sandwiched in between two on-topic sections. Solution? Bring it to the top!

Also, as a side note, The Community section is one that just about all forums have, and they all have it at the top as well. MLK would stand out, and I might argue not necessarily in a good way, if it's the only forum on the web to have the forum-wide news and announcements section be half way down the page.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » April 3rd, 2018, 4:04 am

Thanks for the feedback! DG, I tend to agree with you as far as putting the Community section on top--certainly how I've always seen it done. I tried placing the Kingdom on top based on some of the recommendations a few people made about Lion King forums being the first thing members see.

Unless anybody's strongly opposed, I'll probably put the Community back on top.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby FlipMode » April 3rd, 2018, 8:29 am

Yeah I mean I know it was my idea original to put TLK at the top but honestly I think it's fine either way since I and therefore I'm assuming others as well can still see both sections without needing to scroll down anyway. And announcements do also appear on the main site as well.

But yeah I think either way is fine :)
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Previous

Return to Feedback & How-To