In Regards to Recent Events...

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

In Regards to Recent Events...

Postby Kiana » June 16th, 2017, 9:43 pm

I know a lot of people have been leaving this site recently, so lots of things like Awards and whatnot have, well, died. Is there a need for any new staff? MOD's? I've been on this site well over a year, and now that I have faster internet I'm certainly going to be active everyday, so a question for Admins, Mods, Ect.,

Is there anything I could do to help out with the site?

I would be more than willing to host events or whatever else is needed. It would be an honor and privilege to do it, or at least be trained by members who know their time on here is limited. I want to see a future for the site, I really do, so if anyone could give feedback, it would be greatly appreciated!

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Re: In Regards to Recent Events...

Postby FlipMode » June 17th, 2017, 1:13 am

No there's no need for new staff. Why would you need more staff now there is less activity? That's part of what led to members leaving in the first place.
There's reasons why these forums are as inactive as they currently are and having new staff or brining back the awards won't change that now.

Same with the contests really. They died because of inactivity. Anyone who has tried to revive them in the past year or two has had the same problem with having to delay awards due to no entires or never getting any at all.
It's certainly nice of you to offer your free time to do it but ultimately it would just be a lost cause.
Your best bet is to continue to be active yourself and have fun interacting with the few who are still actively posting. Maybe things will pick up again and maybe they won't. But either way I don't think having more mods will help it, especially now they have basically all their moderation tools taken away anyway from what I understand of it.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Kiana » June 17th, 2017, 3:37 am

Okay, it makes sense. I do certainly hope more people become active, thank you!

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby WildSimba » July 1st, 2017, 10:48 pm

How did I just see this now lol. As you can see this site has been pretty inactive, and doesn't need any new staff members presently. It's been relatively dead recently. There hasn't really been much workload to moderate. lol
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby MalibuTrashDog » July 2nd, 2017, 6:45 am

Yeah MotM and Radio stopped despite my various attempts to revive it because

a. There is no activity.
b. People don't show up or post in the nomination threads so there are no contestants for voting and no songs to play/audience to listen.
c. No one cares anymore.

Like I'm here and I'd definitely start things back up again but unless activity picks up and we get a bunch of active members I don't see a reason to waste effort.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Return to Feedback & How-To