Forum gives general error when you include emojis in a post

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Forum gives general error when you include emojis in a post

Postby KopsTheTerminator » December 11th, 2016, 3:19 pm

http://i.imgur.com/IvIawIn.png

This is unacceptable. How will I spam the forum now? :dramaking:

For real though. This has happened to me in the past as well, not sure if anything can be done about it. :?
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Forum gives general error when you include emojis in a p

Postby Elton John » December 11th, 2016, 3:20 pm

I have gotten strange errors on this site before, nothing like that so far.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KopsTheTerminator » December 11th, 2016, 3:25 pm

I think it's because most people don't tend to include emojis in their posts that they don't know about this, I meant to make a post in The Den including a few emojis a few minutes ago and got firmly disciplined by this error. Serves me right. :lol:

It's nothing awful if it can't be fixed, but I've personally noticed it in the past as well. Should have mentioned this a long time ago tbh. :?
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » December 11th, 2016, 3:53 pm

Wow I just got that error :lol:
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FlipMode » December 11th, 2016, 8:18 pm

Yeah I got that when I tried to sue the thumbs up emoji. Maybe its because MLK knows that emojis are the worst thing ever.

FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Simbaholikov » December 11th, 2016, 8:49 pm

How did that lawsuit go Flip? Did it have a strong lawyer?

And yeah this has happened to me too.
Simbaholikov

Postby FlipMode » December 11th, 2016, 9:22 pm

[quote="Simbaholic"]How did that lawsuit go Flip? Did it have a strong lawyer?

And yeah this has happened to me too.[/quote]

FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Simbaholikov » December 11th, 2016, 9:28 pm

[quote="Flip_FTW"][quote="Simbaholic"]How did that lawsuit go Flip? Did it have a strong lawyer?

And yeah this has happened to me too.[/quote]

Image[/quote]

I take it didn't go well then? :lol2:
Simbaholikov

Postby Moka » December 12th, 2016, 7:00 am

Oh god, this ancient forum software could've never seen emojis coming.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Return to Feedback & How-To