Gender missing from user 'side profiles' in MLK Kisasa

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Gender missing from user 'side profiles' in MLK Kisasa

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 14th, 2016, 2:00 pm

This is something strange I've noticed about MLK Kisasa that I didn't notice before. To demonstrate:

Gender is missing from Kisasa's side profiles. Is this intentional? Because personally I think it's a bit more convenient to have that visible without going to someone's profile in order to know how to refer to them as.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Gender missing from user 'side profiles' in MLK Kisasa

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 14th, 2016, 2:11 pm

Never noticed this, probably just due to me only using Kisasa aha. I think it'd be good to have it too though, for the reason Kops pointed out.

Feel honoured to be your example ;)
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Carl » June 14th, 2016, 4:59 pm

Yeah I noticed that a long time ago and wondered about it too. It would definitely make things more convenient from time to time.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Tsuki » June 14th, 2016, 7:35 pm

I think it'll be a good idea :)
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Si-Amber » June 14th, 2016, 7:53 pm

On the subject of gender, is there the possibility of putting in an "other" or "non-binary" option, for those of us who don't identify as male or female? At the moment, I just don't have anything filled in as my gender, and it's not a problem, just wondered if the forum software only allows male and female options?
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby juhouh » June 14th, 2016, 8:15 pm

Support. It should be shown there
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Carl » June 14th, 2016, 8:20 pm

[quote="Si Targaryen"]On the subject of gender, is there the possibility of putting in an "other" or "non-binary" option, for those of us who don't identify as male or female? At the moment, I just don't have anything filled in as my gender, and it's not a problem, just wondered if the forum software only allows male and female options?[/quote]
I don't have an answer, just quoting to confirm that other members have brought this up to me in the past as well. This option would be appreciated by them, if it's not too much trouble.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 14th, 2016, 8:28 pm

^ That's a good option for agenders as well, yes.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Regulus » June 14th, 2016, 8:34 pm

[quote="Si Targaryen"]On the subject of gender, is there the possibility of putting in an "other" or "non-binary" option, for those of us who don't identify as male or female? At the moment, I just don't have anything filled in as my gender, and it's not a problem, just wondered if the forum software only allows male and female options?[/quote]

If we're gonna do that, it may make more sense to just make it a text field rather than a drop-down list.

I promise I won't abuse the system and change my gender to something like "Toaster Oven" if given the opportunity.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby FireAndSun » June 15th, 2016, 10:25 am

Yes, this would be very beneficial for someone like me.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To