Slow loading and a problem with the chat

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Slow loading and a problem with the chat

Postby FlipMode » June 13th, 2016, 8:42 pm

Okay I know that it's definitely not just me who has been experiencing this so I thought it could do with a thread to make sure the staff, especially Moka, are aware of it.

Basically for a little while now MLK seems to be loading really slowly at times. Like you can browse a bit and it'll be fine and then it just sort of stops working. To a point where you have to actually leave it entirely for a bit and try again soon after to get it to actually load back up. So yeah, it either doesn't work or is just so slow that its almost not worth bothering with anyway.
But the problem is that it seems to be getting more frequent lately. Simbaholic and a couple of others have also mentioned this has been more of a problem for them recently than it ever was before.

And another thing is that it also makes the chat not exactly great, because the site can just stop working at a moment's notice, you won't see new messages that are posted as its unable to refresh, so it just looks like the conversation has died. And you also won't be able to send any new messages yourself until you refresh. So you have to keep copying all of your messages in case they suddenly don't send and you need to manually reload otherwise you lose the message you wrote.

And while I'm moaning about the chat, its not on the Index page on the Kisasa theme but apparently is on the classic theme.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Slow loading and a problem with the chat

Postby KingKivuli » June 13th, 2016, 9:15 pm

We are aware of the currently chat issues, we are looking to get it sorted once we pin down Moka, all I ask is a little patience :)
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Return to Feedback & How-To