Thread for the Timon and Pumbaa series?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Thread for the Timon and Pumbaa series?

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 15th, 2015, 9:06 am

Hey, I just thought I'd bring up the fact that the Timon and Pumbaa series doesn't have a thread. Since The Lion Guard does, shouldn't Timon and Pumbaa?
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Re: Thread for the Timon and Pumbaa series?

Postby Squeely » December 15th, 2015, 12:08 pm

Of course it should have its own thread! I suppose it does make some sense that this show gets so little attention. It aired before the Internet had really taken off, so unlike TLG, there was little to no fan discussion about it, thus word being spread about the T&P show was/is limited. With how far it strays from TLK, it's easy to see why a good portion of TLK fans don't like the show that much. With humans being so prominent, animals pulling whatever they need out of thin air (we're talking entire refrigerators, for example), and other things of that nature, there's no way that the show could be considered canon in the slightest. So there's no incentive for anyone who dislikes the show to watch it, furthering its lack of popularity. Another nail in the coffin is that any TLK fans born in the mid-90s and later will have been too young to remember much about the show, if they were around for it at all.

I enjoy the show, though. I grew up on Looney Tunes and it's basically that with TLK characters. If you enjoy Looney-Tunes-style humor and take the show as a fun little diversion, it's pretty enjoyable. And it's nice to get to spend more time with the TLK characters, even in a non-canon environment. Bit of a shame that we see non-T&P TLK characters so rarely, though. Would have loved more hyena segments and especially more Simba!
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Elton John » December 15th, 2015, 12:52 pm

I haven't seen the show in years. All I remember is not enjoying it very much when I did see it. It hasn't gotten an official dvd release so I doubt I ever will rewatch it.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 15th, 2015, 2:50 pm

I think it did get some DVD releases...btw, Elton John, I know it's offtopic, but where did you get the idea for the Ironman Nala avatar?

Also, I agree, Squeely. The hyena segments were always the best part and makes me wonder why this show wasn't about them as well. :lol:
BrianGriffinFan

Postby Elton John » December 15th, 2015, 3:23 pm

It's part of an image i comissioned on da.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Timon the great » December 15th, 2015, 9:29 pm

Concerning this topic's subject, you may want to take a look at this post that this site's / forum's owner, Moka, has said about this when another member brought this up a while back: viewtopic.php?p=992202#p992202
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby HasiraKali » December 16th, 2015, 2:36 am

I recently watched a few episodes of this, the Christmas one specifically, and was surprised at how much I laughed. I remember not really enjoying it all that much when it first aired, but I laughed.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 17th, 2015, 12:26 am

Considering that The Lion Guard has been aanouncrd since this was last discussed back in 2013, I think it has more reason to have a thread now.

It's disliked on this board? Well, so is the midquel, so I don't see much of a problem.
BrianGriffinFan

Postby Timon the great » December 17th, 2015, 6:22 am

^ I don't think everyone dislikes this series because it was simply funny to them who like it.

Lion King 1 1/2 itself respects the film universe more and it's officially as much as part of the film franchise just like SP is because it is an LK film. And more people on this forum have said that they like 1 1/2 more than the T & P show and I understand why. Take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=34725
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 18th, 2015, 2:48 am

OK, but my main argument is that since The Lion Guard, a TV series based on the movies, has a thread, it makes sense that all LK based TV series should get threads.
BrianGriffinFan

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To