Signatures

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Signatures

Postby FloraTheDarkFaerie » December 21st, 2010, 11:23 pm

[quote="SuperBabySimba"]

[quote="KiaraKovu"]keep randomly changing the rules, and im afraid that you might start driving people away :/[/quote]

This wasn't a random change. There is a valid and perfectly sensible reason for this. And if it's the signatures people are here for instead of discussion TLK and enjoying the company of other fans, then I think they should reconsider their values.[/quote]

and you my friend have totally missed MY point *rolls eyes* Ive been admining various sites for at least 5 years now, I think i know what im saying when I tell you this. I did not mean that people were here for the signatures, but merely that they express who they are to other members of the forum through them. The does not incinuate in any way that they are only here for the signature. They clearly joined the forum to chat with other fans and make friends, but a signature is how they can personify thier membership. Like how people wear different clothes and fashions to show off thier personalities.
[b]“I know what it's like to be cast out, to not be believed in. To long for a family.
All those years in the shadows I thought, no one knows what this feels like!
But now I see I was wrong. You don’t have to be alone Jack, I believe in you.”
-
FloraTheDarkFaerie
Not online much anymore.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

life drama and generally being busy.

Nickname(s): FDF, FloraLioness, KiaraKovu (K&K, Flora, Fae)
Pride Points: 33

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 21st, 2010, 11:26 pm

^ this.

By reducing the sig size so dramatically, you're reducing the members' ability to "dress" their forum presence. And I meant beside the fact that my sig exceeds the new limits Moka, what justifies them in relation to my sig?

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby WildSimba » December 21st, 2010, 11:27 pm

[quote="SuperBabySimba"][quote="SnowyCheetah"]Also, there's a third option. It's called ENFORCING THE RULE WE HAD! Unless this rule is going to be treated like the last one was, in which case there's no problem because we can all have our sigs as big as we want anyways. :3[/quote]

You seem to miss the point. This change of rule isn't meant to be a punishment on anyone. It's for the good of the entire forum's purpose and the enjoyment of as many people as possible withouth prohibiting signatures completely.

[quote="KiaraKovu"]keep randomly changing the rules, and im afraid that you might start driving people away :/[/quote]

This wasn't a random change. There is a valid and perfectly sensible reason for this. And if it's the signatures people are here for instead of discussion TLK and enjoying the company of other fans, then I think they should reconsider their values.[/quote]

How do you know? Are you a mod? :roll:
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 21st, 2010, 11:29 pm

I say we have a vote; otherwise, just look at how many people support the new rule, and how many people are vehemently opposing it.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Moka » December 21st, 2010, 11:31 pm

We can't vote on accessibility issues, Snowy.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 21st, 2010, 11:33 pm

Then at least give us some HEIGHT! maybe like 400px. or 350. Surely no one with a 3209472370497234097230497234-year old tiny-screened computer, or a netbook (which is not intended for full computer use such as forum-browsing) is going to die when they have to scroll through that many pixels between posts.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby WildSimba » December 21st, 2010, 11:35 pm

[quote="Moka"]We can't vote on accessibility issues, Snowy.[/quote]

Not that's you can't, you just don't want too. >.>

Seriously, what would be the harm in getting some members opinions, before making such a drastic change? Believe it or not, us members are what make up your forum, not your Mods. :) If we weren't here, then what would this forum be?
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 21st, 2010, 11:35 pm

^ truth.

What's next Moka, 35x35 avatars?

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby KopsTheTerminator » December 21st, 2010, 11:37 pm

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]Then at least give us some HEIGHT! maybe like 400px. or 350. Surely no one with a 3209472370497234097230497234-year old tiny-screened computer, or a netbook (which is not intended for full computer use such as forum-browsing) is going to die when they have to scroll through that many pixels between posts.[/quote]

I'm actually using a netbook.. It's not all that different than my regular computer. xD

I personally agree with everyone else; that's ridiculously small. I think the old size limits were enough, if people are having difficulties with sigs they should just disable them. Or, like Sno said, have a poll.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby SuperBabySimba » December 21st, 2010, 11:37 pm

"At least give us some HEIGHT". It's the height exactly that's the most crucial, so that's exactly what shouldn't be given.

WildSimba, I know this wasn't a random change because the mods have literally reasoned the change in this topic with very valid reasoning. Plus, I (was one of those who) discussed this change with Moka some time ago.

[quote="KiaraKovu"][quote="SuperBabySimba"]

and you my friend have totally missed MY point *rolls eyes* Ive been admining various sites for at least 5 years now, I think i know what im saying when I tell you this. I did not mean that people were here for the signatures, but merely that they express who they are to other members of the forum through them. The does not incinuate in any way that they are only here for the signature. They clearly joined the forum to chat with other fans and make friends, but a signature is how they can personify thier membership. Like how people wear different clothes and fashions to show off thier personalities.[/quote]

Sorry that I misunderstood your point. But still, you implied that this change was a random one though it wasn't. Besides, people can still express and be personal with the signatures within the new size limit. They coudl be that even if a forum didn't allow images in them at all.

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]By reducing the sig size so dramatically, you're reducing the members' ability to "dress" their forum presence.[/quote]

But you can still "dress" it. Besides, on a discussion forum the presence ought to first and foremost come by the written content without a need to "dress" it into tons of colourful graphic.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To