Signatures

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Signatures

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 21st, 2010, 10:57 pm

^ that's your opinion.

Also, there's a third option. It's called ENFORCING THE RULE WE HAD! Unless this rule is going to be treated like the last one was, in which case there's no problem because we can all have our sigs as big as we want anyways. :3

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Moka » December 21st, 2010, 11:05 pm

[quote="Amanda"]The new maximum sig dimensions are way too small imo. I don't get what was wrong with the old rules at all. If people were breaking those rules, shouldn't they be punished and not us? If some of their sigs were "distracting", why don't those people get warnings instead of making the rest of us suffer? :roll:[/quote]

When did I say people were breaking the rules? People were following the rules, but the rules were too lenient, which resulted in gigantic, distracting signatures.

[quote="Amanda"]Also, what about next Christmas when people will want to display multiple sigs made by Secret Santas/friends to not make them feel bad...?[/quote]

Uhh... sig rotator?

[quote="Amanda"]Don't say we should shrink them because that usually reduces their quality (I've already shrunk my two Kiara sigs by a great deal and they look many times worse than they did originally).[/quote]

Yes, shrinking your existing signatures will reduce their quality. Shrinking the size of wallpapers shrinks their quality as well. With the new signature rules, graphic artists will simply adapt and make beautiful signatures geared towards the new dimensions.

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]Also I'd like to point out that using the fact that other forums have even stricter rules for sigs, or disallow them completely, is not a valid argument to justify this new rule. It just means we're sinking to the level of the admins on those other sites who are too big a jerks to let people put a reasonable amount of what they want to down there.[/quote]

I don't think that's fair. Admins try to find a happy medium for signature size limits. Just because I took some advice from other administrators doesn't mean they're jerks or that I "sunk to their level." Some people have smaller screen resolutions and I don't think it's fair for them to have to see giant signatures that practically take up their entire screen. Think about it - a signature the size of 700x500 (our previous limit) takes up more than 70% of a screen with 800x600 resolution, which not only stretches out the forum and makes it unusable, but annoying to have to scroll through 500 pixels of signatures just to see the post each time. And yes I've gotten complaints. And don't say that they should disable signatures. I think we all can make a small sacrifice so that the forum can be enjoyed by all.

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]Also, there's a third option. It's called ENFORCING THE RULE WE HAD! Unless this rule is going to be treated like the last one was, in which case there's no problem because we can all have our sigs as big as we want anyways. :3[/quote]

Please stop making the same argument 5 times in a row. This was my reply the first time you said that:

[quote="Moka"]None of the staff have noticed members whose sigs exceeded the previous limits. If you saw people exceeding those limits then you should have reported them - and not complain later on that nothing was done about it. [/quote]
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby FloraTheDarkFaerie » December 21st, 2010, 11:11 pm

*sighs* all this fuss over a signature. see what youve done Moka? I have no troubles with the new rule of course, but being a peacemaker myself im just saying. People are members of your site because they want to be. therefore surely its only common courtesy to let them expresss themselves through thier signatures? keep randomly changing the rules, and im afraid that you might start driving people away...
Last edited by FloraTheDarkFaerie on December 21st, 2010, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]“I know what it's like to be cast out, to not be believed in. To long for a family.
All those years in the shadows I thought, no one knows what this feels like!
But now I see I was wrong. You don’t have to be alone Jack, I believe in you.”
-
FloraTheDarkFaerie
Not online much anymore.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

life drama and generally being busy.

Nickname(s): FDF, FloraLioness, KiaraKovu (K&K, Flora, Fae)
Pride Points: 33

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 21st, 2010, 11:12 pm

^ you heard it here first, folks!

Well, graphic artists, enjoy resizing your freebies (which we spent a lot of time on), and your new lower-quality, smaller sigs. *goes to resize his*

We could have at least had a vote. :(

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby SuperBabySimba » December 21st, 2010, 11:13 pm

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]Also, there's a third option. It's called ENFORCING THE RULE WE HAD! Unless this rule is going to be treated like the last one was, in which case there's no problem because we can all have our sigs as big as we want anyways. :3[/quote]

You seem to miss the point. This change of rule isn't meant to be a punishment on anyone. It's for the good of the entire forum's purpose and the enjoyment of as many people as possible withouth prohibiting signatures completely.

[quote="KiaraKovu"]keep randomly changing the rules, and im afraid that you might start driving people away :/[/quote]

This wasn't a random change. There is a valid and perfectly sensible reason for this. And if it's the signatures people are here for instead of discussion TLK and enjoying the company of other fans, then I think they should reconsider their values.
Last edited by SuperBabySimba on December 21st, 2010, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 21st, 2010, 11:14 pm

Hell of a 'compromise'

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Moka » December 21st, 2010, 11:19 pm

The last time rules were changed were on July 18th...we don't change the rules very often. People can still express themselves greatly with the current signature rules and believe or not - rules do need changing. The constitution of the USA has been amended many times because of this. If you're unhappy that rules need changing and amending in this world then you're going to be unhappy everywhere >.<
Moka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 21st, 2010, 11:20 pm

Wow, a whole 575x275 to put a pic, some links, a userbar, maybe even some mood buttons!
but it has to be one at a time

Tell me Moka, what's wrong with my current sig as it is?

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Moka » December 21st, 2010, 11:22 pm

It exceeds the signature rules. That's what's wrong with it.
Moka

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 21st, 2010, 11:22 pm

Other than that?

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To