Your Profile

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Your Profile

Postby Moka » June 27th, 2008, 4:02 am

This topic provides information on how to edit your profile as well as what each profile field is for.

Your profile is a great way for members of the MLKForum to get to know you better and more personally! Its important to give as much information that you feel comfortable giving so that the members of MLKF get to know you better!

VIEWING YOUR PROFILE
Your profile can be viewed anytime you click on your username, or if you're viewing a topic, click your own username or avatar on the left side. You will be taken to a page that is all about you! It tells you and everyone else: your avatar, signature, join date, last visited, total posts, and where you are active. It also tells you your "Location", your age (if you allow it), "Occupation", Interests, Website (if you have one), Gender, and more. This page also provides contact links such as email and PM. The board itself never shares your email with any other member. If a member of this board wishes to email you, they'll be put through to you by the board, never unveiling your contact information.

EDITING YOUR PROFILE
To edit your profile, click on the link "User Control Panel" to the right of the banner at the top of each page. It should be the lowest link on that list. If it is not there, you are either not registered or not logged in! This will take you to the User Control Panel. In the User Control Panel [UCP], you can edit virtually all of your settings. In this topic I will only explain how to edit your profile, and information about each field.

In the UCP front page, you'll see some information about yourself as well as some announcements of the MLKF. To begin editing your profile, click on "Profile" in the navigation links to the left side. There, you may see some fields that have been filled in already. You may have done this during registration, or you may have edited your profile before.

The first profile fields, (ICQ number, AOL Instant Messenger, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Jabber address), are all fields to list your usernames in various IM programs. If you have any of these programs installed, and would like to share your username with the other members of the board, list them in these fields.

The next field is your Website. If you have a website that you would like to share with the members of MLKF, post it's full URL here. (Copy and paste the home page from your browser's address bar. It should look like this: http://www.example.com/, or something similar.) For more exposure of your website, be sure to post it in the Links Forum.

The next field is your "Location". Many members enter things like "The Pridelands", or "Timon's Meerkat Burrow", which is perfectly acceptable and welcomed. If you feel comfortable, enter your location in the world. I live in Wisconsin, so I put "Wisconsin, USA."

The next field is called "Occupation". I left this blank, but feel free to put anything you wish. From "Pizza Maker" to "Grub Catcher" and more.

The next field is labeled "Interests". In this field you may put what interests you. Everyone should have "The Lion King" in this field! lol! But you may leave it blank or put your interests.

The next field is your birthday. If you feel comfortable, put your birth date so we may wish you a happy birthday each year! The year is important - but not necessary - for listing your age below your avatar in topics. Its all up to you how much information you wish to give!

Next field is for selecting your gender if you want to. The default value is "Undisclosed". If you wish to leave this "blank", just leave it as it is.

The next field is your favorite movie from the series. The default value is "Undecided", but if you are decided (it's so hard to choose!), select your favorite movie, and it will appear on your profile.

The next field is Your Custom Text. The text you enter here, although it says so, doesn't show up in topics yet. I'm still attempting to work through this little bug, but when I fix it the text you enter here will appear in topics below your avatar.

There are a few more fields afterward that you can fill out if you wish. They all have descriptions that you can read to get a better understanding.

And that's it for your profile! Please notice, when you clicked on "Profile", some new links appeared under the "Profile" section on the left side. The links are: "Edit profile" (which you just spent the last few minutes doing), "Edit signature", "Edit avatar", and "Edit account settings". These links direct you to even more customization of your profile.

Please select an avatar! This little image helps users know who you are. Its important to have one! If you don't have one from other forums, please look in the Avatar Gallery and select one from one of the categories. (Categories selectable through the drop down menu above the huge list of avatars. If you just clicked that link, many images should be loading, and it should say "Category: Assortments ... Go button" So check out the other categories. Many more avatars will be added soon. Check the announcements for news on more avatars.

Read this topic for more information on Avatars.

SIGNATURES
What are signatures? Well, signatures are a fancy way of writing your name...oh wait. Let's start over. Forum signatures are simply defined as a block of text and/or images that succeeds (follows) each of your posts in a topic.

Read this topic for more information on Signatures.

BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS...
Before asking questions, read over these FAQs concerning Preferences & Settings:

If you've read the topic, and looked through the FAQs, yet still have questions, please reply in this topic.

Last edited by Moka - July 1st, 2010
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 139

Re: Your Profile

Postby Moka » December 14th, 2010, 7:14 am

A new custom profile field has been added: Wiki User Page. It appears under MLKFAA Album. Link to your Wiki User Page! e.g. http://www.mylionking.com/wiki/User:Moka
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 139

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 14th, 2010, 8:09 am

Awesome :) adding mine now, though I haven't yet really added anything to the Wiki so I would expect my page to be rather... empty.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 24

Postby Thegeni99 » February 20th, 2011, 5:38 am

I have one question and I'm guessing Moka is doing the Nightly Backups or wutever, I have a new E-mail account how can I possibly change it? help!
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

M.I.A. MLK User

Nickname(s): Gen, TG99, Aitama
Pride Points: 69

Postby Nakisisa » February 20th, 2011, 5:55 am

UCP --> Profile --> Edit Settings (Or something similar [last option on the bar to the left above the friend list]) --> change the email field
I'm Back :D
Nakisisa
What to Make my Title?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

What a feeling, When we're dancing on the ceiling

Nickname(s): Naki, Dubes, Josh, J, NK, Shadow
Pride Points: 4

Postby Thegeni99 » February 20th, 2011, 6:33 am

ty!ty!ty!! :)
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

M.I.A. MLK User

Postby TheLionQueen » April 30th, 2011, 2:28 am

Yay
TheLionQueen

Nickname(s): Rachel or TLQ
Pride Points: 33

Postby Thegeni99 » April 30th, 2011, 2:33 am

^ that was two months after joining
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

M.I.A. MLK User

Postby TheLionQueen » May 3rd, 2011, 11:51 pm

Question What is a warning level and what does it mean if I have a warning level of [1] :?
TheLionQueen

Nickname(s): Rachel or TLQ
Pride Points: 33

Postby FlipMode » May 4th, 2011, 12:00 am

TheLionQueen wrote:Question What is a warning level and what does it mean if I have a warning level of [1] :?

A warning is issued when you break the general offence rules or repeated minor offences. Warning level of 1 means that you are currently on your first warning.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 264

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To