I don't get how the moderator system works

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

I don't get how the moderator system works

Postby nalasimba83 » September 25th, 2013, 3:43 am

Ok,not to be mean.I just want to confirm that i am not being mean.This isn't offensive or pointing a direction towards anyone.And since i said like a million times,that i am NOT trying to be mean,I request that i don't receive any offensive or sassy comments. So if i double post accidentally, i get like a million people shouting at me...And that was when I was new. :( Mlk was my first forum,so i never saw the forum rules.And then i posted like something about justin beiber,like why do people hate him so much,then i get like a reply saying that if i really wanted to know, i should click some link a mod sent me.And that's another question.Are we like supposed to go through every thread making sure that it is not related to ours?And the link that the moderator sent me,was not even what i was talking about.It was comparing justin beiber and rebecca black,while i was plainly talking AbOUT justin beiber.And why do these topics get locked?What's the purpose?Can't we edit it to make it something different,instead of locking it.Locking it,just makes it so that people don't reply.I run a forum now,and i hired a few mods(i still need more!)to just moderate.They went locking some people's topics that were related to someone else's.The people that posted the stuff left the forum and requested us to discard their account,and that the moderators are really stupid.So, i dont lock, i either remove or make them modify it.And please don't give me back some comments like-well how can i explain it?Maybe some comments with attitude or something like that.All i asked was for people to answer my questions.

All signatures created by me :3
Itachi and Gin forever!
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Re: I don't get how the moderator system works

Postby AdAstrα » September 25th, 2013, 8:33 am

Yes, you're supposed to look through old topics to make sure the one you want to post doesn't already exist. If it happens once or twice it's no big deal, there are always people around to point you in the right direction. But if it happens frequently it gets annoying.

If you look at the topic I linked you I think you'll find that it was a discussion of the two singers. No one was really comparing them to one another. And for that reason I thought it was unnecessary to have a JB topic when people had already discussed him in there, if you know what I mean?

I think I also mentioned that you need to pay more attention to where you post. A lot of your topics end seem to end up in the wrong sections.

Oh, and double posting is no big deal either if it happens by accident, but deliberate double posting is actually against forum rules. Which, by the way, you should definitely read if you haven't already.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby FlipMode » September 25th, 2013, 10:44 am

No offence but if everyone went around re-posting existing threads, then it would be a pretty boring place wouldn't it?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby SophieCub » September 25th, 2013, 11:35 am

Lol, why run a forum of your own with mods if you don't know what their job is. Kinda silly ..
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby FlipMode » September 25th, 2013, 5:44 pm

[quote="SophieCub"]Lol, why run a forum of your own with mods if you don't know what their job is. Kinda silly ..[/quote]

Bit harsh. They were quite obviously referring to the moderator system on this forum specifically, not as a general term. Not every forum has the same set of rules, some prefer that you start duplicate topics if the previous one hasn't been posted in for X amount of time.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » September 25th, 2013, 7:32 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]
Bit harsh. They were quite obviously referring to the moderator system on this forum specifically, not as a general term. Not every forum has the same set of rules, some prefer that you start duplicate topics if the previous one hasn't been posted in for X amount of time.[/quote]

Which, ironically enough, is how MLK works. At the very least, I know for a fact that for a significant amount of time, it sued to be here that if a topic wasn't posted on for some 3 months, then it's acceptable to restart it in the form of a duplicate topic.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby InsaneSeagull » September 25th, 2013, 8:15 pm

There are some rules this forum obeys. Ironically, this forum is even one of less strict I've been on, usually rules are much harsher.

All AdAstra wanted was to make forum clean, which is her and other staff's job. Double posts and topics are pointless. It's OK if you hadn't seen the other topic, it happens to each of us, it happened to me million times. But that isn't something to complain about. You made a mistake, OK, we continue with our lives. No one meant anything bad about you in particular for that. It was just pointed out.
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Return to Feedback & How-To