Groups

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Groups

Postby Moka » December 7th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Some of you may have noticed the "Legend" down at the bottom (where it shows groups like Administrators, Global moderators, etc) has changed. I added 2 new open groups to it: "Fan Artists" and "Role Players". I'm trying to figure out how members can join these groups without an admin adding them, but I can't seem to figure it out. :innocent:

If someone does figure it out, members of MLK can join these groups if they want to. The benefit of being in a group is that you get to know who else is in the group, and you get newsletters from the group (if the group leader(s) send them out). Another benefit of joining is you will get to see a hidden forum for that group only (if one is made). Its just an option that the forum allows us to choose if we want to. We're still a small community here, but I think we might be ready to start using these groups.

I don't really see many more benefits of groups other than other members get to know what you do here at MLK. Do you guys like these little groups or are they kinda pointless? :ehh2:
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Groups

Postby Zeke » December 7th, 2008, 10:44 pm

I think its kinda cool, so if someone has questions, they could just ask someone from a respective group.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 18

Postby Moka » December 7th, 2008, 10:45 pm

Yep or the group leader. They'd ask them about the features of MLK, it'd be easy to see who to ask.
Moka

Postby Zeke » December 7th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Exactly
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Postby NightmareMoon » December 7th, 2008, 11:52 pm

I think it would be cool to have
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

The night... will last.... FOREVER!!

Nickname(s): NM, Jamie
Pride Points: 19

Postby Moka » December 8th, 2008, 9:26 am

I made NM a role player by request. I don't want to just *add* people to the group, so you can PM me or ask me here to be in a group. This is only temporary because I wanna figure out how members can join by themselves.
Moka

Postby NightmareMoon » December 8th, 2008, 9:29 am

Would my profiles color change to dark brown or no? I can't see a difference yet.
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

Postby Moka » December 8th, 2008, 9:34 am

I don't have colors for them, because someone might be a Role Player and a Fan Artist and then they'd have to choose which one is more predominant, and that'd be kinda confusing.
Moka

Postby Moka » December 8th, 2008, 11:11 pm

OK I FIXED IT! lol

Go to your UCP and you will find a new category called "Usergroups"

Now you can freely join "Fan Artists" and "Role Players" :)

Colors might not be a bad idea, because members can choose their "default usergroup" and then people would know what skills they have.

What colors should we use? :P
Moka

Postby NightmareMoon » December 9th, 2008, 12:31 am

Blue for Role players!
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To