What in the name of all things good is this?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

What in the name of all things good is this?

Postby FlipMode » May 6th, 2013, 12:13 am

Is it still safe to be here?
Why does it only appear on certain pages?
Why is a building called a building if it is already built?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: What in the name of all things good is this?

Postby Regulus » May 6th, 2013, 12:26 am

I think I know what it is. The warning only shows up on some pages, because the warning is not for MLK. The warning is for the awakened.comze.com

Arani's avvie was being hosted on that site, so when pages with her posts were being loaded, it gave you that warning (doesn't happen in firefox, btw).

So, what I've done, is I've moved Arani's avvie directly to the MLK server. That should clear up the issue.

I'm pretty sure there was nothing to be concerned about though.

As for your third question, no idea.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby FlipMode » May 6th, 2013, 12:29 am

Hmmm yeah? Probably should have mentioned I got this when visiting a thread in The Den, but I wanted to get it cleared up before I went anywhere else.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Moka » May 6th, 2013, 12:34 am

Oh. Interesting.

At first I thought it was the advertisements loading content from awakened.comze.com, so I disabled them. I'm just going to keep them disabled. They're annoying.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » May 6th, 2013, 12:38 am

[quote="Moka"]Oh. Interesting.

At first I thought it was the advertisements loading content from awakened.comze.com, so I disabled them. I'm just going to keep them disabled. They're annoying.[/quote]

Don't think so, the ads are on the home page right? I got this when browsing The Den on the forum.
EDIT - the page works now, I think Regulus did indeed fix the problem. Feel free to lock the thread.
FlipMode

Postby Moka » May 6th, 2013, 1:00 am

I know, but you didn't say that in the first post, so I immediately thought of the advertisements bringing in nasty stuff. It'd be ironic though because Chrome, made by Google, would be catching problems caused by a Google service, lol.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » May 6th, 2013, 1:22 am

There are several members who have their various graphics hosted on there. In terms of who can get infected, I don't think we need to worry about it, unless viruses will start transferring themselves even if you are simply seeing an image that sits on an infected website. That being said, clicking to unlock the many pages on MLK that are blocked automatically gets very annoying very quickly.

Of course, I run Linux, so my chances of getting infected are about 0.00000001%, even if MLK itself was infected. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby Arani » May 8th, 2013, 7:55 am

Oh! I didn't know my Avvie was being hosted there. @_@ I'm sorry for causing this guys! x) *hides in a corner*
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Shadowfax » May 10th, 2013, 7:52 pm

Im glad it wasn't just me getting that pop up! I thought I had a virus at first :lol:
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Return to Feedback & How-To