Pride Point Problem

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Pride Point Problem

Postby TheLionPrince » January 11th, 2013, 1:38 am

Hey, I have some minor problem with the number of Pride Points I have. Biomac92, Wolf Song, and PrincessKiara gave me one each this month, last December, and last November, but they weren't added onto me. I know because I checked my User Control Panel once a week. However, some were added when Woeler and Zoketi gave me one each last month.

So, what's going on?
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Re: Pride Point Problem

Postby Regulus » January 11th, 2013, 12:22 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Biomac92, Wolf Song, and PrincessKiara gave me one each this month, last December, and last November, but they weren't added onto me.[/quote]

I can't find any evidence of that. My initial thought is that it never happened, or something happened and the PPs were removed.

By default, you should get a PM whenever a user increases or decreases your PPs. If you have the messages, it will be much easier to track down the underlying problem.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby TheLionPrince » January 11th, 2013, 7:42 pm

[quote="Regulus"][quote="TheLionPrince"]Biomac92, Wolf Song, and PrincessKiara gave me one each this month, last December, and last November, but they weren't added onto me.[/quote]

I can't find any evidence of that. My initial thought is that it never happened, or something happened and the PPs were removed.

By default, you should get a PM whenever a user increases or decreases your PPs. If you have the messages, it will be much easier to track down the underlying problem.[/quote]

They did contribute a Pride Point to me, and I do still have the messages. I will allow you to look into my account to prove it even though it's against MLK rules. But thanks anyway, Regulus!
TheLionPrince

Postby Regulus » January 11th, 2013, 9:30 pm

You could just forward me the messages, or tell me the date and time that they were received. No need to make this any more complicated than it already is. :P
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby TheLionPrince » January 11th, 2013, 9:46 pm

Ok fine. Just don't trick me like an idiot.
TheLionPrince

Postby Regulus » January 11th, 2013, 9:52 pm

How would I be tricking you?

I just need to know when this was so I can look for it in the karma log.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby TheLionPrince » January 11th, 2013, 10:24 pm

[quote="Regulus"]How would I be tricking you?

I just need to know when this was so I can look for it in the karma log.[/quote]

It's a typo. I meant "treating". You make me feel dumb for some reason. Okay. I'll give you the dates.
TheLionPrince

Postby Regulus » January 11th, 2013, 10:49 pm

I'll explain everything here for those who may also have this problem.

Whenever you give someone a Pride Point, the board automatically sends a message to the receiver of the point.

If the receiver of the Pride Point replies to that automatic message, that message goes back to the sender. In that case, the message will still say this:

Re: Someone has given you a Pride Point! [Automatic Message]

If you send someone a Pride Point, and later receive a message from the person with that title, that means they are replying to the message you automatically sent them. It does not necessarily mean that they sent you a Pride Point as well.

If the person did in fact send you a Pride Point, the Re: would not exist in the message title, because the message you receive isn't a reply.

If you wish to give someone a Pride Point, the only way to do it is by clicking on the respective link. Replying to an automatic message does not give the user a Pride Point.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Return to Feedback & How-To