MLK Book Club

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: MLK Book Club

Postby Moka » January 9th, 2013, 12:22 am

I'd be up for this, actually. I tend to read science-y things but would spice it up a bit and broaden my horizons. :3
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby DGFone » January 9th, 2013, 12:41 am

What if we allow short stories in?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » January 9th, 2013, 12:51 am

[quote="FlipMode"]
[quote="Regulus"]I might be interested. Sorta.[/quote]

Elaborate. Feedback is welcome if this is going to work =) I feel you are coming along the lines of "depend what we are reading and how much time I have free." Still, 20 minutes a day or so.. Read while listening to music or watching TV if it helps or with a cup of tea on break =D there are plenty of opportunities in a day to read a few quick pages I think.[/quote]

If there's something everyone is going to be reading, I'm at least going to check it out as well. I just can't make any promises that I'll like what it is, or even finish reading it. Conversely, if it's something I really like, I'll be done in a day or two, and it will be very difficult not to spoil it for everyone else. :P
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby FlipMode » January 9th, 2013, 1:09 am

[quote="DGFone"]What if we allow short stories in?[/quote]
You can nominate any book. I can't make it any simpler, or fairer than that. Could be a short 100+ page quick read with large print size that could be read in hours, or a novel bigger than my head (Shantaram, over 1500+ pages).

[quote="Regulus"][quote="FlipMode"]
[quote="Regulus"]I might be interested. Sorta.[/quote]

Elaborate. Feedback is welcome if this is going to work =) I feel you are coming along the lines of "depend what we are reading and how much time I have free." Still, 20 minutes a day or so.. Read while listening to music or watching TV if it helps or with a cup of tea on break =D there are plenty of opportunities in a day to read a few quick pages I think.[/quote]

If there's something everyone is going to be reading, I'm at least going to check it out as well. I just can't make any promises that I'll like what it is, or even finish reading it. Conversely, if it's something I really like, I'll be done in a day or two, and it will be very difficult not to spoil it for everyone else. :P[/quote]

For all intents and purposes, posts would be in spoiler tags every time with the page number I.E

Page 52
Spoiler: show
OMG I LOVE THE BIT WHERE HE DIED

Page 127
Spoiler: show
Nothing to see hidden here, move on

That way you'd end up not spoiling it for those not that far yet =P
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby FlipMode » January 9th, 2013, 11:47 pm

Starts Friday dudes! Will make a thread in the Books And Lit forum this Friday for people to nominate books, then we'll have a vote shortly after that!
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Woeler » January 9th, 2013, 11:48 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Starts Friday dudes! Will make a thread in the Books And Lit forum this Friday for people to nominate books, then we'll have a vote shortly after that![/quote]
You should ask for a sticky topic.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby OuRaion » January 9th, 2013, 11:49 pm

On second thought, I might not join this.

Have fun!
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby FlipMode » January 9th, 2013, 11:54 pm

Woeler; I don't tell you how to live your life!!!!!!

Lol yeah probably will man, not that it has any danger of disappearing in the books section lol that place barely gets a post a week XD

OuRaion; okay but remember you can jump in at any time as its completely open so you're free to join in whenever, I won't sue you and there's no contract lol it's just reading and talking :P
FlipMode

Postby Regulus » January 10th, 2013, 12:29 am

I'll sticky it once you put it up.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby TheLionPrince » January 10th, 2013, 1:01 am

I'm interested in it, but with the second semester of college coming up, I might not finish the book.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To