Proxies

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Proxies

Postby wolfishgirl » October 17th, 2012, 11:30 pm

[quote="Banana"][quote="DGFone"]Remember that being an idiot is not a banable offence on MLK.[/quote]
this is a new rule that really needs to be implemented :roll:
Woeler, it seems to me the only reason you are for banning proxies is to get certain "suspicious" accounts (aka me) here banned. I'm not stupid. You are trying to get me off this website because I'm the only one around here who you see as a threat to your promotion. :P Nice try, but I'm not leaving any time soon :)[/quote]

How the HELL could u be a threat to him? Staff makes the decisions of who will or will not be mods, not the members. And when you act like you've been here forever, yeah there will be suspicion, but that's all there is.
Spoiler: show
Married to vish

adopted daughter werewolfgrrly

adopted sister: unikels

adopted brother: Tora

Melonie's Aunt

Thank you Rogue and Sophie for the graphics.

friends list are in the spoiler, check out if you're good enough to be one. :D

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Warm in your belly!

Nickname(s): Wolfishgirl, Narm, Annoying girl, Alien, Angel...
Pride Points: 26

Postby FlipMode » October 17th, 2012, 11:32 pm

[quote="wolfishgirl"]
How the HELL could u be a threat to him? Staff makes the decisions of who will or will not be mods, not the members. And when you act like you've been here forever, yeah there will be suspicion, but that's all there is.[/quote]

Unless someone makes a thread asking the members if they think he or she should have been made a moderator, then they would just look like a massive idiot.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 17th, 2012, 11:32 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]^I do not care, I am from the UK, not the US - my language or get out lol

And nope, sometimes it is needed. For example, one could use it to advertise the Fanfic writing contest to fan fic writers. I remmeber a while back the groups were going to be revamped (it never happened) but if it did, the option to mass PM would have been handy ^.^
Staff members can also use it to PM all other staff members at once.[/quote]
Then let them add all six of them individually ;)
Let's be frank, the feature is only used for spammers and the noobs that want someone to roleplay with and doesn't realize that that is annoying. Yes, there are good opportunities for it. But they are rare. I still think it's used for mostly bad than good.

[quote="Banana"]You are trying to get me off this website because I'm the only one around here who you see as a threat to your promotion. :P Nice try, but I'm not leaving any time soon :)[/quote]
Banana, just type "I'm not legit". It's much shorter than that ;)

[quote="Banana"]I am apparently too smart to be a new member[/quote]
Well, how do you know things about members that aren't available on the forum?
TheRoguePrince

Postby wolfishgirl » October 17th, 2012, 11:36 pm

[quote="Banana"]I am apparently too smart to be a new member[/quote]
Well, how do you know things about members that aren't available on the forum?[/quote]

Yes, how do you know these things which I don't know and I've been here for a year, or even older members?
Married to vish

adopted daughter werewolfgrrly

adopted sister: unikels

adopted brother: Tora

Melonie's Aunt

Thank you Rogue and Sophie for the graphics.

friends list are in the spoiler, check out if you're good enough to be one. :D

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Warm in your belly!

Nickname(s): Wolfishgirl, Narm, Annoying girl, Alien, Angel...
Pride Points: 26

Postby FlipMode » October 17th, 2012, 11:38 pm

What do you call a mouse using a proxy tho?
Anonymouse.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Dunker » October 17th, 2012, 11:50 pm

What is up with all these measures? o.o
Last edited by Dunker on October 18th, 2012, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dunker

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Tora » October 17th, 2012, 11:53 pm

This thread is ridiculously out of hand. Even though members don't like this "Banana" fellow lets just let him be him even if he is illegit or legit. If you have solid proof that he is not who he says he is it should be sent to the mods rather than calling him out in this thread.

---

I do not think that adding this proxy rule would really help the forum, but I don't think it would hurt it either.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 17th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Look Banana, it’s called “Cause and Effect”. Your actions cause us to behave how we do. If you chose to pick an odd username, post suspiciously, and talk like you’ve been here for longer than you seem, then we have the right to be suspicious and ask questions, especially after MLK has had a bad history with dup accounts and trolls attacks. Understand?
TheRoguePrince

Postby Kiki123 » October 18th, 2012, 1:49 am

I think proxies are not a good thing. My sister used to spam another site (don't ask) and she always used a proxy. I don't think they are a good thing for this community.
Kiki123
kikers

The king of dragons

Nickname(s): anything really
Pride Points: 2

Postby KingKivuli » October 18th, 2012, 2:44 am

this topic seems to have served its purpose

and as a side note the staff have confirmed that Banana is not Noah so I'd like to ask members to simmer down on that number

thanks
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Previous

Return to Feedback & How-To