Down a Post

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Down a Post

Postby Timon the great » October 14th, 2012, 6:22 am

I noticed I'm missing a post because I do remember the last one I made ended me up at 310 on my post count and then I came here last week, saw one of my posts, and noticed the count was at 309 Image ?? *Before posting this topic*

Not that I'm really concerned about this, given it's just 1 down. I haven't found out which of my posts it is that went missing or if it's a count error. But did anyone in the last two weeks notice the difference or has seen this happen before?
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Re: Down a Post

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 14th, 2012, 7:12 am

I think only certain posts get added to your total count, but I will admit it's very confusing as to what get counted and doesn't. For example. it says that I have 8624 posts (at the left) but going here, it says I have over 17000?

It's been a while since Moka officially said what is counted, and it could have changed. Maybe he could clear this up... :?
TheRoguePrince

Postby WildSimba » October 14th, 2012, 7:22 am

Maybe one of the mods deleted the post.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FlipMode » October 14th, 2012, 7:37 am

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]I think only certain posts get added to your total count, but I will admit it's very confusing as to what get counted and doesn't. For example. it says that I have 8624 posts (at the left) but going here, it says I have over 17000?

It's been a while since Moka officially said what is counted, and it could have changed. Maybe he could clear this up... :?[/quote]

That's not what happened though; the post was added to his count successfully and then was taken away. I can only assume that an old thread was deleted and the post was lost that way or a staff member deleted it for one reason or another...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Moka » October 14th, 2012, 8:58 pm

No one has deleted a post by Timon the great, I looked in the logs for the past month. There is no recent log messages for deleted topics, unless he posted in one of the topics during that gruesome spam attack a few days ago.

Post counts increment everywhere in the forum. We announced that when we got rid of the arcade, I believe.

Members who have a higher post count when you search for their posts have made a considerable amount of off-topic posts when post count was not incremented for off-topic posts.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » October 15th, 2012, 7:27 am

[quote="Moka"]No one has deleted a post by Timon the great, I looked in the logs for the past month. There is no recent log messages for deleted topics, unless he posted in one of the topics during that gruesome spam attack a few days ago.
[/quote]

Maybe. Which is why we say people; don't reply to spam / trolling... It makes matters worse. The point of trolling is to provoke a response from you, the moment you make a post about it, you are giving them exactly what they came here for.
I was surprised the other day that people were replying to them; if you can't figure out why you shouldn't reply to them then you probably shouldn't be handling this kind of machinery in the first place.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby wolfishgirl » October 15th, 2012, 3:26 pm

when was this spam attack and where? because I really missed it...
Spoiler: show
Married to vish

adopted daughter werewolfgrrly

adopted sister: unikels

adopted brother: Tora

Melonie's Aunt

Thank you Rogue and Sophie for the graphics.

friends list are in the spoiler, check out if you're good enough to be one. :D

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Warm in your belly!

Nickname(s): Wolfishgirl, Narm, Annoying girl, Alien, Angel...
Pride Points: 26

Postby Moka » October 17th, 2012, 3:58 am

^ That's a good thing.
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Return to Feedback & How-To