Feedback & announcements

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Feedback & announcements

Postby FlipMode » October 10th, 2012, 8:11 am

Okay getting a little sick of seeing announcement and feedback threads end up getting locked due to the dram that ensues, I think the system therefore needs updating, here is my suggestion.

1) For announcements, how about Moka just announces them at the top of the index page via the forum shout thing used to tell us when mlk radio is on?
Members can still give their feedback, but can do so by PMing a staff member (staff will have to be okay with a barrage of PM and will also have to be okay with making sure each one they relieved is logged into the staff forum) this way announcements are made, if people complain then the staff can take that into consideration still. Sure it's a slightly odd way of doing it but it keeps unnecessary arguments off the public board.

2) this section of the board should be just called "Help & How-To" where people can go if they have a problem with the site or forum to get help and such. All feedback can be submitted anonymously to Moka via the feedback button on the main site page or via PMing a staff member who will bring it to the right people.
Because ATM when someone has a suggestion, they post it in public and people disagree with it and the thread erupts that way. By making suggestions via the staff it's only going to the people who matter and they can discuss it between themselves, if there is a flaw in it then they will consider that flaw I'm sure...
Last edited by FlipMode on October 10th, 2012, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Feedback & announcements

Postby FlipMode » October 10th, 2012, 8:19 am

^ I'm interested to read what you had to say now D: lol

Edit - I am not crazy, there WAS a post above this one XD
Last edited by FlipMode on October 10th, 2012, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby LionsAreKings » October 10th, 2012, 9:42 am

I think this is a great idea, because all of the drama that seems to occur in the feedback topics is getting quite out of hand and annoying to be honest.

It might be an idea to combine your two ideas... i.e. Use the announcement feature for, well announcements ;) and then to have the Feedback button which will send the issue to Moka or maybe select moderator who would deal with feedback and bring it up at the meetings or whatever it is you guys do... =P

But yeah, all this drama needs to stop.
Try listening to their music and getting rid of your "filters"
LionsAreKings
The Irregular

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Josh, LAK, LRK
Pride Points: 33

Postby Shadowfax » October 10th, 2012, 11:57 am

Or just post the topic and then lock it to avoid drama. Then, like you've suggested, any queries members may have they can PM the staff.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby AdAstrα » October 10th, 2012, 12:40 pm

I also agree that this is a good idea. The majority of the drama on this forum is caused by people disrespecting eachother's opinions, and I guess a solution like this could help minimize that.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Woeler » October 10th, 2012, 1:24 pm

I also agree that we need to reform this system. People usually argue over announcements, however some people go into personal attack, which I find rather lame. When discussing and/or debating something you need to be able to stay formal, even with your enemies.

I woke up this morning and there was a new announcement on the board. I read it and wanted to reply... locked. Due to people posting accusations and personal attacks.

Discussing an announcement isn't that hard. Some people would rather target the person posting the announcement than the actual announcement.

Also, what is drama? When people are having a heavy discussion everyone starts screaming ''OMG DRAMA. ANOTHER DAY ON MLK''. To all those people: YOU are the ones causing drama. (some exceptions might be there, but still) If you think this is drama, go look at some debates on project reason. Way worse than this and nobody complains.

To disagree is something else than to hate. So if you feel like you're one of those people that runs around and screams ''drama'' all the time. Just think and shut up. We have a mod team to handle the drama misunderstandings, not you!

Then on some trolling issue (on which I wasn't able to reply because it got ''out of hand''). The staff here requires extraordinary evidence to ban somebody? Hello? Wake up! The staff is superior, not inferior! Acting like a member and being a mod doesn't work, the proof is everywhere on this forum. Sometimes you just need to grow up and do what is asked from you. No wonder people are so critical, the team submits or the topic gets locked out of fear/anger. Just do what you need to do. Some people will whine here and there, but in the end they have to accept it. Unless something is completely ridiculous. Mods should act on intuition, not proof that takes weeks to gather. Get over your fear of making mistakes and do what is asked from you! Where was the team last night? You don't need approval from other mods to do something. For the sake of humanity, just ACT! You're a mod, not a moron.

The announcement topic got out of hand. But why? People were posting nonsense. It's rare, people acting that low. That discussion was unnecessary, silly and out of line. I believe some people just post there because they simply need their daily dose of whining and complaining.

And seriously? Hitler jokes? It's not like he is responsible for the direct murder of 14.000.000 innocent people or something... So you lock topics because of the ''drama'', but Hitler pics stay where they are? Really?

I see topics getting locked everywhere. There are people that have something USEFUL to contribute to those topics. Don't lock them because of 2 people being idiots. PM or warn those two people. The rest of the community shouldn't suffer because of 2 or 3 problem-makers. And how about deleting offensive posts? is deleting posts taboo here? Jesus, use the forum software for what it was designed for. Why do you think there is a delete function? For fun? For the looks? No, it is meant to delete posts...

The word ''drama'' should be put in the censor-list of mlk

You don't get people to listen to you when you're acting like you suffer from Stockholm Syndrome, act like a strong leader and they will follow.

I'm not implying that the team is bad, not at all. People just need to give them a damn break and stop being so oversensitive about everything.

And btw, I don't want anyone quoting me and whining about how bad the mods are and how this should be a democracy. Grow up, or go buy a lollipop. Just like little kids, they'll stop whining when you give them a lollipop.

That's it: Grow up or shut up.

Amen
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 10th, 2012, 5:15 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Members can still give their feedback, but can do so by PMing a staff member [/quote][quote="Shadowfax"]Or just post the topic and then lock it to avoid drama.[/quote]
I don't know, this seems kind of restricting. I mean, the point of the forum is to allow members to comment on issues, to let us have a say in public. Taking them away because it might start drama makes as much sense as stopping new members from registering because they might be trollorists (trolls+terrorists lol) in disguise.

[quote="Woeler1"]To disagree is something else than to hate.[/quote]
I agree 100%. I was surprised the topics were even locked last night. A bunch of members never got to leave their feedback.

[quote="Woeler1"]And seriously? Hitler jokes? It's not like he is responsible for the direct murder of 14.000.000 innocent people or something...[/quote]
I know right? Talk about off topic... :grumpy:
TheRoguePrince

Postby FlipMode » October 10th, 2012, 5:27 pm

[quote="TheRoguePrince"][quote="FlipMode"]Members can still give their feedback, but can do so by PMing a staff member [/quote][quote="Shadowfax"]Or just post the topic and then lock it to avoid drama.[/quote]
I don't know, this seems kind of restricting. I mean, the point of the forum is to allow members to comment on issues, to let us have a say in public. Taking them away because it might start drama makes as much sense as stopping new members from registering because they might be trollorists (trolls+terrorists lol) in disguise.
[/quote]

Well, one of those things is quite a bit more extreme than the other, the latter makes even less sense not as much sense XD
TROLLORISTS

Honestly though...
Hmmm I mean its not taking away your right to have a say, you still can but lets face it, when it comes down to it, the only people who need to read what you have to say in regards to how the forum itself is actually ran, are the staff. So you still do get to put your word in, its just not blurted out all over a public thread for people to rip apart in a personal attack and what not.

Obviously everyone has different ideas on how the board should be ran, but what good does criticising each others ideas in public actually achieve? It is after all, not our website. If we submit an idea to the staff, and Moka agrees to give it a try (after maybe talking it over with the other staff members) then IMO it need not be any more complicated than that.
FlipMode

Postby Woeler » October 10th, 2012, 7:29 pm

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]
[quote="Woeler1"]And seriously? Hitler jokes? It's not like he is responsible for the direct murder of 14.000.000 innocent people or something...[/quote]
I know right? Talk about off topic... :grumpy:[/quote]
They deleted it just now ;)
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Return to Feedback & How-To