New Members

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: New Members

Postby AdAstrα » October 23rd, 2012, 4:04 pm

I agree that this is a good idea. I was on another forum where they had this rule, and it seemed to really keep the trolling to a minimum. Not saying it'll necessarily work on every forum as they're all different lol, but it might be a good thing to at least try?
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby wolfishgirl » October 23rd, 2012, 4:08 pm

I believe so, I just get irritated at times how new members well just get an account and creep on the den, and off topic sections and it seems like anything to actually do with TLK is left for older members, or just dies out.
Spoiler: show
Married to vish

adopted daughter werewolfgrrly

adopted sister: unikels

adopted brother: Tora

Melonie's Aunt

Thank you Rogue and Sophie for the graphics.

friends list are in the spoiler, check out if you're good enough to be one. :D

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Warm in your belly!

Nickname(s): Wolfishgirl, Narm, Annoying girl, Alien, Angel...
Pride Points: 26

Postby FlipMode » October 23rd, 2012, 4:12 pm

[quote="Woeler1"]make the whole offtopic section visible to members only and apply a certain number of posts until you can access them.

nuff said[/quote]

This. But more than 10.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Woeler » October 23rd, 2012, 4:27 pm

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="Woeler1"]make the whole offtopic section visible to members only and apply a certain number of posts until you can access them.

nuff said[/quote]

This. But more than 10.[/quote]
Yeah, say 50-75
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 23rd, 2012, 6:35 pm

50 sounds fine Flip, 30 might be a bit better, but now that I think about it, 10 isn't that many...
TheRoguePrince

Postby TheLionPrince » October 23rd, 2012, 6:46 pm

I can agree with FlipMode and RoguePrince. Somewhere between 30 to 50 posts.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby WildSimba » October 23rd, 2012, 6:57 pm

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]Anyways, I think the power of humiliation is the best route. When the trolls remain anonymous, they can do whatever without any social backlash from the community. But since KK has admitted that the perpetrators were Kops and Simbaholic, they (and others) will be less likely to do stuff if everyone on MLK will eventually find out who were the ones who caused this.[/quote]

I hope you're not serious. If the trolls identities were brought out into public every single time, it'd only be counter-productive. These people would have no reason to try and blend in anymore, and would just flat out attack us. If anything, all that would end up doing is feeding the trolls. And lol, not every troll attack ever has been made by those 2 people. I've seen normal members doing it on their own accounts. Pointing the finger at people will never help anyone, seriously.

And I agree with all the limits talked about before. The mods have agreed on doing this multiple times already, so I honestly don't know why it hasn't been done yet. lol
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FlipMode » October 23rd, 2012, 7:08 pm

[quote="WildSimba"][quote="TheRoguePrince"]Anyways, I think the power of humiliation is the best route. When the trolls remain anonymous, they can do whatever without any social backlash from the community. But since KK has admitted that the perpetrators were Kops and Simbaholic, they (and others) will be less likely to do stuff if everyone on MLK will eventually find out who were the ones who caused this.[/quote]

I hope you're not serious. If the trolls identities were brought out into public every single time, it'd only be counter-productive. These people would have no reason to try and blend in anymore, and would just flat out attack us. If anything, all that would end up doing is feeding the trolls. And lol, not every troll attack ever has been made by those 2 people. I've seen normal members doing it on their own accounts. Pointing the finger at people will never help anyone, seriously. [/quote]

He never did say they were the only two, he used them as an example; reading his post would have made that clear. He then went on to say that other people would be less likely to do it in future if they were name and shamed.
For what it is worth, my take is that if you are going to do something as silly as posting what was posted the other week, you should be named. I mean, if anyone does that then they are probably already banned and have no interest in returning anyway so by that logic it shouldn't matter what the community thinks of them.

[quote="WildSimba"]
And I agree with all the limits talked about before. The mods have agreed on doing this multiple times already, so I honestly don't know why it hasn't been done yet. lol[/quote]

I think I do, but I will keep it to myself for now...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Kiki123 » October 23rd, 2012, 7:51 pm

This sounds great. Can we start it soon?
Kiki123
kikers

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The king of dragons

Nickname(s): anything really
Pride Points: 2

Postby Dare » October 23rd, 2012, 8:10 pm

A proposed 30-50 posts in order to be allowed to talk about things other than TLK, eh?
What about those of us who've been here for years, but only have...say...19 posts?
;)

I hate to be a noodge, but I must ask...am I to be forcibly corralled into only being able to discuss TLK then, or to post more just so I'll be able to enjoy the access that those people who post every 5 minutes have?
It's not that I don't want to discuss TLK, but TLK was not the only reason why I joined this forum.
To have access to a part of the forum only to have it suddenly taken away simply because I may not post as often as others... I'm not sure what to think about that.

Eh, I suppose this kind of thing hinges on what defines a "new" member, then? *le shrug*
:?
Dare
fly-on-the-wall

i lurk, therefore i am

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To