[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Need Some Feedback From The Comminuty (Kind-of Important) — My Lion King Forum

Need Some Feedback From The Comminuty (Kind-of Important)

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Should I Be Back On The Staff?

Yes
50%
No
39%
Yes, But I Would Rather Someone Else Replace You (Specify, if you like)
11%
Other (Please Specify)
No votes

Total votes : 18

Re: Need Some Feedback From The Comminuty (Kind-of Important

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 7th, 2012, 6:53 pm

Well, I don't want to cause a big drama, so I won't keep posting here, but currently the poll is 7 for you and 6 for someone else (5+1) but anyways, this is turning into a popularity contest. It boils down to who is the best mod: 1) the person the staff wants 2) the person MLK wants.

If we choose the second, it becomes a "make my friend a mod" type of thing
TheRoguePrince

Postby FlipMode » October 7th, 2012, 7:00 pm

^I disagree, most people are smart enough to not vote for someone just because they are friends lol. If that were the case I would have handed my staff place to someone else other than WS, since I did not know him at the time.

I see where you are coming from, I just think its been taken a little out of context at the same time.

EDIT - I will say this as many times as I need to - the question is more about fairness rather than necessarily whether I should be a mod or not =) I hope some of you at least got that from it, because it was the point I was trying to get across.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » October 7th, 2012, 7:36 pm

Will you make a good mod again? Probably yes. Should you return to being a mod? Probably yes.

What I think should happen? Let others have a shot at being a mod.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » October 7th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby WildSimba » October 7th, 2012, 8:21 pm

[quote="Regulus"]
But if that's not really what this is about, it's about WS, isn't it? You two are friends, and since you let him be a mod, he is trying to return the favor.

Well, it doesn't work that way. He's leaving the staff team. He can say all he wants about what we should do without him, and that's great. But, in the end, claiming to be leaving the staff team after two years is not an excuse to get your way all the time.[/quote]

You assume wrong. And it's pretty funny you trying to control things all of a sudden considering you've only been on the staff team for like, what? 2 months maybe? Why don't you get a little more experience with this stuff before you start point your fingers at me, rookie.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FlipMode » October 7th, 2012, 8:21 pm

[quote]But if that's not really what this is about, it's about WS, isn't it? You two are friends, and since you let him be a mod, he is trying to return the favor. [/quote]

Yes we are friends, no that is not him trying to return the favour lol, he suggested Blake last time instead of me and I didnt mind. I just think I should be able to have my place back if it was mine to begin with, if it "doesn't work like that"... Says who? I was not aware there was a solidified system for picking who is and is not on the staff.

[quote]I don't think you'd do a bad job, but I just wasn't so sure about this.[/quote]
That is what does not make sense, to me. Unless you think there are people who would do a better job, then that is fair enough.

[quote]And then I log in to MLK to find you're publicly criticizing a staff decision to get your way. That isn't the type of person that should be on the staff; you know, that could almost get you banned. [/quote]

Its not "to get my way", I already said I doubted this was going to change anything. I am criticising it because as you said, its KKs decision and I think it was biased and somewhat unfair. So I bought it up into the public... And? The type of person to criticise a staff decision and ask the community for their opinion should not be on the staff? If the staff asked things to the public on here more, and allowed more people to have a voice rather than discussing things in private, this thread and various other dramas would not have occurred.

As far me getting banned, for criticising a staff decision? Way to approve the whole "dictatorship" thing.
Edit - not that at this point I particularly care if I get banned, that seems to happen to most active members here in the end anyway. Its kind of fate to be unfairly banned it seems.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » October 7th, 2012, 8:39 pm

To add to what I had to say, I agree with both Regulus and Flip here. But wait, how does that work? Here is my reasoning:

Why I agree with Regulus:

Just as TRP said, FlipMode too many times threatened to leave MLK, only to come back again, and leave again, and come back again, etc... I know that Flip was a good mod in the past, but when you already repeatedly threatened/pledged to leave MLK and simply flip-flopped around that, it makes me doubt how well you will be as a mod now. And even though WS denies it, I also think that a WS-FM friendship had at least something to do with WS wanting FM to replace him. If it was a purely "FM will make a good mod" decision, then WS would not have flipped out (mind the pun) so much as soon as KK said 'nope.avi'.

Why I agree with Flip:

The way KK runs things on MLK right now, I do believe that KK doesn't want Flip as a mo not because he thinks that Flip will be a bad mod, but because he sees Flip as a threat to his power. After all, this reminds me of during the summer, when Regulus, Woeler, and I were trying to get the media group up and running again. KK only placed me in the media group after a long and somewhat brutal Skype conversion in which we repeatedly reassured KK that no, we will not try and dethrone KK from power. And then when we were creating the MLK community podcast, a separate identity than KK's radio, he still tried to take over it.

So what I am saying is that I don't know how much of KK's decisions these days come from a selfless desire to help MLK, or a selfish desire to keep himself as top dog cat.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » October 7th, 2012, 8:51 pm

This topic is completely ridiculous. Hash out the issue with the staff, this has nothing to do with the members.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby Regulus » October 7th, 2012, 8:53 pm

[quote="WildSimba"]You assume wrong. And it's pretty funny you trying to control things all of a sudden considering you've only been on the staff team for like, what? 2 months maybe? Why don't you get a little more experience with this stuff before you start point your fingers at me, rookie.[/quote]

I'm trying my best to assess and evaluate the situation. It's the same thing I've done from day one. It's not like I haven't explained how I've arrived at this conclusion, so please, do not resort to personal attacks to support your argument.

[quote="FlipMode"]I just think I should be able to have my place back if it was mine to begin with,[/quote]

So that is what this is about. You want to be a mod again.

[quote]if it "doesn't work like that"... Says who? I was not aware there was a solidified system for picking who is and is not on the staff.[/quote]

Says KK.

[quote][quote]I don't think you'd do a bad job, but I just wasn't so sure about this.[/quote]
That is what does not make sense, to me. Unless you think there are people who would do a better job, then that is fair enough.[/quote]

I don't know for sure, I had a few ideas, but I would like to give some other members an opportunity to prove themselves as mods.

[quote]And then I log in to MLK to find you're publicly criticizing a staff decision to get your way. That isn't the type of person that should be on the staff; you know, that could almost get you banned. [/quote]

[quote]Its not "to get my way", I already said I doubted this was going to change anything. I am criticising it because as you said, its KKs decision and I think it was biased and somewhat unfair. So I bought it up into the public... And? The type of person to criticise a staff decision and ask the community for their opinion should not be on the staff? If the staff asked things to the public on here more, and allowed more people to have a voice rather than discussing things in private, this thread and various other dramas would not have occurred.[/quote]

You have a point. Why do you have to be so good at arguing? :lol:

[quote]As far me getting banned, for criticising a staff decision? Way to approve the whole "dictatorship" thing.
Edit - not that at this point I particularly care if I get banned, that seems to happen to most active members here in the end anyway. Its kind of fate to be unfairly banned it seems.[/quote]

I wouldn't ban you for that, nor would any of the other mods, as far as I know. But you must understand why this thread is ridiculous, and breaks the rules. I know that you knew that this thread would cause drama when you created it, and that's not what we need on the staff, end of story.

Don't take offense to that. You've had great suggestions, and I've always enjoyed reading your posts, which are much more thought out than most others. You're a great member, I have no doubt about that.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 7th, 2012, 8:56 pm

"LOL, I find it funny that Wildsimba keeps picking his friends to replace him. I mean, first NEStalgiaFox, then Flipmode. If you guys want to talk about a democracy and fairness, then it should be a fair staff decision. Not a corrupt dictatorship where people get picked because "They know people". Imagine how that kind of crap would work in real life. People who are friends of congressmen would get picked for certain things, instead of the people who were the most qualified

I mean, can you imagine the amount of drama that would go down in KK picked the next mod by selecting his best friend?
TheRoguePrince

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To