[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Need Some Feedback From The Comminuty (Kind-of Important) — My Lion King Forum

Need Some Feedback From The Comminuty (Kind-of Important)

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Should I Be Back On The Staff?

Yes
50%
No
39%
Yes, But I Would Rather Someone Else Replace You (Specify, if you like)
11%
Other (Please Specify)
No votes

Total votes : 18

Need Some Feedback From The Comminuty (Kind-of Important)

Postby FlipMode » October 7th, 2012, 9:25 am

I assume most of you know me, if not - hi my name is Flip, its not but I am that on here.

There you learned something about me, and now if you did not already know this - I was on the staff here as a moderator not too long ago (those of you who knew, hi, those who did not, you learned another thing about me).
In fact, I was voted by the community and then hand chosen by Moka, KingKivuli and TheIvanMuse to become the new moderator out of I believe it was three people... You can read more about there here if you like viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14311

Now, I would like to think I did a good job and can show multiple examples of times when I did. I listened to what members wanted, and try to always do what is best for them, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15260&start=90
Now furthermore, shall we take a look at some of the pride points I received over time here?

[quote]
by Moka on 18 Jun 2012, 23:35

D'awww, thanks Flip. I've really appreciated all you've done for the site both on and off the staff.[/quote]

[quote] by KingKivuli on 19 May 2011, 23:03

great friend but also a great mod despite the amount of work he puts up with[/quote]

[quote] by DGFone on 11 May 2011, 21:28

For being a great mod, and a great member. Thank you.[/quote]

[quote]
by Azdgari on 20 Mar 2011, 23:45

Thanks for answering my question, Fip! You're also pretty much the textbook definition of a great staff member in my opinion. You don't take things (or yourself) too seriously and take care of business when you need to without any sort of "i'm a mod i have to be really serious about this!" complex. You're doing a wonderful job and I'm sure you'll continue to! MLK is lucky to have you, not just as a staff member but as a person. ^^[/quote]

I could go on....

So why if I was doing such a great job, am I no longer on the staff? Well the answer is simple, I was busy with college and had to leave it for a while. In doing so, I chose WildSimba to replace me. Yes he was banned BUT he did a great job of it, just as I knew he would and again the choice I make are for the better of the whole forum, not just a few people.

Now, WS and (I think) NEStesgiaFox are both leaving and WS has suggested that his place on the staff gets handed back to me (which I would think, is fair game, is it not?)
But here is the thing, it seems a couple of the staff members seem to have some kind of a problem with this, and I have no idea what it is.

So all I am asking is - does this sound fair to anyone else? Because this sounds like a load of crap to me. and if the staff here want people to stop calling them a dictatorship, its high time they stopped acting like one.

Above you will see a poll, I want you to vote and voice your opinion on the matter. Should I be allowed back, or not? If you think I am being treated unfairly, who not even post some feedback to Moka? http://www.mylionking.com/feedback/ its anonymous and there is nothing in the rules saying I was not allowed to make this thread, I just thought it would be nice for the MEMBERS (the few that are not banned or left due to crap like this) to have their say on the matter.

(BTW if this is locked, or I am banned it only strengthens my points, and I would like to think I have expressed them pretty peacefully.)
Remember the option with the most votes may not necessarily come true (acting on majority feedback? Yeah, right) but it is a chance to just let the staff know your views on the matter before this goes unheard of.

EDIT - if you dont want to make it public, you can also PM me or MSN or something, it will just be a lot more impacting to put it here.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Need Some Feedback From The Comminuty (Kind-of Important

Postby Woeler » October 7th, 2012, 10:01 am

Yes. And why? We need someone that takes the job seriously, but is still in for a joke. I mean come on, jokes get taken waaaay too serious. You've proven yourself already.

You:
Know what you're doing
Have actual sense of humor
Have experience
Know the admins well
are a fgt

My predictions on this topic:
It'll get locked simply because you're bringing this into the public. I just hope this doesn't get locked with the sorry excuse ''If you have a problem you should contact the staff, not the members.'' Well, newsflash, this forum is about the members, not the staff.

And for all you people b*tching: I say yes because I know he will do a good job, not CUZFRIENDS.

Last edited by Woeler on October 7th, 2012, 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » October 7th, 2012, 5:48 pm

You have a good sense of humor and are mature. You don't judge but you don't BS around either. At least that is the impression I get from you.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 7th, 2012, 6:01 pm

TheRoguePrince

Postby FlipMode » October 7th, 2012, 6:15 pm

^Swell, thanks Cat and Woeler. But I was not really fishing for compliments with this thread, the main point was that there is no reason I wouldnt be allowed unless someone on the staff had a personal grudge against me (which I believe is actually the case) but I do not really see why that should effect it. In the end, this is the feedback forum and this thread is feedback, I just felt that in this case it was something the other members should also know about...

As it stands at the time of writing the numbers are 6 to yes and 2 to no, which to me says that people are generally agreeing so far that is 1)unfair and 2) pretty childish to say someone can not be on the staff just because you do not like them when said person has already proven otherwise...

Now, TRP. Some of those points I can agree with, but I will go over the main ones...

[quote] You've already been on the staff. Maybe the admins wanted someone new who hasn't been on to replace it. Walt Disney himself said "Keep moving forward". This is assuming Wildsimba's replacement is someone new.[/quote]

Walt Disney is dead... And we have had people be on the staff more than once in the past.

[quote]. Just because people post they like you online and did a good job as mod, doesn't mean that’s how they feel. I’m *NOT* saying they are flat out lying. But I am saying that sometimes, in the name of civility, people post on here how they like one another so as to avoid drama. Something you are doing the opposite of with this thread.[/quote]

But I dont care whether you, or anybody else likes me, that is not the point of the thread. Point is IMO the fact I have been denied my own place on the staff due to reasons that so not add up to me is what this is really about.

[quote] You refuse to accept anything besides the age old answer that the staff is a dictatorship and everyone is out to get you. I’m just wondering: Did you even ask the staff why they didn't pick you?[/quote]

Well in this instance I happen to agree, if people are saying its unfair that I can not have my original place on the staff back, considering WS has it and is leaving and the staff just go "LOL NOPE!" is that not dictating, to some degree? And sore loser or just simply wanting things to stay fair? I dont mind loosing, but not when it is due to rubbish reasons lol.

[quote]You seem to be stacking the deck with only good comments, but looking in your pride points I see some not so good ones when you were on the staff.[/quote]

Thats because there are way more good ones than there are negatives. And the negatives were really just because I used to get involved with debate threads, back when they were not really allowed (Because I thought they should be, and now today they kind of are).

I can agree with most of the other stuff you said, though. But please don't really think I am being a sore loser by doing this lol, I have no doubt that this thread will probably just piss them off even more and make it even more unlikely so I am not trying to change their minds with it, just point out a flaw in what they are doing... It does not take me long to sit here and type a few paragraphs, really, in the grand scheme of things.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby WildSimba » October 7th, 2012, 6:19 pm

"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » October 7th, 2012, 6:31 pm

I know I haven't been around here as long as some, but I think I'm in a good place to say I think Flip would do well as a mod again. Ah didn't know WS and NEStesgiaFox were leaving, so I wish them the best. Tom is a great guy, and it's down to what sort of person you like being friends with in the end. I know some people don't like me because I'm annoying and fangirly, and there's problems reasons why some people dislike Flip, but I can't think of any lol. So I'm voting yes.

Edit: And like TRP said, I'm clueless to the full story so yeah.
Last edited by UncoordinatedPisces on October 7th, 2012, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 7th, 2012, 6:35 pm

Well, a lot of people have been skipped over for modships (and I mean ALOT) but they never make threads claiming injustice. And yes, WS, Moka has a lot to do with it, he would be the one who said "No"to Flip. But I'm confused about why this should be brought to the member's attention. Like I said earlier, this is a private staff matter. If Flip runs to the members for this, how do you know he won't do the same when he becomes mod?

Also, I think it's a bit unfair to have a big poll at the top. I mean, I'm Flip's friend, so of course I will want him on the staff, but by that logic, the person will the most friends becomes mod
TheRoguePrince

Postby WildSimba » October 7th, 2012, 6:39 pm

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]Well, a lot of people have been skipped over for modships (and I mean ALOT) but they never make threads claiming injustice. And yes, WS, Moka has a lot to do with it, he would be the one who said "No"to Flip. But I'm confused about why this should be brought to the member's attention. Like I said earlier, this is a private staff matter. If Flip runs to the members for this, how do you know he won't do the same when he becomes mod?

Also, I think it's a bit unfair to have a big poll at the top. I mean, I'm Flip's friend, so of course I will want him on the staff, but by that logic, the person will the most friends becomes mod[/quote]

I'm still on the staff. I was a part of the meeting. I can tell you that Moka had nothing to do with the decision making process on this one. He hasn't even really been active recently. KK is pretty much the main admin here now, and he was the one who said no to Flip flat out.

And I think it's rightful to point out an injustice. The staff here are way too secretive sometimes. Sure, I wouldn't of probably of posted this thread myself, but there's also nothing wrong with a little bit of constructive feedback, in the end.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FlipMode » October 7th, 2012, 6:44 pm

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]Well, a lot of people have been skipped over for modships (and I mean ALOT) but they never make threads claiming injustice. And yes, WS, Moka has a lot to do with it, he would be the one who said "No"to Flip. But I'm confused about why this should be brought to the member's attention. Like I said earlier, this is a private staff matter. If Flip runs to the members for this, how do you know he won't do the same when he becomes mod?

Also, I think it's a bit unfair to have a big poll at the top. I mean, I'm Flip's friend, so of course I will want him on the staff, but by that logic, the person will the most friends becomes mod[/quote]

I would do the same on the staff, yes. Because I HAPPEN to think that an important part of creating and keeping a good community is to give everyone their chance to chip in their opinions. If you still need another reason why I am bringing this up with members - remember I was the one that gave WS his place on the staff and now he is leaving there should be no real problem with it being handed back over to me, but that appears to not be the case which to me seems pretty unfair and I wanted to know what other people here thought about it, its as simple as that.

I mean the poll says "SHOULD" I be, its not an absolute. Just an opinion.
FlipMode

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To