Chatroom Idea

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Chatroom Idea

Postby Regulus » October 10th, 2012, 5:28 am

After all that's been going on, all new accounts can look suspicious. But it most certainly doesn't help when members who have been around for two weeks act like they've been around for months.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Tora » October 10th, 2012, 5:29 am

[quote="Regulus"]After all that's been going on, all new accounts can look suspicious. But it most certainly doesn't help when members who have been around for two weeks act like they've been around for months.[/quote]
Precisely.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby WildSimba » October 10th, 2012, 5:30 am

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]You can pick any username you want, just be able to accept the consequences.
Also, did you read the see the same thread as me Wildsimba? I never accused you of anything, although you did jump the gun :P[/quote]

>just quit the staff team because I don't have enough time to do it.
>>thinks I'd waste my time trolling some MLK forum

makes sense, bro.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby DGFone » October 10th, 2012, 5:31 am

[quote="Regulus"]After all that's been going on, all new accounts can look suspicious. But it most certainly doesn't help when members who have been around for two weeks act like they've been around for months.[/quote]

I completely stopped welcoming new members because 90% of the time, it was a dupe. Luckily he stopped doing that now, but it only goes to show how repeated trolling can effect even legitimate members.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 10th, 2012, 5:33 am

So much win.

[quote="WildSimba"][quote="TheRoguePrince"]You can pick any username you want, just be able to accept the consequences.
Also, did you read the see the same thread as me Wildsimba? I never accused you of anything, although you did jump the gun :P[/quote]

>just quit the staff team because I don't have enough time to do it.
>>thinks I'd waste my time trolling some MLK forum

makes sense, bro.[/quote]
What the heck is wrong with you? I never said you were Banana.
TheRoguePrince

Postby DGFone » October 10th, 2012, 5:34 am

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]
What the heck is wrong with you? I never said you were Banana.[/quote]

Which is why I asked why WS assumed that Rogue claimed that WS was Banana. What Rogue said was that he suspected Banana to be a dupe/troll, but not specifying what member it might be.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 10th, 2012, 5:38 am

^All I know that if it look like a troll, smells like a troll, acts like a troll, and talks like it's been here for month, it's probably a dup. I have no idea who it is. Why would I? Let the mods determine who it is. It's just that it's setting off all kind of alarms with its behavior. (and proceeding to claim we are unfair and harassing him -.-)
TheRoguePrince

Postby Tora » October 10th, 2012, 5:41 am

I wonder why Banana would even hint at Regulus being a mod for three months when Banana has only been here only two weeks just saying.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby DGFone » October 10th, 2012, 5:42 am

[quote="Banana"]
You're one to talk, since you've been a mod for only 3 months... also I believe I have seen the worst this site has to offer in the very short amount of time Ive been here, sadly[/quote]

1. As far as I am aware, normal new members don't go into that much research. Before I joined MLK, I lurked for half a year. I knew the active members quite well, and I was there (in spirit) when FlipMode got elected as a mod.

I did not remember how long he, or any other mod, were mods.

2. I am not a mod, and haven't been. But yes, you are setting off alert alarms like mad. I also think you are either a troll or a dupe. Probably both.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby WildSimba » October 10th, 2012, 5:42 am

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]^All I know that if it look like a troll, smells like a troll, acts like a troll, and talks like it's been here for month, it's probably a dup. I have no idea who it is. Why would I? Let the mods determine who it is. It's just that it's setting off all kind of alarms with its behavior. (and proceeding to claim we are unfair and harassing him -.-)[/quote]

You are because you're a member and it's not in your boundries to say that. It's called back-seat moderating and is actually against the rules. Maybe you should look at them again. That's why you quietly report them. If you call them out, all you're doing is feeding the troll.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To