Should there be a rule against spam?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Should there be a rule against spam?

Postby SlayerOfLight » September 14th, 2012, 12:09 am

I can understand with threads such as ''what are you thinking right now'' to be locked, because spamming our thoughts in a Lion King forum is just useless and unnecessary. But leave the chat threads alone.

Chat threads are more usefull then the kind of threads I mentioned above, as some people don't like the chatbox and feel more comfortable to talk with just a few people in their own chat thread rather then a spammy chatbox where ONE conversation usally dominates the whole chat itself. So locking the chat threads is just stupid and egoistic. I can already see it happening once they dealed with all chat threads, some people would still whine about ''spam'' at other threads such as the member Q&A anyway.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby LionsAreKings » September 14th, 2012, 12:32 am

[quote="AmyMarie"]I'd like to see a few of those forum games get locked, but definitely not all of them. What ones exactly did you have in mind? The ones I'd keep off the top of my head are -

"What are you thinking"
"How are you feeling"
"What are you doing"
"Post Your Desktop" (I like seeing desktop backgrounds x)
"Rate the Signature Above You" & "Rate the Avatar Above You" (Some might find it pointless, but I think those who make graphics like to see what others rate them as)
[/quote]

^THIS

[quote="Tora"]It's bad enough you want the chat threads gone, but now you want the Den as well. Ridiculous. Might as well just shut down the forum[/quote]

Remember this forum isn't just about 'The Den'... It's actually supposed to be about 'The Lion King'. But of course you wouldn't know that because you are too busy counting.
Try listening to their music and getting rid of your "filters"
LionsAreKings
The Irregular

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Josh, LAK, LRK
Pride Points: 33

Postby Tora » September 14th, 2012, 1:37 am

[quote="LionsAreKings"]Remember this forum isn't just about 'The Den'... It's actually supposed to be about 'The Lion King'. But of course you wouldn't know that because you are too busy counting.[/quote]Of course this site is about the Lion King. That doesn't mean it should be restricted to only Lion King posts as it seems you are wanting. It seems that this place doesn't want to have fun and be around the Lion King. It seems that obviously we should drop down to the nothing but "What are you thinking," "How are you feeling," and "What are you doing." It's obvious that some people just want the forum to be so set in stone that we can only talk about the Lion King. Lets not have a fun and attractive environment for all; lets go with TLK only posts and see where it gets us.

Honestly can we not just have a forum that reaches to all interests? Yes it should be Lion King based, and that should be an important topic. It just seems like you guys are wanting this so bad to be a Lion King only forum. I just feel strongly that the ending result should something like that occur will not be good for this forum.
Last edited by Tora on September 14th, 2012, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby LionsAreKings » September 14th, 2012, 2:06 am

I see what you mean but this forum started off with just that. No 'Count to 35 before a Mod Posts'. No 'What are you thinking right now'. No 'First/Last Person to Post Wins'. No Games Whatsoever. People joined and MLK grew to a great community by discussing The Lion King, not by Counting before a Mod posts. Did you join this forum to discuss The Lion King? Or did you just join play games?

I am fine with a few games, but please, oh please get rid of First and Last Person to Post Wins. IT IS BEYOND POINTLESS.
Try listening to their music and getting rid of your "filters"
LionsAreKings
The Irregular

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Josh, LAK, LRK
Pride Points: 33

Postby Tora » September 14th, 2012, 2:12 am

[quote="LionsAreKings"]I see what you mean but this forum started off with just that. No 'Count to 35 before a Mod Posts'. No 'What are you thinking right now'. No 'First/Last Person to Post Wins'. No Games Whatsoever. People joined and MLK grew to a great community by discussing The Lion King, not by Counting before a Mod posts. Did you join this forum to discuss The Lion King? Or did you just join play games?

I am fine with a few games, but please, oh please get rid of First and Last Person to Post Wins. IT IS BEYOND POINTLESS.[/quote]

I totally agree. Yes this forum should be about the Lion King. Yes the reason I joined it was to talk about the Lion King, but as time goes on that is not all I want to do. I want to get to know the fandom not just talk about the movies. Yes I think it is important to, but I want to have an environment that stretches out to be the friendliest of the friendliest. I agree "the last/first person to post" is unnecessary and has no real goal. But the counting thread has a goal and has set records that I would love to see beaten again.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 14th, 2012, 9:41 am

Question.

A long time ago, the Den was being cleaned up, which resulted in the Arcade being deleted and its threads being moved to the Den, so now it's even MORE cluttered instead of more organised... Why haven't we done something about this already? Honestly, we either let go of those threads or give them their own section.

EDIT: lol wow, didn't think this thread would cause so much rage.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Shadowfax » September 14th, 2012, 1:37 pm

Im going to be honest here... I have been debating leaving MLK for a few weeks now because of these kind of topics being made and the obvious vibes from others to get a reaction out of other people. It's b!tchy and pathetic.

Like... Someone will post they are feeling down. And then someone else will post 'OMG, I am so fed up with whiny teenagers' Grow a pair of balls and state who you are talking about and deal with it over MSN/PM if you have a problem with a certain person. Jeez, obviously people are going to ask who your talking about. That's attention seeking too.

People are down. Im not agreeing with the fact people should me emo and ranty here all the time, but people do get upset and down and this is their escape place whether people like it or not. I have moaned and it feels better just knowing you've expressed yourself. If your like me, you won't always have someone to talk to, or if it's concerning someone close to you, I find it easier to talk to someone online.

With regards to spam, I don't think there really is any.. Spam is when someone double posts, posts one word, spams links all over the place etc. The Den should, like i've suggested earlier be separated and a 'fun and games' forum should be made (Maybe Moka could disable post count there as that is a theory to stop spamming) That way, older members and people who find it irritating when people express themselves can keep their more serious conversations in one section and people who want to have fun can do so in the games section of the forum.

Honestly, when did this place become so whiny and moany. Every little thing turns into a full blown row these days. I can see where both Flippeh and Tora were coming from, but come on guys.. it's really not something to fall out over :\
Shadowfax
Never give up;

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Tora » September 14th, 2012, 2:36 pm

[quote="Shadowfax"]I can see where both Flippeh and Tora were coming from, but come on guys.. it's really not something to fall out over :\
[/quote]
You're right and I'm sorry. I need to better control myself. I'm not perfect and I make mistakes. I got involved in an argument that went from the topic at hand to something totally different. Anyway I do think that there should be a section for The Den topics that people are complaining about. It's not fair to delete and or lock those topics. It doesn't matter if it was that way before. Realize that before the Lion King wasn't 18 years old either. It's just not possible to talk about an 18 year old movie til days end. Again I'm sorry for engaging in such an unnecessary argument.
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Previous

Return to Feedback & How-To