Disable Signatures In The Fan-Fiction Board

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Disable Signatures In The Fan-Fiction Board

Postby FlipMode » September 6th, 2012, 11:07 pm

May sound like a trivial thing, but for readers and authors its actually a little bit of a nuisance (at least, to me).
Basically, if you look at the roleplaying boards, the signatures are disabled there because they distract readers.. I think the same applies to fan fictions as well, especially if it is chapter formatted. I mean, if you haven't written one before you have to realise that one shots usually take an hour to write at minimum and then there is editing and formatting... the readers should not have to see signatures, especially all of the GIFS you crazy kids have in yours these days.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Disable Signatures In The Fan-Fiction Board

Postby Eli_Ayase » September 6th, 2012, 11:15 pm

I would like this too.

It would be better and less scrolling down. ._. Why need sigs anyway to be seen if you're just reading the story? x3
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Carl » September 6th, 2012, 11:25 pm

I was actually surprised when I saw the signatures in the fan fiction board the first time I visited it. I had expected they wouldn't be there. I do understand that some people would find them annoying, and since they were disabled in the roleplaying boards, it only makes sense for them to be disabled in the fan fiction one as well. Personally, I don't care one way or the other; but considering as it does bother people, I think they probably should be disabled there.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby FlipMode » September 6th, 2012, 11:30 pm

Oh yeah I am not saying it is a big deal, by all accounts the fact it hasn't been bought up before speaks volumes for how little it matters... Anti matter, even.
But its still a quick subtle change to fix so yeah. Go Moka! Make Dem Changes!
FlipMode

Postby DGFone » September 6th, 2012, 11:34 pm

Roleplayinng is based around posting and replying. Fanfictions are special in that from what I see, single block fan fictions are more popular than multi-chapter ones. But what if fanfiction got categories like the relays: single and multi. Then disable signatures by default for the multiple chapter ones?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby FlipMode » September 6th, 2012, 11:39 pm

^ That would be fine too, but it would be a whole lot easier to disable signatures in that part of the forum altogether. No need really for tags, in RPing its different because it lets other people know whether or not spaces are available for them to join, whereas in Fan fictions, you can tell if it is chapter based because... Well, it says chapter one when you open it.
Some people tag theirs manually anyways, and even in one shots there is still no real need for signatures to be displayed there really.
FlipMode

Postby Regulus » September 7th, 2012, 1:13 am

I suppose this would make sense. Although, to be fair, the fanfiction board could use quite a few improvements.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Azdgari » September 7th, 2012, 2:26 am

I'm fine either way.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby DGFone » September 7th, 2012, 2:39 am

[quote="Regulus"]I suppose this would make sense. Although, to be fair, the fanfiction board could use quite a few improvements.[/quote]

So lets just wait then until we can compile a list of all of the changes that need to be done?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby Azdgari » September 7th, 2012, 2:52 am

What else are you guys thinking about?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To