Using previous memberHQ threads system

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Using previous memberHQ threads system

Postby Azdgari » September 3rd, 2012, 10:07 pm

So do you guys like chocolate chip muffins or blueberry? I'm a cc man myself...
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Shadowfax » September 3rd, 2012, 10:07 pm

[quote="Woeler1"][quote="Arani"]
sorry to come off this annoyed, but really, are 11 pages of arguments really necessary? :roll:[/quote]
Yes, because we want to solve this in a democratic way. There is no hate, this is an intelligent discussion.[/quote]

True. I don't think anything said has been classed as an 'argument' We are merely putting suggestions forward and giving ideas on how to help prevent spammers.

I like blueberry =D
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Woeler » September 3rd, 2012, 10:09 pm

It's actually pretty ridiculous how mods need approval of the community for their actions. I have never ever in my life been on a forum that had that kind of system.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Arani » September 3rd, 2012, 10:10 pm

[quote="Shadowfax"][quote="Woeler1"][quote="Arani"]
sorry to come off this annoyed, but really, are 11 pages of arguments really necessary? :roll:[/quote]
Yes, because we want to solve this in a democratic way. There is no hate, this is an intelligent discussion.[/quote]

True. I don't think anything said has been classed as an 'argument' We are merely putting suggestions forward and giving ideas on how to help prevent spammers.

I like blueberry =D[/quote]

x) Well sorry, but I classify this as arguments. Pointless arguments.
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Azdgari » September 3rd, 2012, 10:10 pm

[quote="Shadowfax"]
I like blueberry =D[/quote]
Really? I've never been big into them. As a morning thing, or more afternoon?
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Khanu » September 3rd, 2012, 10:11 pm

^ :lol:

Thirteen pages and we've made little progress. This must be how Congress works lol.

But on a serious note, why should we delete old topics? People might find them on Google searches in the future. I know I did. so why remove them forever?
Me: show

True Love: show
Khanu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Uncle Kuna, Kuny, KunaTuna
Pride Points: 25

Postby Tora » September 3rd, 2012, 10:12 pm

[quote="Regulus"]
Solution 4: Eliminate all member chat threads, and replace with a few general chat threads

Pros:
will completely eliminate many pointless threads from ever being created in the HQ
does not give mods more power

Cons:
???
[/quote]

Try

1. Elimination of freedom.
2. Suppress people to post in Lion King Related topics only.
3. Resentment towards staff.
4. Overall complete boredom on the forum.
5. Potential to cause members to leave.

I just want to come to a compromise that majority of people will be happy with. ;) The arguing is a bit out of hand yes, but that is exactly what happens in a democracy. :lol: I am not out to start arguments either, but lets try to come to a consensus about this. Doesn't this feel like Congress already? :chuckle:

[quote="Khanu"]This must be how Congress works lol.[/quote]
Ninja! I didn't hit post in time. 8-)
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby DGFone » September 3rd, 2012, 10:12 pm

[quote="Woeler1"]It's actually pretty ridiculous how mods need approval of the community for their actions. I have never ever in my life been on a forum that had that kind of system.[/quote]

There was already a time when the mods here acted against the approval of the general membership. It was not pretty. Seriously, guys, all of you. YES, YOU. All you guys are doing right now is bickering and spamming. Close this topic, move on, and wait. You don't need to repeat yourself another 500 times, you don't need to say something completely different. This is not Monty Python here.

So wait for Moka, and see what he will decide. This is his website, not yours.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » September 3rd, 2012, 10:13 pm

[quote]This must be how Congress works lol.[/quote]

[quote]Doesn't this feel like Congress already?[/quote]

Do they serve muffins in congress? Maybe if they did everyone would work together more...
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby Tabby » September 3rd, 2012, 10:16 pm

[quote="Woeler1"]It's actually pretty ridiculous how mods need approval of the community for their actions. I have never ever in my life been on a forum that had that kind of system.[/quote]

Not to mention that instead of taking the majority's opinion like a democratic thing, some of them just don't know what to do at all.

[quote="Tora"][quote="Regulus"]
Solution 4: Eliminate all member chat threads, and replace with a few general chat threads

Pros:
will completely eliminate many pointless threads from ever being created in the HQ
does not give mods more power

Cons:
???
[/quote]

Try

1. Elimination of freedom.
2. Suppress people to post in Lion King Related topics only.
3. Resentment towards staff.
4. Overall complete boredom on the forum.
5. Potential to cause members to leave.[/quote]

1LOL Start explainig from now how posting in a single thread will make you not feel free :c
2Make people post TLK related stuff... on a TLK forum.. Or leading them to post OT, Mmmm...
3You're the only one who would have resentment towards the staff for a litte action like this, lol.
4why?, if you get your posts in tlk forum, you can have all that ''fun'' you talk about, still if you don't feel entretained here you're free to leave to somewhere more funny.
5Or cause spammers not stay in mlk?

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To