An Idea

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

An Idea

Postby Regulus » July 30th, 2012, 7:12 am

Remember when we planned on having a 'MLK media group' to help KK out with the MLK radio and such?

Yeah, that didn't happen. But I really liked the idea. I've really enjoyed the MLK radio whenever we've had it, but that is, unfortunately, not very often. So, I started thinking, maybe I could do something.

But, I'm not going to do anything without you guys. :cool:

Since most of us here have Skype, I was thinking maybe there would be some interest in hosting an MLK podcast. If you don't know what a podcast is, think of it as like a radio talk show, or something. So, basically:

1 - Get on Skype. I would plan for this to be sometime next week, during MLK's most active hours. However, if possible, I would like to use TeamSpeak instead of Skype. TeamSpeak is a free voice-chat program, which I have found to be more reliable and have better sound quality than Skype.

2 - Talk about stuff. Remember those member interviews we never had? We could do that. We could announce the winners of the contests, and such. And, of course, we could discuss TLK related topics, in addition to any ideas anyone else has. Anything could go, really, as long as it's within the boundaries of the pridelands MLK rules.

3 - Record discussion.

4 - Upload to Youtube and post on MLK

5 - ???

6 - Profit!

I would like to be able to do this every month, although once I return to school I may be limited on time. For now, though, I could totally do this. It's really up to everyone else, to see how much interest there is.

Thoughts? Am I on to something, or am I just crazy? :P
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Re: An Idea

Postby DGFone » July 30th, 2012, 7:21 am

I really like the idea, except for one problem: What made MLK radio better than just a "MLK Group Chat" was that there was only one speaker, and there was a set plan for the show to follow. On the other hand, if everyone who get in can simply talk all they want, it will be just like the chatroom during said radios: chaos and nothing truly productive.

So if you know a way to limit it to where you, and maybe a few others, are talking, at least where there is a way to limit who is talking at any one moment, then by all means, give it a go! I will even help you out!

Of course, we will absolutely need to always start the show with a playlist of TLK songs. It's okay to vary the song selection and order, but without the songs, the radio is worthless. :P

But yeah, I will gladly help you out with the radio if there will be a way to avoid masses of people talking over each other.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » July 30th, 2012, 7:29 am

Well, I won't be able to add in TLK songs unless it's live, as that would put me in hot water for copyright infringement. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to run a livestream, and I'd like to be able to edit it as necessary, before I upload it.

But, an organized group chat is kinda what I was aiming for, but I'd only plan on having around 3 or 4 people. And if we're using TeamSpeak, I can pretty much control everything.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » July 30th, 2012, 8:04 am

3 or 4 people? Then why make a big announcement about it? Just PM them. :lol: With all due seriousness, I think it will be best to figure out how to be able to have a large amount of members be able to attend.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » July 30th, 2012, 9:32 am

Lol I think he means 3 or 4 AT A TIME. The following month there would be different members if possible and so on. Actually snowycheetah already bad this idea; we planned it but a problem was getting us both on at the same time for an hour or so and in the end I had to send him my talking bits and it got very unintuitive.

But your idea has something; simplicity! Record a group chat based around TLK, MLK and such and then upload it and I can deffinitely record / upload like used to for MLK Radio. Although IF you Livestream it, Livestream records and saves it on the site for you...

Anyway yeah I think it's a real good idea, if you want a hand with it, some ideas I have had for a while and such then let meh know.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Woeler » July 30th, 2012, 10:59 am

If I remember correctly therevare websites which can do this and they allow you to blend muic in. You can livestream and record it for later use. I will see if i can find that website. I really like the idea btw. And those interviews have to be done lol
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » July 30th, 2012, 11:05 am

I like the sound of this ^_^ Even though I'd be useless if I took part running it, it would be great to listen to the stuff you record! Hope this goes well for you guys, I think it'll be positive among the other members as well.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Woeler » July 30th, 2012, 11:35 am

Ah, I found the website http://www.spreaker.com/

It is really easy to use and it's interface is great. It allows you to live stream and save your podcasts for download or online listeners, and best of all.... IT IS FREE! I highly recommend you take a look at it, I believe that this is precisely what you need.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby Arani » July 30th, 2012, 5:37 pm

I would love to see MLK radio come back, but I think that it really should be a live stream. With everyone in the chatroom it makes it so much more fun. Maybe a live stream with those 3 or 4 people your mentioned joining you.

I'd be more than willing to help out with this. Maybe organize interviews or something? I also have TONS of free time even during the school year, so if things get busy I could help out some more? (I have absolutely no life what so ever. xD) Idk but if y'all need some help I could lend a hand. ^^
Arani

Pride Points: 56

Postby Tabby » July 30th, 2012, 7:14 pm

Well, me and Woeler have a sort of channel at livestream, so i think we could use it, no?, we sorted out how to make those interviews all in live on skype, and the quality of the sound seems to be pretty good, so what do you think?

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To