Brainstorming

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Brainstorming

Postby SlayerOfLight » June 21st, 2012, 12:43 pm

I mentioned it earlier already, but I feel the need to do it again here.

There should definately be a rule that newbies aren't allowed in the moderator team, untill they have been on MLK for at least a whole year. To me, and probally many others as well, it would be quite annoying to have newbies playing police-officer on members who have been on the forum way longer, and besides that, know the Forum alot better as well then they do.

Looking at what just happend recently, I know whitout doubt that this rule would keep MLK alot safer, and prevent the same crap from happening again.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Woeler » June 21st, 2012, 2:17 pm

[quote="Nicholas"]I mentioned it earlier already, but I feel the need to do it again here.

There should definately be a rule that newbies aren't allowed in the moderator team, untill they have been on MLK for at least a whole year. To me, and probally many others as well, it would be quite annoying to have newbies playing police-officer on members who have been on the forum way longer, and besides that, know the Forum alot better as well then they do.

Looking at what just happend recently, I know whitout doubt that this rule would keep MLK alot safer, and prevent the same crap from happening again.[/quote]

Bin Laden caused 9/11, all muslims are terrorists
Putin rules Russia, all Russians are commies
Stalin killed a lot of people, all atheists have no morals

and of course
Noah screwed it up, all people who haven't been here for a year can't be a mod

We don't need more generalizations in this world. Judge by words and actions, not by physical factors.
It's not about days, years or decades, It's about keeping this website running smoothly.
This one time thing does not prove people who haven't been here for a year can't mod. It proves that people with social issues can't mod.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby SlayerOfLight » June 21st, 2012, 3:20 pm

[quote="Woeler1"][quote="Nicholas"]I mentioned it earlier already, but I feel the need to do it again here.

Looking at what just happend recently, I know whitout doubt that this rule would keep MLK alot safer, and prevent the same crap from happening again.[/quote]

and of course

We don't need more generalizations in this world. Judge by words and actions, not by physical factors.
It's not about days, years or decades, It's about keeping this website running smoothly.
This one time thing does not prove people who haven't been here for a year can't mod. It proves that people with social issues can't mod.[/quote]

Yea you may have a point there, but still allowing new members to become mods shortly after they joined and somehow ''earned'' everyone's trust very quick, could result in the same mistake again. Maybe not all newbies would be bad mods, but we should learn from our mistakes and do ANYTHING not to make the same mistake twice.

only after like a year could you be fully sure if the new MLK member would be power-hungry or having any bad intensions to the forum or not.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Woeler » June 21st, 2012, 3:37 pm

[quote="Nicholas"][quote="Woeler1"][quote="Nicholas"]I mentioned it earlier already, but I feel the need to do it again here.

and of course

This one time thing does not prove people who haven't been here for a year can't mod. It proves that people with social issues can't mod.[/quote]

Yea you may have a point there, but still allowing new members to become mods shortly after they joined and somehow ''earned'' everyone's trust very quick, could result in the same mistake again. Maybe not all newbies would be bad mods, but we should learn from our mistakes and do ANYTHING not to make the same mistake twice.

only after like a year could you be fully sure if the new MLK member would be power-hungry or having any bad intensions to the forum or not.[/quote]

If someone presents themselves really nice and you don't see they are playing nice or lying (because this is the internet) you will still have problems. Social issues of people have nothing to do with the amount of time you spent here. If a person undergoes a change when he is a mod and that causes issues, that's not the fault of the one who chose the mod nor can you prevent it by a rule. It is unpredicatable, no matter how nice someone presents themselves. I get your point ''don't get morons on the team'' and I agree but they won't get chosen anyway if they present themselves like morons XD
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Previous

Return to Feedback & How-To