Brainstorming

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Brainstorming

Postby Azdgari » June 11th, 2012, 5:41 am

Yes, there seems to be a 13 year old that makes some irritating posts. I don't think we necessarily need to create a system for monitoring all future 13 year olds because of it, though.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby DGFone » June 11th, 2012, 5:45 am

Which is why we should have a filtering system in place. This way, 13 year olds who actually have something productive to say, such as Amanda when she joined, will be allowed in, while those who troll MLK will be quickly removed.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » June 11th, 2012, 6:22 am

Don't we already have a filtering system called moderators?
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 11th, 2012, 7:31 am

Then again, it's not the majority of 13 year olds who do it. I have seen posts that say 'excuse my spelling I'm 13', but I was spelling words right last year when I was 13.

Oooh, just noticed DGFone said this -
[quote="DGFone"]Which is why we should have a filtering system in place. This way, 13 year olds who actually have something productive to say, such as Amanda when she joined, will be allowed in, while those who troll MLK will be quickly removed.[/quote]
Amen
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby FlipMode » June 11th, 2012, 10:21 am

[quote="Azdgari"]Yes, there seems to be a 13 year old that makes some irritating posts. I don't think we necessarily need to create a system for monitoring all future 13 year olds because of it, though.[/quote]

Yeah, right now. But there have been other cases where the same thing has happened, and don't get it twisted, I am not generalising. There are some decent younger members whose posts I can actually read, but I think its enough of a problem to possibly have the staff consider some alternative method to ensure it happens less, at least.

And sometimes its older members who do the same thing, but more often it is younger ones, to be honest it does not really bother me personally anyway, but like I said, it does annoy other people and it ends up the younger member being called a troll and mocked by other members. Its not their fault, they don't know any better, but the fact is that it is a problem and unless something is implemented, its always going to continue to be a problem.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » June 11th, 2012, 3:52 pm

I guess I really just don't view it as a problem. Younger members are somewhat more likely to make more basic posts, although I can think of plenty of examples contrary. I think there's no point in giving them a specific filter system other than moderators who can scold them if need be. If members like that are trolled and mocked, that's our problem, not the young member's.
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby Regulus » June 11th, 2012, 3:54 pm

^ Thank you for having common sense. This is exactly why we have moderators to begin with.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Tora » June 11th, 2012, 3:58 pm

Maybe we should have an educational video for these troubled kids; so that they learn what the difference is between spam and a legitimate post. I remember when I was young on a different forum. I was always mad, because in my mind I was posting a legitimate post, but looking back I see that nope I wasn't. :lol:
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Regulus » June 11th, 2012, 4:01 pm

^ That's actually a good idea. I've always wanted to make a boring educational video. :)
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Panda-chan » June 12th, 2012, 7:55 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Which is why we should have a filtering system in place. This way, 13 year olds who actually have something productive to say, such as Amanda when she joined, will be allowed in, while those who troll MLK will be quickly removed.[/quote]
It's funny because I had nothing productive to say when I was thirteen lol.

I think there should be an IQ test for all new members. That way the stupid younger AND older members are excluded from joining.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To