An error occurred while loading this topic.

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: An error occurred while loading this topic.

Postby Regulus » March 27th, 2012, 1:03 am

^ 1.2 MB/s is about average. It's on the low end of "high speed" internet. One thing I have noticed, is that if I don't get a 504, it generally takes 5-15 seconds to load the page. If I try logging in at 5AM, the pages load in less than 2 seconds for me.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » March 27th, 2012, 1:08 am

[quote="Regulus"]^ 1.2 MB/s is about average. It's on the low end of "high speed" internet. One thing I have noticed, is that if I don't get a 504, it generally takes 5-15 seconds to load the page. If I try logging in at 5AM, the pages load in less than 2 seconds for me.[/quote]

I experience the same thing, where MLK around this time borders the unusable stage. I really think that it is on the MLK server's end for these reasons:

1. It only happens during peak hours when the most people request data from the servers
2. It started after the server host swap
3. Other, heavier websites still run fine even when MLK will spill out several 504s.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » March 27th, 2012, 1:22 am

Same for me. It's definitely the server.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Arani » March 27th, 2012, 1:48 am

I have been getting these errors frequently. I hope it's resolved soon!
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Noah » March 27th, 2012, 2:00 am

I actually just got one lol
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby DGFone » March 27th, 2012, 2:03 am

Probably the worst thing about this is that Moka is one of the few members not getting the errors. Might have been fixed if he got them as well.

Oh well, at least he knows about them. All it means is that he will have to rely on our input instead of being to test it out on his own machine.

Edit: Tried viewing a profile in a low-point for MLK, but still got a 504 several times. :x
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Moka » March 27th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Okay guys the new settings are in effect. Let me know how it turns out!
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » April 2nd, 2012, 5:38 am

Uhh...
It worked for a few days, an now it's back. At a low hour, too...
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Regulus » April 5th, 2012, 11:54 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Uhh...
It worked for a few days, an now it's back. At a low hour, too...[/quote]

Yup. It's back for me too now.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby FlipMode » April 9th, 2012, 1:55 pm

FWIW - I am not experiencing any problems, but the profile / UCP still seems to be a little slower than the rest of the site.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To