Removing the World Issues section

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby Azdgari » March 26th, 2012, 9:12 pm

Why are people posting about how dramatic this is? There was no drama except Woeler and Flip having a small skirmish, and that was a couple pages back. Otherwise, everything is fine, and the issue we were talking about is pretty much resolved anyway, or at least we resolved to create a new topic if anyone has further concerns. Half of the drama problem here is that whenever anything remotely confrontational happens, everyone has to drop by and derail everything by saying "oh no drama", "another day on MLK," "guys this is too dramatic it should be locked"
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Woeler » March 26th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Snce when is an argument drama? Is obama and Romney disagreeing a drama? No, so stop calling it a drama. I don't see on how we should change because the same forum rules apply to the the world issues as to the whole forum. If someone does something wrong I'm sure they will be banned or something like that. Saying "you're wrong" is not offensive nor an insult. Do we have a topic yet?

Btw WS it has turned out good for me so far. I'm pretty happy

[quote="Azdgari"]everyone has to drop by and derail everything by saying "oh no drama", "another day on MLK," "guys this is too dramatic it should be locked"[/quote]
Very good point indeed
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Noah » March 26th, 2012, 9:17 pm

Locked temporarily. I'm going to move the posts concerning this issue into a new thread and we can pick up where we left off.

Please continue where we left off :)
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Re: Removing the World Issues section

Postby DGFone » March 26th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Guys, come on, I expected better. I leave this topic to go to school, and I come back to see drama, personal attacks, off-topic drama, etc... Take a step back, breath in slowly, hands ff the keyboard... chill. And I don't think that posting image macros helps either, so close that page as well.

Now, if the World Issues section is removed, a lot of drama is inevitable by the people who liked it and posted in it regularly. If you keep it, someone's going to be mad. So whatever happens, someone gonna get mad. (Sounds like the real world)

The only thing I can recommend is what I suggested earlier: keep the section, but keep a closer eye on the individual topics and close them down if needed to be. Just because a topic or two collapsed into chaos doesn't mean that the whole project needs to be scrapped.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Noah » March 26th, 2012, 9:39 pm

[quote="Azdgari"]Why are people posting about how dramatic this is? There was no drama except Woeler and Flip having a small skirmish, and that was a couple pages back[/quote]
That would be what we are referring to. Also, it's never a good thing to let your personal life and member conflicts leak out onto the forum.

[quote="FlipMode"]Kay then my 2nd suggestion is an ignore feature, so I can ignore arrogant people and their posts.[/quote]
:ugh2:
Oh Flip *facepalm*

[quote="Woeler1"]Snce when is an argument drama?[/quote]
Since a member-to-member argument found its way into a public setting :roll:

And the last time we brought up the World Issues section in a staff meeting, everything was fine. So as of this time it isn't going anywhere.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Woeler » March 26th, 2012, 9:43 pm

@DGF i dont really care for the personal attack(flips),i hardly took it as an insult. Also this is not drama.

We are discussing and there is an obvious thing here. Remove it and a lot of people are mad. Keep it and some won't like it. Fact is that those people can stay away. If you don't like north korea, dont go there.
Last edited by Woeler on March 26th, 2012, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Postby WildSimba » March 26th, 2012, 9:45 pm

Yeah, as Noah said, the last time the staff had a chat, we decided on deleting the smarty pants section, and to just delete conversations that get to people fighting. There's really no reason to delete the world issues forum, because if there's an issue in it, we'll just get rid of it.

lol Woeler, this isn't North Korea. xD
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Woeler » March 26th, 2012, 9:47 pm

[quote="WildSimba"]Yeah, as Noah said, the last time the staff had a chat, we decided on deleting the smarty pants section, and to just delete conversations that get to people fighting. There's really no reason to delete the world issues forum, because if there's an issue in it, we'll just get rid of it.

lol Woeler, this isn't North Korea. xD[/quote]

Xd no I was saying that if you don't like (insert place) dont go there
Woeler

Postby DGFone » March 26th, 2012, 9:51 pm

[quote="WildSimba"]lol Woeler, this isn't North Korea. xD[/quote]
It may not be, but locking up everything you don't like is. So he may even have a point in comparing the two. Sometimes it's best to simply avoid trouble by yourself instead of shoving it under the carpet and pretending it's not there at the expense of others.

I really think that it will be a bad idea to lock down the World Issues section, is what it comes down to it.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Ozy » March 26th, 2012, 11:26 pm

Whatever ends up happening just remember to keep calm and ramble on

http://artofkellyjohnson.storenvy.com/
Instagram @artofkellyjohnson
Ozy
Ya like jazz?

I need you to let me touch it

Nickname(s): KJ
Pride Points: 26

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To