Removing the World Issues section

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Removing the World Issues section

Postby FlipMode » March 26th, 2012, 9:12 am

Close the World Issues forum.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby Noah » March 26th, 2012, 3:19 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Close the World Issues forum.[/quote]
Any reason in particular? :/
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby FlipMode » March 26th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Most of the threads inside it are not World Issues (Last I checked vegetarianism was a lifestyle choice) . The rare ones that actually are do not get any attention because... The thing with World Issues is that there is no scope for discussion, because as soon as they are up on the news, they are popular topics for like a second and then no one cares any more.

the only time I ever saw a World Issue being talked about for a decent amount of time was the whole SOPA thing, and even then it turned into a lets all bash the US government thread and now its over, the thdreas are never going to be posted in again.

Basically I just do not get why it exists. The threads the do actually belong there are so few and far between that they dont warrant an entire section.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Woeler » March 26th, 2012, 5:04 pm

I'm not going to counter on this here in this topic. I'm against it and pm me if you want to know.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby FlipMode » March 26th, 2012, 5:20 pm

I don't really give a [censored] what you think to be quite honest with you, because your are an arrogant douchebag. Go join a debating society or something, this thread is a place for people to leave their suggestions, and there is mine but as far as I know that does not entail criticising what other people suggest.

edit - that included trying to message me about it to, your sorry excuse for a [censored] stain.
FlipMode

Postby MalibuTrashDog » March 26th, 2012, 5:54 pm

I think the World Issues forum is also a waste of time and space.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Woeler » March 26th, 2012, 6:02 pm

oh goodie
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby DGFone » March 26th, 2012, 6:15 pm

How about a compromise? Instead of outright removing the Word Issues section, why not simply remove all the topics which are deemed to be in the wrong place? Yes, it will mean that the section will be much less active, but it will also leave the opportunity for a legitimate world issue topic to be created in a section reserved for such topics.

Jut my two cents.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Noah » March 26th, 2012, 6:21 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Most of the threads inside it are not World Issues (Last I checked vegetarianism was a lifestyle choice) . The rare ones that actually are do not get any attention because... The thing with World Issues is that there is no scope for discussion, because as soon as they are up on the news, they are popular topics for like a second and then no one cares any more.[/quote]
I find this ironic since you were the one who originally suggested that section. :P
Regardless, you make a good point, but it seems that renaming it makes more sense than deleting. Maybe call it something TLK-related like "Everything The Light Touches" or something.

[quote="Woeler1"]I'm not going to counter on this here in this topic. I'm against it and pm me if you want to know.[/quote]
The point of this being public is so you can counter on this topic. lol

[quote="FlipMode"]I don't really give a f--- what you think to be quite honest with you, because your are an arrogant d-------.[/quote]
Calm your Flippers, Flippy :P

[quote="FlipMode"]Go join a debating society or something, this thread is a place for people to leave their suggestions, and there is mine but as far as I know that does not entail criticising what other people suggest.[/quote]
Yes this place is to leave suggestions, but it's more of an open way of doing so.

[quote="Woeler1"]oh goodie[/quote]
I see what you did there :mhm:
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby DGFone » March 26th, 2012, 6:30 pm

[quote="Noah"]
Regardless, you make a good point, but it seems that renaming it makes more sense than deleting. Maybe call it something TLK-related like "Everything The Light Touches" or something.
[/quote]

Lol, as much as I like the sound of that, I don't think that will be a good idea. The only reason is that while "World Issues" you can guess what it is, "everything the light touches" is a vague phrase and will only lead to confusion as to what goes in and what does not.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To