MLK Gaming Clan

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

What consoles do you play ONLINE games on?

PC (or Mac)
43%
Playstation 3
33%
Xbox 360
10%
Wii
13%

Total votes : 30

Re: MLK Gaming Clan

Postby Woeler » January 9th, 2012, 10:24 pm

So Now that I've seen the poll I see that the majority plays either on PC or on PS3. My thoughts are that we should start with those.

What will I do:
I will start working on a web-page and I will send all of you (who replied to this topic) a pm asking you which games and what console you would like to use. I will get the info back and use that to see how many people play a specific game. After that I will be asking times you are able to play. The rest will follow because this will probably take a week or so.

PC

What do you need (PC)
-Skype, skype is a handy tool which you can use to (voice)chat. this is to my opinion the best tool for communicating while gaming.
-A stable INTERNET connection
-Games
-A brain (2nd hand is ok)

What would be handy:
-Xfire, gaming client and chat program. logs gaming hours.
-Steam, for team fortress 2 (and some other games too)
-A headset, voice chat is always easier than text chat.

Programs I will explain later (if needed):
-Garena
-Tunngle

There already is a Steam group called ''MyLionKing'', feel free to join it.

Playstation 3

Playstation 3 is easier than pc in terms of online gaming. All we need is to get everyone's PSN. I will get the times straight.
-headset is very useful

Other Consoles

Other consoles might be added later as we gather more members who play on these (Xbox360 and Wii)
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Woeler » January 13th, 2012, 9:42 am

Pm's will be send later today
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby FlipMode » January 13th, 2012, 9:52 am

So are we just giving our PSN ID, if we play that?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Timba » January 13th, 2012, 7:58 pm

flip u still playin gt5 btw? :lol: im starting to miss it hahah
Thanks for the avvie Flippeh ;p
Timba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

LUF YALL<3

Nickname(s): Timi
Pride Points: 6

Postby DGFone » January 13th, 2012, 8:10 pm

I am downloading the Starcraft II starter edition right now. I'm not the biggest fan of SC, but seeing as there is a free, albeit smaller, version, might as well try it out. I will later edit this post in a little while to say whether or not I recommend that others get it and play against each other.

Edit: Right, StarCraft 2: It didn't work. Won't even install properly My recommendation, don't get it. It's broken.
Last edited by DGFone on January 13th, 2012, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » January 13th, 2012, 9:32 pm

[quote="Timba"]flip u still playin gt5 btw? :lol: im starting to miss it hahah[/quote]

I still play GT5, occasionally.

[quote="DGFone"]I am downloading the Starcraft II starter edition right now. I'm not the biggest fan of SC, but seeing as there is a free, albeit smaller, version, might as well try it out. I will later edit this post in a little while to say whether or not I recommend that others get it and play against each other.[/quote]

Starcraft: the only game where your units can't move and shoot at the same time. :P
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » January 13th, 2012, 9:39 pm

^ Which is why I prefer Command and Conquer. In fact, I am playing Tiberian Sun right now. And guess what? It's out for free as well! :)
The only problem with it is that I never was able to get multi-player working. If I figure it out, I will gladly force everyone to download it and play it. :P

And being a 1999 2D game, even the weakest of laptops can run it (it runs on netbooks). Kane lives in death! Peace Through Power! (I am a GDI guy though)
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Regulus » January 13th, 2012, 9:51 pm

Screw Kane. I build for CHINA! :)
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » January 13th, 2012, 10:03 pm

^ Generals fan? But Generals ain't free, so people here will have to buy it.
Tiberian Sun in my opinion is the best RTS out there! :)
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » January 13th, 2012, 11:38 pm

[quote="Timba"]flip u still playin gt5 btw? :lol: im starting to miss it hahah[/quote]

Yeah man! Got a wheel set up for it, its amazing! Its like a completely different game now ^^
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To