Prides

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Prides

Postby Misiziri » September 3rd, 2011, 5:47 am

I have a few silly suggestions, but will state them nonetheless. Feel free to critique...

A: The "Doorbell" feature. I don't view it as completely fair to be prohibited from viewing other Prides. I think perhaps someone can come into a pride by "ringing the doorbell."

Either through PMs or something: "_______ has rung the doorbell! Allow _______ to come in?" If you're looking to switch prides, you must know which one will suit you best!

And I believe, and this was brought to my attention by DragonStar, the Pride leaders should create ranks/titles to achieve after posting a certain number of times OR for winning quizzes, etc. But I don't think there should be set ranks. I think you should let the leader create about 5-15 ranks. So when someone accomplishes something, they don't get a default rank but can choose from around 3.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby WildSimba » September 3rd, 2011, 5:50 am

I'm not sure about the possibility of the Doorbell feature, and I'm not sure about the Custom titles. I think changing Custom Titles is something you can only do in the Admin Panel, and a feature only Global Mods and Admins should be able to use.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Misiziri » September 3rd, 2011, 5:52 am

Oh, you're right :think: I wonder if he could change that, only for Prides though? Hm. Whatever is conveniant for you, Moka, if you read this.

Perhaps it wouldn't be a default feature, a user could manually just PM and the leader of the Pride can open some sort of little door to whoever wanted to browse.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Moka » September 3rd, 2011, 6:10 am

It's not possible to let a member edit another member's title. That can and should only be done by staff through the ACP, as WS said.

I don't mind the idea of the doorbell feature. Leaders could temporarily allow members to view (not post in) the pride forum. Seems reasonable.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Misiziri » September 3rd, 2011, 6:11 am

Oh, darn. Okay, so default ranks it would be? Still sounds like a golden deal to me.

Okay, glad you approve.
Misiziri

Postby FlipMode » September 3rd, 2011, 3:43 pm

[quote="Moka"]Sorry >.<

As far as how I would implement it: I would create a new usergroup for each pride and assign the group leader(s) as the pride leader(s). He or she or they will then be able to manage the members on their own with the staff's supervision. We want to give freedom to the pride leaders, but we don't want anyone feeling left out if they didn't do anything wrong :P Each pride forum would have permissions set up so that only members of the group may enter the forum.[/quote]

Sounds pretty ideal ^^.
As for limiting the number of prides on the board at any one time. I was thinking a maximum of 3-5? However if there are no posts within one over a period of time, it could be removed (even if just temporarily).
OH and how about, in order to start one, someone must A) have a certain number of posts (But you can join one at any number) and B) Already have at least 2 members whom have agreed to join it, then they could PM the staff once they have met both those requirements? That way you would not have any inactive ones, since each one would have three members by minimum. =)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » September 3rd, 2011, 7:31 pm

Post count requirements... *shakes head*
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby WildSimba » September 3rd, 2011, 7:43 pm

I think as far as requirements go, Warning requirements sound like they'd work best.

As far as post count requirements go, I think it'd be better to work off of the quality of their posting, over the amount of posts they have. Because someone can have a 8,000 posts, but does that mean every single one of them is meaningful and well thought out, but yet someone can have 100 posts, and have meaning to every single one of them.

And I tend to agree more with the meaningful posts, over the spam.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FlipMode » September 3rd, 2011, 8:01 pm

Well, okay then.
FlipMode

Postby FlipMode » November 6th, 2011, 12:29 am

Any kind of update on this, at all? Seemed like it was going ahead at one point, but its gone suspiciously quiet since then o.o
FlipMode

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To