Prides

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Prides

Postby Ushujaa » November 29th, 2011, 2:51 am

Just was sort of looking through this and i'd like to bump it because it seemed like it was a good idea about to be set in motion.

Edit: after thinking about it for a little bit, i had an interesting idea... If this were to be set in motion and every so often we had little contests between prides we might want to have catagories

maybe we could use the old awards like

Role Playing Pride of (Insert date here)
Story Telling Pride of ( Insert date here)
Artist Pride of (Insert date here)

and in order to set requirements for those nominations at least X amount of members of the pride must have done X in order to qualify for this award.

^ might promote member activity.

Another thought I had because I'm a nerd and play magic the gathering

Well there's a format in magic called 2 headed giant where 2 players group up in order to win the game against another 2 players

how does this relate?

What if two prides were to join forces so to speak in order to make it fair to the prides that don't have as many members. this way if one pride just happens to have a lot of members the smaller prides can work together with another pride to still get the award.

Just a quick thought on that though...
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Postby KingKivuli » November 29th, 2011, 3:18 am

more contests... would more than likely produce more of a popularity contest and if one pride wins constantly then.. well lets just say i see drama on the horizon instead how about something along the lines of this:

Each of the MLK mods are made head of a pride. each pride helps look after and run a part of the forum

for example WS is in charge of the welcoming pride. anyone in his group are to help make newcomers feel welcome while ivan is defence pride and those people are the only that report/point out and alert staff to issues

just a general idea, this way the members are involved with the running and safety of mlk as a whole while still being able to have fun

if each pride has its own sub forum as well they could hold pride only contests/games etc
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 29th, 2011, 3:27 am

This is sounding a lot like the usergroups, which already have people sorted into groups. Usergroups can also have heads of each group, which are supposed to sort of be in charge or something along those lines of each group. Perhaps the existing usergroups could have their own sections, and thus host their own games/contests, or something along the lines of that. Making prides when usergroups already exist and are heavily used for the intended purpose seems redundant and potentially confusing.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby KingKivuli » November 29th, 2011, 3:33 am

it sounds like the user groups maybe but its something entirely different. nto asking for colours or special symbols but allows members to be involved more in the running of things another example

if i was head of a pride id make it ... er.. entertainment pride since i run the awards and what not. having members to help me set up music, research interesting and fun stories for the radio and help me organise the awards would be good for me AND involving for them all the while no one is taking away their freedom, if they want to join they can, if they want to leave they can
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Postby Ushujaa » November 29th, 2011, 3:36 am

[quote="StormySeethe"]This is sounding a lot like the usergroups, which already have people sorted into groups. Usergroups can also have heads of each group, which are supposed to sort of be in charge or something along those lines of each group. Perhaps the existing usergroups could have their own sections, and thus host their own games/contests, or something along the lines of that. Making prides when usergroups already exist and are heavily used for the intended purpose seems redundant and potentially confusing.[/quote]

I think this is kind of what we already have, each usergroup has a sub forum. But changing the heads of the usergroup is an idea to make it more member interactive and the heads of each group should be able to come up with fun ideas for the members of their group to participate in.

Ushujaa
Dreamer

Postby KingKivuli » November 29th, 2011, 3:40 am

hmmmm changing the user groups round to make them more involving for the members could work and a leader (mod or member MAYBE) has the rights to invite people in or ask them to leave the group (hopefully not) but i will say this if members want to be in charge of a group it will be down to the staff and staff only to pick who. the last time we let members vote for a leader position all hell broke loose
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby Ushujaa » November 29th, 2011, 3:53 am

[quote="KingKivuli"]hmmmm changing the user groups round to make them more involving for the members could work and a leader (mod or member MAYBE) has the rights to invite people in or ask them to leave the group (hopefully not) but i will say this if members want to be in charge of a group it will be down to the staff and staff only to pick who. the last time we let members vote for a leader position all hell broke loose[/quote]

As i told you in WLM (just for everyone else to see it) i don't think it's a good idea for people to be able to kick other people out of a usergroup that should be a decision left up to the mods (we may not even need to do this)

Ushujaa
Dreamer

Postby KingKivuli » November 29th, 2011, 3:54 am

fair enough, especially if someone gets power hungry.. ive been there not a pretty site dont want anyone else to suffer the after effects
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 29th, 2011, 3:57 am

[quote="KingKivuli"]fair enough, especially if someone gets power hungry.. ive been there not a pretty site dont want anyone else to suffer the after effects[/quote]

True that.

And although usergroups are not exactly what is being sought, perhaps the way usergroups are used and configured here can be altered to fill the purpose?

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Ushujaa » November 29th, 2011, 3:58 am

[quote]
And although usergroups are not exactly what is being sought, perhaps the way usergroups are used and configured here can be altered to fill the purpose?[/quote]

I've been thinking about that and talking to KK about it in WLM a bunch

Ushujaa
Dreamer

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To