(Suggestion) Rules

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: (Suggestion) Rules

Postby Azdgari » July 19th, 2010, 2:41 am

I've edited this post so much xD

I would say that if you leave over a misunderstanding and choose to take drama over a simple PM to clarify with the staff, then that's your problem, not the staff's. The staff put in an obnoxious amount of hours for our sake so that this forum exists. Does anyone honestly have the right to be angry when they make one call you don't agree with? They're doing their best, and they're doing it for you.

WS, I'm not saying the above is you, in fact I'll happily say that you're a wonderful member who is incredibly civil and well spoken, and frankly if everybody conducted themselves like you when they disagreed with things, well, none of those topics would've ever happened.

I agree--address the legality and the fanfictions (although as a frequent fanfic reader I've never seen a problem with that, but I understand it was before my time). Your language idea was a great one--what exactly are the rules for board language? Where is the line drawn? Is it different in Fanfics?

I agree there are a few things to be revised, but we don't need rules for every possibility or little thing that pops up every few months--isn't that what the mods are for?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby KingKivuli » July 19th, 2010, 2:57 am

WS im going to have to ask you to calm down

your going on about making rules for every single part of the forum. something like that takes time that does not need to be taken as the universal rules covers all that needs to be covered everything else is common sense, and if something is out of place , members like yourself flag them and we deal with it or we actually see it ourselves

as for the illegal stuff, that got sorted with quickly, the matter never pressed anywhere bad or out of place so i see no issue to attend with unless links were actually provided

back to my first point, its common sense again and if you dont even have an idea to suggest improvement please dont rant on over it. and damn is not a bad word in my opinion theres no harm in it

finally i do not like your tone in the final paragraph. being a mod or admin is not all fun and games and im not happy your accusing us for people leaving. we do this of our own free will. i could just leave it right now and save myself alot of work and stress but i wont cause i love mlk and its members to death and want to help. as for us not stating rules all rules are either stated in the universal rules, a thread made or again.. COMMON SENSE
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby WildSimba » July 19th, 2010, 2:59 am

As I said before, it's hard to go into specifics. Especially considering no one else will. I'm not the only one that should be giving specifics here. If I knew absolutely what to do, I would of said it. I've given an opinion on what could be done for Fan-Fics. The only think I know I'd like to be added is

* something about not being allowed to reffer or talk about illegal material in the Universal Rules.

And the staff guidelines I can't really suggest anything but saying if it's not in there, it should be. I wasn't posting this topic to make it to be offensive against the staff. I know they do hard work to do their jobs, but does this really mean that they shouldn't be open for improvement.

And I agree with the Staff/Member complying thing. But that could only work if the rules are stated clearly enough. I mean, it's kind of scrambled when 1 staff member tells you it's okay to have that topic, and 1's saying it's wrong, and all the rest are off somewhere else.

So perhaps I don't understand 100% what I want, but I didn't only make this thread for me. I've made this thread for everyone to reply to and suggest, and disagree with upon opinion.

EDIT: I'm 100% calm right now. And there's nothing in the rules against ranting, sorry if you can't take critism that lightly. That's not my problem. I only said that, because it is the truth. If you don't enforce the rules correctly enough, and people act out of line, eventually it will get scrambled and people will leave. Some people that leave directly blame the staff in the threads in fact, if you look sometimes.

And this thread is only to suggest stuff, so maybe we should keep on topic as to what the matter is to be discussed, instead of saying a bunch of stuff against eachother. I really only am suggesting some more rules to be added/revised. It's not supposed to escalade to this, really.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Mike » July 19th, 2010, 3:04 am

[quote="KingKivuli"]finally i do not like your tone in the final paragraph. being a mod or admin is not all fun and games and im not happy your accusing us for people leaving. we do this of our own free will. i could just leave it right now and save myself alot of work and stress but i wont cause i love mlk and its members to death and want to help.[/quote]
Not that KK means to imply that people who leave the staff don't love MLK to death and don't want to help.

WS, I think that everything you've mentioned actually is in the universal rules under the section about appropriate and in good taste. That leaves the judgment calls to the staff, which is as it should be. They're the ones in charge, and they shouldn't be tied into knots with special rules for different places, or special rules for different subjects or anything of the sort. The staff will decide what's inappropriate, and then remove it, that's their job, not ours.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby WildSimba » July 19th, 2010, 3:06 am

Yes Mike, but as I've said, is it really fair if a rule is not enforced enough, and suddenly they get a warning, not even knowing that what they did was wrong?
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Postby Mike » July 19th, 2010, 3:09 am

I think that members have enough common sense to know what's appropriate for a cubby friendly, 13+ Disney themed website. I don't have that much sympathy for people that break those standards. I'd assume though, that the staff wouldn't give a warning out straight up, but approach the member in PM to explain the problem. That way everyone wins.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Azdgari » July 19th, 2010, 3:09 am

[quote="WildSimba"]Yes Mike, but as I've said, is it really fair if a rule is not enforced enough, and suddenly they get a warning, not even knowing that what they did was wrong?[/quote]
Then they got a warning, and they know it's wrong... isn't that what a warning is?
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby WildSimba » July 19th, 2010, 3:10 am

Yes, but apparantly everyone, including the staff thought asking for illegal material was alright. Was that not warning-worthy?
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Postby WildSimba » July 19th, 2010, 3:11 am

[quote="Azdgari"][quote="WildSimba"]Yes Mike, but as I've said, is it really fair if a rule is not enforced enough, and suddenly they get a warning, not even knowing that what they did was wrong?[/quote]
Then they got a warning, and they know it's wrong... isn't that what a warning is?[/quote]

Not official warnings, when it's staring at you everytime you click your profile.
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Postby Azdgari » July 19th, 2010, 3:12 am

I'm wiling to bet if you PM them civilly and explain you didn't know what you did was wrong and apologize, then they'd remove it---and is there even a warning thing on your profile? I certainly can't find it, but perhaps I'm a bit thick xD
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To