Ask The Character Threads - (suggestion)

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Ask The Character Threads - (suggestion)

Postby Mike » July 18th, 2010, 9:23 pm

My suggestion was that we clear away the red tape and put the purpose of a thread as the priority, rather than letting it be frustratingly ignored by it's creator for months.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Moka » July 18th, 2010, 9:30 pm

WS: We do have some specific rules in specific forums. We realize that one set of rules cannot cover everything in every section, but we also realize the need for a base set of rules that are universal to the site.

Mike: I think the new way these ask the character topics are being implemented will solve that problem. Do you see this problem anywhere else in the forum?
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby WildSimba » July 18th, 2010, 9:33 pm

I myself do not see a problem anywhere else. And the rule thing perhaps I can make another topic to we can discuss it a little more freely without being off topic. Like specific forums instead of you guys asking for examples. LOL

But if I do see a problem anymore, I'm not going to be afraid to point it out. :)
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Moka » July 18th, 2010, 9:42 pm

I've made a pole for voting over this new possible change: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10215
Please vote and/or share your thoughts!
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby KiarasMate » July 18th, 2010, 11:00 pm

*sighs hopelessly*

Well, for what it's worth, I agree with you WS and Mike. I really feel as though SM was justified in making her threads, as it was clear that Amanda had abandoned her thread ages ago and it shouldn't have to take a PM from a staff member (to which I'm curious what precisely was stated in it), to get a member to post in their own thread. As you stated Moka, this all comes down to the Universal Rules but clearly even you could see that even though the topic was being posted in, it wasn't actually going anywhere because the creator of the thread wasn't responding. These threads aren't like any other threads where they can prosper if the thread creator chooses never to post in them again and it just seemd blatantly obvious that SM wanted the Ask Simba Thread and Amanda had ignored her's for over half a year. >.> How is someone supposed to pM someone who perhaps, has a personal grudge against them, and ask if they can have their thread? That really wouldn't work in my honest opinion. With that said though, it's clear that the Staff here have made up their mind, so I won't bother going into anymore detail, as I doubt it would make a difference whatsoever. I just had to say that I agree with most of the points WS brought up, as well as Mike.

On a small side note, I really don't think you should be encouraging posts like the one Shade made Snowy. Your a Staff Member, are you not? This person clearly doesn't give a damn about this topic as they didn't even read my initial post, so why agree with someone who has such a jaded opinion? I think that was in poor taste. Sorry. Just had to mention that.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 20th, 2010, 1:04 am

I personally don't agree with this idea.. That would indeed make the ask a character threads more organized, but isn't that taking things too seriously? They're just games, and most of them as just simple theories. Plus, anyone can hand over a thread to another person if the original owner agrees, so I don't really see the problem. I could be wrong though.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Panda-chan » July 20th, 2010, 1:14 am

^ Agreed
As I said earlier, this is kind of pointless. Besides, if I ever held a grudge against any member, I wouldn't let it affect my behavior towards them on an issue like this. But if they really feel that nervous to talk to me, it wouldn't take long for them to PM a mod to ask me instead. I really don't see the problem with the current system, and adding further rules as everyone else said further complicates things. :O
Also, that's kind of rude what you said about Shade. =\ He may have been rude, but that gives you no reason to be rude back. Anyway, how is Snowy "encouraging" any of Shade's behavior? He simply told him to be a little less harsh lol..
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby WildSimba » July 20th, 2010, 1:16 am

[quote="Amanda"]^ Agreed
As I said earlier, this is kind of pointless. Besides, if I ever held a grudge against any member, I wouldn't let it affect my behavior towards them on an issue like this. But if they really feel that nervous to talk to me, it wouldn't take long for them to PM a mod to ask me instead. I really don't see the problem with the current system, and adding further rules as everyone else said further complicates things. :O
Also, that's kind of rude what you said about Shade. =\ He may have been rude, but that gives you no reason to be rude back. Anyway, how is Snowy "encouraging" any of Shade's behavior? He simply told him to be a little less harsh lol..[/quote]

Actually, what he said was he agrees, but he wouldn't say it in those words. But everyone should also be allowed their own opinion.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Azdgari » July 20th, 2010, 1:41 am

I think KM was talking about Shade's initial, more disrespectful posts:

[quote="Shade"]wow lol...Aren't you kind of making a really big deal out of this? Chill out man - it's just a Lion King forum. If you want possession of a certain thread just ask whoever made it if they can give it to you (:[/quote]

[quote="Shade"]Uhh..what? o.O Fountain of caringness ? yeh..you caught me. I actually didn't bother reading alot of that post. I was only suggesting you stop whining about something so unimportant. But I'm not looking for a fight so w/e I'm out. >.>[/quote]
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby KiarasMate » July 20th, 2010, 1:44 am

I probably shouldn't have dropped to Shade's level but given his response to my initial post, I don't regret what I said in return, seeing as he openly admited to not even reading the entirety of the point of this thread before making his own post. that's just plain stupid to me. Yes, everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but only if they've actually read the topic in question thoroughly.

As for Snowy, well, even acknowledging someone who posts like that, especially given Shade's previous posts, just seems like their encouraging their behavior and being a mod, someone whose supposed to prevent stuff like that from happening, it doesn't seem appropriate in my opinion. Again though, that's just my opinion and nothing more.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To