Pokémon GO!

Re: Pokémon GO!

Postby moonsugar33 » July 24th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Oh, any game that crashes more than five times a day isn't very good. But as long as they're aware of what needs fixing and they're working on it or at least thinking about it, I'm happy for now. Time will tell.

Edit: Somehow messed up a word and didn't realise??
Last edited by moonsugar33 on July 30th, 2016, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Carl » July 29th, 2016, 9:13 pm

I find the game enjoyable enough, but I don't get why everyone likes it as much as they do. Maybe that's just because I never have the time/energy to leave the house except for to go to work and the store and as such run out of Pokeballs all the time and all of my Pokémon have low CP (my strongest is barely over 300). It's fun, but like most phone games/apps, for me it's mostly just something to do in passing. We are going for a walk tomorrow to look for Pokémon, though, so y'know.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Tsuki » July 29th, 2016, 9:15 pm

I still need this Game :oops:. My phone won't download it.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 30th, 2016, 11:03 am

Pokemon Go is honestly best in groups, it's the most fun I've had in ages trolling people by letting them take our gyms and then sneakily adding more back in while the gym is down so you can watch them be outraged I mean FAIR PLAY, GOODNESS SOMEONE FIX THOSE SERVERS.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Sigurd » July 31st, 2016, 10:20 pm

I started playing a couple of days ago. I've reached level 13. Still annoyed that it doesn't work all the time.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby moonsugar33 » August 1st, 2016, 6:29 am

I'm so annoyed at the update. I can understand removing the pawprint system for aesthetic purposes/to not confuse newbies while they fix it, but they also removed the ability to select an individual Pokémon from the Nearby list; meaning you can't use the compass method to track them either. The box still flashes green though. AURGH. And blocking out third-party tracking websites just adds insult to injury at this point.

I also massively dislike the way they bolded all the Pokemon names now, and the graphical changes to Pokéballs (they look so cheap and flimsy!). They got rid of the XP bonuses for good throws, as well. What's even the point of that?

I will grant it three positives in that it's faster to transfer Pokémon, it's kind of cool you can edit your avatar (even if the choices are extremely limited) and the app itself is way faster on the whole, but I'm still very unimpressed.

It's disappointing they've angered/alienated the community so much. Morale and excitement and team spirit was so high in the first week :c
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby KopsTheTerminator » August 2nd, 2016, 3:50 am

^ Well, it didn't take long for this to go downhill lol. It's a mobile game so I'm not surprised in the slightest, the lowest of low seems to come from mobile devs a lot (and sadly the mobile phenomenon is leaking into other gaming platforms as well). :ehh:

Wonder if I can still run the app without updating but I doubt it. Funny how instead of just doing basic bugfixing they decide to remove features instead, and unrelated ones to the bugs themselves at that...

At the game's current stage I didn't consider the trackers as cheating though I didn't personally install one. What could you do when the Nearby feature was broken?

I'm just glad I didn't spend a dime on this game because from some rants from the community make it sound like the game seems to have been purposely made harder now so people will buy up more Pokeballs, which wouldn't surprise me if it's true. God, mobile games are a joke. There isn't even enough content yet to justify spending so much money on just Pokeballs... People did bring out some valid criticisms as well, such as the game punishing you for leveling up so you need more and more Pokeballs just to catch the simplest of things. I also think the battling system is a bit meh (when the gyms decide to work at all) and outside of trying to find Pokemon completely blind and trying to capture gyms there just isn't much to do.

But hey, new update also added more specified warnings about distractions so they can protect their asses from being sued. Rejoice! Least we know what their priorities are. :cheese:
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » August 3rd, 2016, 11:38 am

Am I the only one who thinks it actually makes sense to remove broken features of a game while you work on fixing them so as to not confuse players?
That makes sense to me to be honest.
As for them making it harder... Well yes that's how developers make money on free to play games, you can get past the first levels fairly quick but then it becomes a massive grind fest unless you pay to speed it up. That's not a new thing, free to play games have been that way for years.

If a game is free then it's free but if it's free to play with optional in app purchases, you can bet it's been designed for you to eventually need to buy them.

All that's really happening here is the nostalgia and Pokemon brand and characters are beginning to fade away and people are now starting to see the actual game that lies under those proverbial curtains, and that game has barely any content and just isn't very fun to play the little content that is there. Something that I've been criticising the game for since the day it came out.
I'm not going to say to everyone "Told you so" but you know... I did tell you so.

The major problem is that the game was rushed to release with barely any features. I mean come on, you really can't release a Pokemon game in 2016 with not battling or trading, not even having to weaken the Pokemon before you catch them and no actual training of the Pokemon themselves either. Not when we've just had ORAS and Sun/Moon are only a few months away. Why would anyone bother with GO?
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby KopsTheTerminator » August 3rd, 2016, 1:57 pm

I don't care about the 3 steps being removed considering I never even got to play the game before they became bugged in the first place. I do find it amusing how they seem to devote more time sending C&Ds to people trying to find a workaround for the broken tracking system than, you know, actually fixing the broken tracking system first. I didn't use the trackers really so it's not really a loss for me and if it helps reducing server overload I'm happy but clearly this upset a lot of people who didn't live in urban areas and trackers were the only way they could play the game and find more interesting encounters than damn Pidgeys.

It's not a new thing, and I'm not surprised in the slightest. It does make for scummy business practice though and the thing is even if you pay up for more Pokeballs there's no guarantee you'd even catch Pokemon in the first place if they constantly escape because of the ever increasing catch rates as you level up, so both free and paying players are pretty screwed over currently.

And honestly, I've been playing Pokemon games since I was a kid. I've been noticing the lack of content compared to the games since Day 1 of playing the damn game, and I hardly think I'm the only one. It doesn't mean people can't have fun with it though, it's a fun concept and with more features added it could be pretty damn cool. Definitely should have been delayed until they'd had more features in it though.

Though honestly I'm not too upset about the update personally. The game is fun in a group regardless of current difficulties, but hey, gotta call devs out on their BS as well.

I still wish I was Team Valor

;A;
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Marizzle » August 27th, 2016, 8:36 pm

I've just realized I had never posted on this thread, how even!

Anyway, as some of you might've already noticed, either by my posts or one of my signatures, I'm seriously loving this game. As a "loyal Pokénerd", I had been waiting for its release since the very first day it was announced and, IMO, the wait was definitely worth it. I love the dynamics of this game and the way it encourages people to get outdoors, walk, exercise and socialize. Obviously, it's important to keep things safe. :)

I'm currently in Level 15 (nearly 16) and I'm a member of Team Mystic. :cheese:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

PreviousNext

Return to The Den