Zelda

Zelda

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 10th, 2016, 5:11 am

Im a fan of fantasy and medieval stuff, Im trying to learn more about what my boyfriend likes, he likes Zelda, and I know there is so much Zelda out there, and if I wanted to learn the world of Zelda where would I start? can someone point me in the right direction?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: Zelda

Postby Elton John » July 10th, 2016, 8:30 am

A good first zelda game for beginners...

-a link to the past for 2D zelda games
-ocarina of time for 3d zelda games

I love majoras mask but do not recommend it to beginners of the franchise. Zelda 1 and 2 nes are good but i'd play alttp first. Links awakening can be substituted for alttp.

The only zelda game I hate is phantom hourglass ds.

A link between worlds is very good too.

Hyrule warriors is a dynasty warriors type zelda spinoff. The 3ds version needs the newest 3ds remodel to run properly. Triforce heroes and four swords adventure titles are meant for multiplayer.

Twilight princess and the wind waker are good. Skyward sword has good mixed with a lot of stuff i did not like.

The minish cap is decent for beginners. The two oracle games on the gbc are not beginner friendly but still good.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Zelda

Postby moonsugar33 » July 17th, 2016, 12:36 pm

Personally I'd say just start with Ocarina of Time. It's an amazing game that's accessible to people of all age levels while still providing a surprising level of complexity, and the game is HUGE but that's definitely not a bad thing. It's got a really good story that you'll totally connect to, and you can waste hours running around doing random stuff and having fun!

You can either play it on a computer (the original version) on an emulator, in which case I'd recommend getting a USB N64 controller knockoff from eBay- this way you'll play it as it was intended, and it's an interesting little window into what games were like back then. It definitely still holds up today as a good game. Emulators also have the benefit of being able to save your game literally at any time, which can be helpful for cheaty workarounds if you get stuck (you probably will) or want to skip cutscenes because you keep dying (you probably will, but that just happens in games!)

Otherwise, you can buy it for 3DS, which is cool for several reasons:
1) you can watch cutscenes and play in 3D, which is a really fun gimmick that really makes the art pop
2) you can take it with you and play it anywhere you like
3) The game has been remastered with really nice modern graphics, while still staying true to the original look of the game! Some things have also been added to make it a little easier to play than the original.

If you don't have a 3DS and can't afford one, you could probably buy a 2DS, which is cheaper. 3DSs are worth the price though. They come with a lot of other cool software that's also tons of fun.

So, in summary, I think you should play Ocarina of Time on either the computer or the 3DS. Either platform is a good choice!
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Return to The Den