Final Fantasy 15.

Final Fantasy 15.

Postby Elton John » March 31st, 2016, 4:40 am

Oh my sweet heavenly mufasa in the clouds, I haven't desired a game like this in ages.

So according to the conference today, there will be a new demo tonight that's not tied to a preorder, a five ep anime series, a full cgi film that takes place during the events of the game, an ios game based on the big ff15 minigame, etc.

And the game, how awesome does it look? So awesome. There's also this gorgeous cover of 'stand by me' by john lennon in the game done by I forgot who.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Final Fantasy 15.

Postby DGFone » March 31st, 2016, 5:33 am

Visuals don't make a good game. I would rather be hesitant over excited due to the latest track record of FF.

But mostly, "Stand by Me" was covered by John Lennon, but was originally performed by Ben E King. I mean, come on man, give a guy some credit! :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » March 31st, 2016, 6:06 am

Did I say anything about the visuals? When I say something looks awesome I typically mean 'this looks super fun to play' , I was talking about the gameplay. I have played the two previous demos and I enjoyed them and will be sinking my teeth into the new one tomorrow.

Oh and sorry. I guess this is another whitney houston / dolly parton situation where one singer is more famous for a song they didn't create. (Song being 'i will always love you')
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » March 31st, 2016, 6:21 am

Why does it have to be the 30th Sep? I've been waiting almost a decade for this game and now it's finally coming out and I'll be away when it does! Ah well, you win some you loose some.
Yeah I'm really looking forward to it, I won't be able to play it until about a month after it comes out now but... Honestly I don't think it can possibly live up to the hype at this point but I really hope it does. I hope this game will be the one that really gets the FF series back into its hay day again.

I love the look of the combat and gameplay. I don't really like turn based combat, one of the things I love about Kingdom Hearts is the real time combat, so if this will be anything like that then I'm sure I will love it.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Elton John » March 31st, 2016, 6:27 am

I didn't hate ff13 but I didn't love it either. The FF franchise always experiments with new games and ff15 isn't an exception.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby FlipMode » March 31st, 2016, 6:32 am

Yeah I was the same with 13, it was just okay really but "okay" was really below my expectation for it. I think getting too caught up in the hype for games can make even a good game seem disappointing so I'm just kind of waiting patiently for FF15 this time. I won't be able to play it until around a month later on from release anyway so yeah.

Good on SE, though. With KH3 finally making progress, FF7 remake and FF15 finally being released it seems like they're finally listening to their fans. This could really be a renaissance for them :D
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » March 31st, 2016, 6:36 am

Don't forget star ocean 5 and the new nier game! SO5 is already out in japan and coming to america on my birthday :D

Also I know it's more the eidos side of square enix but deus ex mankind divided will probably be awesome too.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby FlipMode » March 31st, 2016, 6:44 am

Yeah definitely! Great year for gamers this year. So this game was supposed to originally be related to FF13, I wander if the links in the story will still be there or if the name change signifies that they want this to be its own thing? I think they want 15 to be its own thing and (assuming it's popular) to have its own sequels and spin off games.
FlipMode

Postby Elton John » March 31st, 2016, 6:50 am

Yeah, i am preordering the deluxe version soon cause' it comes with a blu ray of the cgi film.

I know you said you don't like turn based but dragon quest 7-8 3ds are finally coming to america! There's also a strong chance that dq11 will release outside of japan too!

I love those games.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Ultra Fox » April 29th, 2016, 9:21 pm

FF 15 is my most hyped game of the year. It looks amazing! :D
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Next

Return to The Den