Pokémon Sun & Moon confirmed for 2016!

Re: Pokémon Sun & Moon confirmed for 2016!

Postby Marizzle » November 23rd, 2016, 6:57 pm

I have just got my copy of Pokémon Sun! At the moment, I have Rowlet, Pichu and Pikipek in my team. :D
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Carl » November 23rd, 2016, 7:03 pm

My team has changed so many times, lol.

Currently have Lycanroc, Alolan Meowth, Mudsdale, Alolan Marowak, Sylveon, and a shiny Crobat. :P
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Squeely » November 24th, 2016, 1:34 am

I'm still just rollin' with Pikachu, Rockruff, and Torracat. The fact that half of my planned team appears later into the game is starting to become a detriment. Though they should all be coming up shortly. Still, had to skip over a trainer who had a Mudbray because I've only been able to get the half of my team who are weak to Ground, and none of the ones who are good against it.

Funnily enough, we handled the Water trial fine despite my two Water-weak members. Super Potion spam on Electra the Pikachu saw us through. But then, this Fire trial, we just weren't equipped to handle it. I can see why: the game threw a bunch of fully-evolved (or may as well be in the case of Magmar) Pokes at us with no ability to heal between fights. I'd try it again but I just don't see Rockruff surviving enough to win, even with the resistance. He seems to have paper-thin defenses even with an Impish nature helping his physical Defense out.

I'm thinking the thing to do is evolve Rockruff, since he's only a few levels away from doing so. And seeing if Sid the Torracat has any TMs he can learn.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Elton John » November 24th, 2016, 1:44 am

I dont like the game much. Not far in and its overloaded with boring story scenes and on rails 'exploration'....

Do the story scenes get better and less frequent?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Squeely » November 24th, 2016, 1:53 am

Story scenes have gotten less frequent but only a little, I'd say. I too am not a fan of how linear everything is. Every new route I hit a roadblock, can't have me able to progress onto the next couple routes where I could pick up my next planned team members before taking on the trials, no couldn't have that :/

Edit: Granted, I'm only on the second island and I know there are four, possibly more. So I don't know if the game will pick up a bit more as I go on. But it's frustrating only going a route or two and then the game is like "lolblockade until you clear this trial!" Barely feels like I get to do much exploring.

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Postby Carl » November 24th, 2016, 3:03 am

I actually have loved all of the story scenes, it's made this one of the most enjoyable Pokémon games for me in years. The last one I enjoyed anywhere near this much was Soul Silver. I'm not sure if the story scenes get less frequent or not, because again, I've been enjoying the story, so it hasn't bothered me. Usually Pokémon games get boring with the need for excessive grinding, but this one I haven't had to grind much and I've been able to keep enjoying every part of the game, not just some.

Also, cap'n Squeels, Stufful seems to have a pretty low spawn rate, as I searched for one for the Pokedex and couldn't find them, so you may be searching for a while for it.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Squeely » November 24th, 2016, 7:59 am

I don't really mind the story scenes either, though I do see how others wouldn't like em. I have been enjoying the story. Just not terribly fond of how many roadblocks there are.

And yeah, I've heard Stufful has something like a 5% appearance rate. Gonna take a while to RNG the little darling, even moreso because I'll be shooting for a non-crappy nature. Granted, I'm open to most natures, just not say, Modest (- Attack, +Special Attack) as it would hinder more than help.

I suppose I could possibly take another mon in my last slot. I'm just not sure what. A Steel or Poison type would help out a lot, but I don't like Alolan Dugtrio much, and the poisons thus far (Grimer and Salandit) double dip on Incineroar's types.

I wonder when Sandshrew appears. Probably not until the next island, but it's worth consideration. It's quite similar to Stufful and Bewear, statwise, but I can see Ice/Steel being the more helpful typing, come to think of it. It adds another Ground weak, but by then I will have Morelull and Wimpod as resists.

Part of the problem is, it's a brand new game. I'm not familiar with when and where things appear, so I don't know what all my options are in terms of team mates. That and, I really wanna try 7th gen Pokes and Alolan forms, since they're new.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby Marizzle » November 24th, 2016, 3:19 pm

I'm personally really enjoying the "new vibe" this game has. It's obvious that, unlike previous ones, S&M are "brand new" in terms of content and I'm honestly really "OMG!" about that. That constant repetition of the previous games made them a bit...well, predictable, IMO. This time, however, I feel like I'm exploring a new and different game. But I'm not that far ahead in Sun, so I might still be in the "initial hype wave"... :lol:

Anyway, I've just finished the first trial and I found it strangely easy. I know others will be far harder, though! :chuckle:

My current team is: Pichu, Trumbeak, Cutiefly, Torracat, Brionne and Dartrix. :)
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Squeely » November 24th, 2016, 9:30 pm

I found the first trial to be pretty easy too. Though I have Moon, and can't help but feel that Moon players got the easier battle as Alolan Raticate doesn't have high Attack like Gumshoos does.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby FlipMode » November 25th, 2016, 12:36 am

Played a few hours of Sun earlier, it's pretty damn good. It's the first Pokemon game I've ever really played other than Go, so it's been pretty cool getting into a new Pokemon game this late down the line and seeing just how different the games are now compared to how they were and seeing loads of new Pokemon.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to The Den