What movies have you watched recently?

Re: What movies have you watched recently?

Postby Elton John » September 10th, 2016, 2:06 am

Balto was really good. I remember seeing it in theaters when it first came out.

-

Not sure if this counts but I almost rewatched zootopia today, but felt too tired to do so.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Soren » September 29th, 2016, 2:03 am

Watched Balto 2. Honestly, I was very disappointed. :sosorry: :fakeworry:
I don't think it was worth my time. All the voices except for Balto were different, Jenna's new voice probably being the worst voice, Aleu's coming in second. The ending just kind of happened all of the sudden, badly timed. Just felt like they had run out of time, and had to stop it. I think a Balto sequel would have been much better had it been made a few years after Balto (1995), rather than 18 years after it, in 2013.
One word to describe the movie sums it up for me: Lost

Going to watch Balto 3: Wings Of Change soon. Hopefully it will be better. :thoughtful2:
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

Postby Carl » October 2nd, 2016, 5:45 am

^ Um, Balto 2 is from 2002. I used to watch it all the time as a kid and I was kinda 21 in 2013. :P I will admit it's not anywhere near as good as its predecessor, but I still love the film. Nostalgia, I s'pose. Wings of Change was worse IMO. Maybe you'll enjoy it, though.

Anyhow, to the topic, today I watched a movie called Theatre of Blood (1973) starring one of my favorite actors, the late Vincent Price, as a vengeful actor killing the critics who ruined his career in ways that parallel Shakespeare. It was pretty funny, and truly a gem of a film.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Soren » October 5th, 2016, 1:59 am

[quote="Carl Skywalker"]^ Um, Balto 2 is from 2002. I used to watch it all the time as a kid and I was kinda 21 in 2013. :P I will admit it's not anywhere near as good as its predecessor, but I still love the film. Nostalgia, I s'pose. Wings of Change was worse IMO. Maybe you'll enjoy it, though. [/quote]

^ Huh, that's weird. On Amazon the year 2013 was above it. I assumed that was the year it was made.
Assume nothing, I guess. :fistbump:

Watched Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron a couple days ago. A big disappointment. They anthropomorphized the horses way too much, and honestly, a good deal of the scenes were quite cheesy. I can't believe Somme people were saying it was the best animated movie since The Lion King! :eyeroll:
Maybe I've just been watching too many animated movies. :kionoops:

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I may return.

Postby The Spirit of Life » October 8th, 2016, 12:45 am

Jurassic World
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Postby Carl » October 12th, 2016, 10:21 pm

Watched The Jungle Book (1967) with my cousin over the past couple of days. He loved it. Glad I got it while it was still available. :)
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Soren » October 21st, 2016, 12:52 am

Watched Balto 3: Wings Of Change about a week ago. I thought it was way better than Balto 2: Wolf Quest. Why?
The message IMO was much better and applicable to life than WQ's was. The whole idea of 'Going on a journey to find out who you really are' just does not work. People think that they need to find out who they are in order to live correctly. It's not about that! Life is about making the right decisions, not finding out who you are. As one of my tennis coaches put it best, "You are the sum of your decisions." When you make good decisions, good things will happen. In WOC, the message was about sacrificing your wants in order to do the right thing and being kind to your enemies. Kodi had a choice, go save the man's life and possibly lose his job, or the opposite. In the end, he had a change of heart and decided to do the right thing. What would have happened had he decided that a mail dog was who he was, and that he wasn't willing to do the right thing?
Most of the characters were better, too. Sean Astin did a very good job voicing Kodi, and some of the mail dogs were pretty good i.e. Dusty.
The one character I absolutely could not stand was Stella. That is my one major complaint about the movie.
She was just not necessary, and made the movie inappropriate at times for children. :grr2:

My one other complaint were the songs. They were not necessary. I just could not bear the one that Stella sang,
and the one that Jenna sang was just sort of cheesy. :P

Other than that, this was a great movie! Glad that they stepped it up after their failure with WQ. :happy2: :glee2: :kionsmile:

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

I may return.

Postby Rollo » October 31st, 2016, 3:33 pm

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) on Netflix yesterday. First time, and I only really wanted to watch it because of Jeff Goldblum. But man, what a great movie. It wasn't perfect, sure, but it was really good and definitely enjoyable, especially for a horror film. I was surprised by how much I liked Matthew and those pod scenes were so creepy, especially the one in the garden where they basically give birth to all these new humans. And the dog/hobo hybrid! I was not expecting that. Soundtrack was awesome too.

Also watched Hocus Pocus (1993) for the first time. It was pretty enjoyable too, although it definitely worked better as a film to watch after something like Invasion so I could get to sleep that night lol. The Sanderson sisters made it worth watching to the very end, especially Bette Midler. I would love to have seen a film with just them instead of the sheer 90s cheese that was forced upon us with the boy and his sister, etc. Even for 90s Disney 'teen' movies that was pretty terrible.
Last edited by Rollo on November 2nd, 2016, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby Marizzle » October 31st, 2016, 6:00 pm

Bambi 2.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Rollo » October 31st, 2016, 9:24 pm

Just finished my second full length viewing of The Exorcist for Halloween, of course. I was fortunate enough to watch the director's cut during my first viewing and I can't picture watching anything less than that. What an outstanding film. Without a doubt the greatest horror movie ever made, and one of the finest films in general. There's not a single character in that film that's out of place or unable to be connected to. Man...I think I enjoyed it even more this time than I did the first!
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

PreviousNext

Return to The Den